Colin P on for Daly

Peadar
08/11/2002, 8:11 PM
Colin P pulled one back

Peadar
08/11/2002, 8:34 PM
After 86 mins
It's curtains for City.
There's no excuse for our terrible defence.
Let's hope Shels keep Bohs from getting away from the rest of the league.

Pablo
08/11/2002, 8:38 PM
how can we be so good at home and so poor away. fair enough being better at home than away, but talk about extremes.............

Peadar
08/11/2002, 8:40 PM
It's once again confirmed that we hate Richmond Park.
Game ends, postmortem begins.

A face
09/11/2002, 9:54 AM
Originally posted by Peadar
Colin P on for Daly

This might be a good sign !!

OK OK .... i am just trying to look at the positive side of things !!

Neil
09/11/2002, 10:03 AM
I have a feeling Daly might be finished after being dragged ashore after 20 minutes last night. He looked completely lost out there and it was a shame to see a great servant for CCFC being put in a position by Liam Murphy when he has been past it for some time now.

Dan Murray had a brilliant game IMO and Bennett alongside him did very well too when he went back to centre-half after Daly went off.

Greg O'Halloran IMO was head and shoulders above the other 21 on the pitch. Even though we were hammered we was always looking for the ball, tackling hard, shouting, encouraging and pushing up from midfield for shots. Keep an eye for him on the bench next week.

Woods wasn't at the races (again).

Warren - worked hard and made some great runs. Has to start.
Flynn - quiet(er) but never stopped running.
Carey and Hoggy did ok I thought and George played well in midfield.

Now if we had a manager with a plan......................?

patsh
09/11/2002, 2:28 PM
Devine, Greg, Murray and Warren tried their hearts out.
Carey, Benno and Hoggie all put in the effort.
J O'F and CP at least looked interested.
Have to disgree with you about George, Neil.
He should have stayed home by the fire with Billy for company.
CT did nothing.
Daly should never pull on a City jersey again.
It's not his fault, he is just past it.
No tactics, no plan, no shape, no management.
and worst of all, that f*cking slimey piece of pond scum getting 2 goals against us.

There is someone in Cork today who should find out what the decent thing is, and do it.:(

Peadar
09/11/2002, 4:39 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Have to disgree with you about George, Neil.
He should have stayed home by the fire with Billy for company.

Listening to it on the radio I was amazed how much they mentioned George when he dropped back to midfield.
They said that he was everywhere chasing everything and showed great spirit never giving up on the game.
He seemed to be involved in so much.
Maybe you're confusing George with someone else oddboy?

patsh
09/11/2002, 6:24 PM

Maybe you're confusing George with someone else oddboy?
NO, Peadar, I'm not.
George is the moaning, argumentative fancy dan who threw his leg into a few tackles, but spent most of the game giving out to his team mates instead of getting stuck in. He had one good free kick, bashed into J'OF once and did not play a decent pass for the whole night. The only player on the pitch who was worse than him, was Woods.
But of course , as you heard it all on the radio, you'd know right enough..:mad:

Peadar
09/11/2002, 6:48 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
But of course , as you heard it all on the radio, you'd know right enough..:mad:

Mind don't burst a blood vessel there oddboy.
I think that Pat Dolan knows a bit about the game and I had no reason to suspect that what he said about George was lies.
Having read some of your posts recently I have no reason to suspect that you know much about the game.

I have read little or nothing here from others who backup your view.

patsh
09/11/2002, 6:56 PM

Mind don't burst a blood vessel there oddboy.
I think that Pat Dolan knows a bit about the game and I had no reason to suspect that what he said about George was lies.
Having read some of your posts recently I have no reason to suspect that you know much about the game.

I have read little or nothing here from others who backup your view.

Well, well thats me put in my place, isn't it?

You listen to what you hear, I'll believe what I see.

btw, there is a job going at Merrion Square. You'd be in with a good shout, as not going to see players seems to be part of the brief.

Troy.McClure
10/11/2002, 11:42 AM
Jez lads, get off the fence ;)

I actually thought that GO'C played fairly well, well, alright anyway. When he dropped back to midfield he did make himself available for the pass and when he got the ball he did try to find a man instead of trying to flick it on ala Greg, who played well, but to say that he was head and shoulders above the other 21 was just a slight over statement IMO. Rovers 3-5-2 killed us in midfield like Pats usually do. City were 2nd best in every department.:(

James
10/11/2002, 1:59 PM
tuppence worth

GOC was ok-ish not as bad as made out by some here

greg and dan murray though had very good games in what looked a poor and disinterested city team

daly was a joke, and as pointed out by neil he shouldnt be playing now and is only imo destroying the memory of a loyal city player these last few seasons by playing on when he should have retired. now i'm afraid he'll be remembered for these horrendous displays rather then the solid defender he was years ago.. pity.. whether u blame gunther for continually picking him or deccie himself for not doing the decent thing and retiring is another matter

but the way things are going results-wise i still think we can win the league :).. but twould be in spite of gunther and not becaise of him..

dont see john o'flynn and dan murray or georgie sticking around next season to be honest with this kind of non-sensical management.

patsh
10/11/2002, 7:12 PM
As the "some here" who thought George had a bad game, I think the thing that struck me most about Fridays game, was that most of the team tried, but there was absolutely no cohesion or organisation to the side.
It was a performance by individuals, no team showing.

And, James, I also think we can still win the league, but with the message from the manager that our chance has gone, what hope is there for the rest of the season?
What are the players supposed to think?
I agree with you about G O'C, J O'F and Murray, why would they hang on with that mentality around ?

And I suppose I did jump down your throat Peadar, but I really thought George did too much with his mouth and not enough with his feet.

dalo
11/11/2002, 9:23 AM
george was a disgrace again. personally i wouldn't lose any sleep if himself and woodsie were banished to the bench.

as for deccie it is sad to him look like a old man as hunt and molloy ran rings around him. great player and great servant but he doesn't deserve to play anymore.

two of the city goals came about as a result of city's failure to hold onto possesion in their attacking end of the field.

as for the chance of o'flynn going no way jose. that guy is the reason we are even near the top. aside form him, devine and possibly reynolds we should be alot lower.

we will be doing well to stay in the top three

pete
11/11/2002, 11:42 AM
Not one player on the pitch played well IMO.

Once again we only had one alternative when we went two down - Bring George back into centre midfield.

Since Builly wasn't tracking back much maybe would have been better to try 3 up front?

Éanna
11/11/2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by pete
Since Builly wasn't tracking back much maybe would have been better to try 3 up front?
tried that in longofrd when billy went missing and he did nothing then either.