PDA

View Full Version : Peter Bourke Gone To Westport

pixiehead
09/12/2006, 4:32 PM
Newsflash ........... peter bourke is goin to westport ... You heard it here first... Apparently he paid the referees out of his own pocket for a number of games and the ballyheane committee never gave him the money back and he got fried and jumped ship. There is a case of John "Bird" kelly about this. Remember he went to Manulla after a fall out with the committee???:eek:

the grape vine
10/12/2006, 12:58 PM
ya i have also heard that he has payed the trainer's wages a few times,and not got the money back? ballyheane must have serious money problems????

Thunderblaster
10/12/2006, 1:06 PM
Know nothing about this!!:confused:

pixiehead
10/12/2006, 5:46 PM
ya i have also heard that he has payed the trainer's wages a few times,and not got the money back? ballyheane must have serious money problems????

Id understand a player paying the ref once in a blue moon but having to pay the gaffer out of his own pocket??? C'mon man...... are you sure??:eek: Get Reno in here Quick im sure he'll answer the charges

The Don
11/12/2006, 8:22 AM
Newsflash ........... peter bourke is goin to westport ... You heard it here first... Apparently he paid the referees out of his own pocket for a number of games and the ballyheane committee never gave him the money back and he got fried and jumped ship. There is a case of John "Bird" kelly about this. Remember he went to Manulla after a fall out with the committee???:eek:

Firstly John Kelly left because of a personal dispute which he has since got over nad moved on. Secondly I don't think Peter Bourke was payrolling Ballyheane AFC for the season !. I love the ways stories get wings.

the grape vine
11/12/2006, 9:27 AM
none of my business how any club is run,but the least you would think is that this player would get his money back straight away(that is if the money is there)? sound's like a very messy situation for both club and player...

The Don
11/12/2006, 10:10 AM
none of my business how any club is run,but the least you would think is that this player would get his money back straight away(that is if the money is there)? sound's like a very messy situation for both club and player...

You are aware that he is also treasurer of the club.

the grape vine
11/12/2006, 10:52 AM
so you'll be losing a class player & a treasurer !!

robben 11
11/12/2006, 12:22 PM
so you'll be losing a class player & a treasurer !!

im sure ballyheane committe will sort something out, bourke paid for manager's wages a couple of times and once to a refree which im sure he will be repaid for. mabye bourke sees ballyheane struggling with the top three sides in the super league in terms of players,managment, and ambition its hard not to look at what celtic are doing, mabye westport is an escape route. whatever his decision im sure it will be justified and i wish him well, id prefer if he stayed and im sure the lads on team will feel the same...

pixiehead
11/12/2006, 2:14 PM
Firstly John Kelly left because of a personal dispute which he has since got over nad moved on. Secondly I don't think Peter Bourke was payrolling Ballyheane AFC for the season !. I love the ways stories get wings.

I know its stories but i actually heard it off 2 Ballyheane players :confused: so there must must be some truth in it.

pixiehead
11/12/2006, 2:38 PM
You are aware that he is also treasurer of the club.

I was informed last night that he "was something to do with the committee" by a Ballyheane player. This both saddens and angers me . Its not just in ballyheane The Don, its in nearly every club in the county. Players take no interest in the day to day runing of the club or give a monkeys either. They assume it runs its self and money grows on trees. I didnt realise Bourke was on the committee and i have the upmost respect for him after hearing that. I am the youngest committee member at our club and players have to come on board if they have any love for there club which im sure Bourke did. Maybe Ballyheane have financial problems i dont know but what i do know is that so do over half the clubS in the Mayo league. Its time players got off their holes and put a bit of effort into their clubs instead of pulling on a jersey every sunday and hoping their picture gets into the Connaught Telegraph or rural clubs will end up in hot water :mad: . If Bourke was annoyed then i dont blame him. Its hard when you put your heart into a club and get nothing in return. But ( and correct me if im wrong) i assume that the committee was finding it difficult like all small clubs in top flight, and couldnt meet the demands of football in way its become so proffesional. There is two sides to this story but i would hope thet the Ballyheane players and officials would rally round each other now and work to make the club one of the most respected as it always was. GOOD LUCK TO THEM :cool:

Thunderblaster
11/12/2006, 5:41 PM
It is time to bring on the Renovater!!:D I'm sure he would love to sink his fangs into this debate!!:D

renovater
11/12/2006, 8:10 PM
Fisrt and formost I dont run Ballyheane Football CLUB nor do I sit on its committee.
However I am A where that at the end of any year clubs always find there is the odd bill not paid due to short fall of funds or that moneys where not paid in to meet the bills. I also reason to believe he was the treasurer of the club.
regards to him making personal contibutions sounds to be a bit far fetch.
I am also awhere that the players and them soley where responable for any expenses due to the team manager.So if player or players are shouting throw empty pint glasses shame on them for airing there dirty washing.and casting out the club.Of course there is a place to deal with this matter or any matter concerning Ballyheane or any other club,and thats at a meeting with those concerned. Not at the local public house.I take it the same poeple would have proberly never attended a meeting before.The only person is the loser here is the person shouting his mouth off.and formost letting his club down.
As regards to finance of Ballyheane would be the same as any other club.And that is always looking for money to meet its daly cost.
As regards to the club owing Money to Peter Bourke I would be assured that would not be the case.As matter of the players owing Money to Peter Bourke ,only P.Bourke can answer that.
But one thing remains for sure Peter Bourke is Not going to Westport Dispite player or players talking through empty Pint Glasses
With regard to the coments about the bird that was an indifferants between him and the Manager as to why he left, And I will tell you he wont be the last to leave ballyheane or any other club.:)

robben 11
12/12/2006, 2:03 PM
Fisrt and formost I dont run Ballyheane Football CLUB nor do I sit on its committee.
However I am A where that at the end of any year clubs always find there is the odd bill not paid due to short fall of funds or that moneys where not paid in to meet the bills. I also reason to believe he was the treasurer of the club.
regards to him making personal contibutions sounds to be a bit far fetch.
I am also awhere that the players and them soley where responable for any expenses due to the team manager.So if player or players are shouting throw empty pint glasses shame on them for airing there dirty washing.and casting out the club.Of course there is a place to deal with this matter or any matter concerning Ballyheane or any other club,and thats at a meeting with those concerned. Not at the local public house.I take it the same poeple would have proberly never attended a meeting before.The only person is the loser here is the person shouting his mouth off.and formost letting his club down.
As regards to finance of Ballyheane would be the same as any other club.And that is always looking for money to meet its daly cost.
As regards to the club owing Money to Peter Bourke I would be assured that would not be the case.As matter of the players owing Money to Peter Bourke ,only P.Bourke can answer that.
But one thing remains for sure Peter Bourke is Not going to Westport Dispite player or players talking through empty Pint Glasses
With regard to the coments about the bird that was an indifferants between him and the Manager as to why he left, And I will tell you he wont be the last to leave ballyheane or any other club.:)

well said reno!!! nothing worse than dishing up some dirt on your own club..shame on you who ever you are..
SOLLUTION TO HEANES PROBLEMS??? Hang on to bourke by all means possible get a good mediator in if necessary!! Sign up Scotty for xmas so youl have to Geordies up Front... Get rid of the €250 a week manager who is a very talented man with brilliant ideas but only in an ideal world where football is played likle the beautiful game it is i.e the premership not mayo super league.. Re-instate I.Duffy get back to playing 3-5-2 and install the pain of playing against a resilliant side,who scrap for everything...Roll on the old days which saw ballyheane get to last 16 f.a.i. and by the time March comes around have the squad raring to go like which they always are.. except this time john clarkes training from the last year will have rubbed off this time its not costing a penny.......Heane can get through this and learn from there mistakes

the grape vine
12/12/2006, 3:06 PM
very well said,players should be a little more tight lipped.. i remember seeing ballyheane playing that 3-5-2 system about 3-4yrs ago, very hard to break down and very organised team back then, maybe they could get back to some kind of form again. i think only if they can holded on to p.burke and maybe 1-2 new face's to strenghten the side. only time will tell???

Thunderblaster
27/12/2006, 5:01 PM
I heard from a club official that Peter Bourke signed for Westport last weekend.

swinfordfc
28/12/2006, 11:46 AM
I heard from a club official that Peter Bourke signed for Westport last weekend.

Can he play in the Connacht Cup for Westport - i think he can cause Ballyheane have not play in it yet so therefore Peter wouldn't have play in it either.

Thunderblaster
29/12/2006, 9:40 AM
Can he play in the Connacht Cup for Westport - i think he can cause Ballyheane have not play in it yet so therefore Peter wouldn't have play in it either.

Ballyheane did not play as you said, there is the 14 day clearance rule after transferring to his new club and as far as I can see, it is all systems go.:D

renovater
31/12/2006, 6:04 PM
well said reno!!! nothing worse than dishing up some dirt on your own club..shame on you who ever you are..
SOLLUTION TO HEANES PROBLEMS??? Hang on to bourke by all means possible get a good mediator in if necessary!! Sign up Scotty for xmas so youl have to Geordies up Front... Get rid of the €250 a week manager who is a very talented man with brilliant ideas but only in an ideal world where football is played likle the beautiful game it is i.e the premership not mayo super league.. Re-instate I.Duffy get back to playing 3-5-2 and install the pain of playing against a resilliant side,who scrap for everything...Roll on the old days which saw ballyheane get to last 16 f.a.i. and by the time March comes around have the squad raring to go like which they always are.. except this time john clarkes training from the last year will have rubbed off this time its not costing a penny.......Heane can get through this and learn from there mistakes
AND SO SAY ALL OF US and good luck to bourke in his new club.he left his dirty washing behind him anotherwords he ran for cover.

pixiehead
01/01/2007, 4:26 PM
AND SO SAY ALL OF US and good luck to bourke in his new club.he left his dirty washing behind him anotherwords he ran for cover.

I cant help but feel just a little bit of sarcasim in that :mad: .You would be the first to correct someone else on them comments. YES???

the grape vine
02/01/2007, 10:02 AM
maybe p.burke going to westport mite be a lesson to other clubs thinking of paying player's, looking at the ballyheane thing,started paying players,and now none of the player's they payed aren't playing,i say in a poor financial way,and now lost there best player in p.burke.

Thunderblaster
03/01/2007, 12:06 PM
Got another SMS from MF making an allegation that Peter Burke is to receive €65 from Westport United. Any truth in that? My reply to him was that I would not comment on it as I'm out of the country as I still am, back on the old screen in Clayton Square Shopping Centre, Liverpool. To be honest, I would be opposed to any payment made to the guy. If the likes of Flawless, Cam, Louisburgh Lion, Vinny, Lovejoy, Mairt, Munch, Kenno or anyone else plays their football free gratis for the club, then surely this guy can.

the grape vine
03/01/2007, 12:57 PM
i totally agree, it could cause a lot of unrest in the club.

pixiehead
03/01/2007, 3:31 PM
maybe p.burke going to westport mite be a lesson to other clubs thinking of paying player's, looking at the ballyheane thing,started paying players,and now none of the player's they payed aren't playing,i say in a poor financial way,and now lost there best player in p.burke.

I dont understand. Who did they pay in Ballyheane?? Thats the first i heard of it.Can you tell me more please????:confused:

the grape vine
03/01/2007, 3:36 PM
I dont understand. Who did they pay in Ballyheane?? Thats the first i heard of it.Can you tell me more please????:confused:

not sure of name's,but the guy's from galway got a few pound.

pixiehead
03/01/2007, 3:39 PM
not sure of name's,but the guy's from galway got a few pound.

Who was from Galway?? Dont remember any one from Galway?? :confused: Id be fairly ****ed if i was a player in a half paid team :mad:

the grape vine
03/01/2007, 3:44 PM
Who was from Galway?? Dont remember any one from Galway?? :confused: Id be fairly ****ed if i was a player in a half paid team :mad:

as i said not sure of names or number's,but players it get money that's all i heard,and i agree u been mad,i would also p**s me off.

renovater
03/01/2007, 5:52 PM
Got another SMS from MF making an allegation that Peter Burke is to receive €65 from Westport United. Any truth in that? My reply to him was that I would not comment on it as I'm out of the country as I still am, back on the old screen in Clayton Square Shopping Centre, Liverpool. To be honest, I would be opposed to any payment made to the guy. If the likes of Flawless, Cam, Louisburgh Lion, Vinny, Lovejoy, Mairt, Munch, Kenno or anyone else plays their football free gratis for the club, then surely this guy can.
You are more than lighty right when you say you would opposed any player being paid.remember there are others who may not agree with you.But I for one would agree with you.
But in truth westport were one of the first clubs in Mayo to pay players,anumber of years ago?but by there standards at the time it was all right.

renovater
03/01/2007, 6:00 PM
If ballyheane were paying players why did maloney leave,and go to Celtic? if he were paid by the club they would have some hold on the player.
I dont think ballyheane were paying anyone. something turn P. BOURKE head.
Now this player had oppitunity's to go further in football for the likes of sligo and Galway. may be the offer in Westport was better.:)

robben 11
08/01/2007, 5:13 PM
joey maloney was getting paid at ballyheane and he is getting paid at celtic too when he is playing.. he was on pay as you play at ballyheane geting travel expenses from galway and celtic are no different... its a joke

irishyop
09/01/2007, 9:53 AM
joey maloney was getting paid at ballyheane and he is getting paid at celtic too when he is playing.. he was on pay as you play at ballyheane geting travel expenses from galway and celtic are no different... its a joke

Out of interest, how do you know he is getting paid? From those involved within the club he is not getting paid.

On the Fintan McHale point you made in Mayo Football 2006 which is now locked, you do seem to know more than Fintan, as he still knows nothing about this as of this morning, nor the moves to have Celtic B in the Super league, which would be hard as they only finished mid table last season anyway.
As for the B team hating Dykes, I'm afraid again pure speculation

robben 11
09/01/2007, 12:04 PM
Out of interest, how do you know he is getting paid? From those involved within the club he is not getting paid.

On the Fintan McHale point you made in Mayo Football 2006 which is now locked, you do seem to know more than Fintan, as he still knows nothing about this as of this morning, nor the moves to have Celtic B in the Super league, which would be hard as they only finished mid table last season anyway.
As for the B team hating Dykes, I'm afraid again pure speculation

not just me who seems to know more than fintan, players on the b team have informed me this is so mite be pub talk never the less it was still said, and as for going for the super league i feel that is my opinion the route the b team should at least try and take as it has been succesful for galway teams in Galway leagues..i feel that its a very valid opinion i would think do you not been a Celtic man and all..would you not like to see 2 teams in the Super League..Joey.M was 100 % getting paid at ballyheane and if hes not at Celtic i retract my comment but its hard to see him jumping from a wage to €0......
The B team mite have finished mid table but there are already players lined up to play again for the b team 2007 inc players from old regime and players who had left the b team only last year returning to make a serious challenge for the premier division..AND ALL THE BEST TO THE B'S THIS YEAR

Closing Time
09/01/2007, 1:38 PM
not just me who seems to know more than fintan, players on the b team have informed me this is so mite be pub talk never the less it was still said, and as for going for the super league i feel that is my opinion the route the b team should at least try and take as it has been succesful for galway teams in Galway leagues..i feel that its a very valid opinion i would think do you not been a Celtic man and all..would you not like to see 2 teams in the Super League..Joey.M was 100 % getting paid at ballyheane and if hes not at Celtic i retract my comment but its hard to see him jumping from a wage to €0......
The B team mite have finished mid table but there are already players lined up to play again for the b team 2007 inc players from old regime and players who had left the b team only last year returning to make a serious challenge for the premier division..AND ALL THE BEST TO THE B'S THIS YEAR

To put the record straight Joey is not getting paid. He was getting paid in Ballyheane by whom I do not know. He left Ballyheane to win something and he knew Dykes. As for the B team playing in the Super League, Celtic proposed at the Mayo League AGM that their B team should be allowed to gain promotion to the S.L. but were turned down by the clubs after an excellent speech by Mr. M. Fox. The other way the club could enter a B team is to call it Celtic B and enter it as a different club to Castlebar Celtic. They would have to have its own officials. My view is that it would not work as you would have two clubs in one. As for th B team not liking the management of the A team is rubbish. As for every club there will be a number of players who feel that they have not got a fair deal when it comes to playing with the clubs top team. As for Fintan Mc coming on board as player manager it would be great for the B team, but I feel that he still has a lot to offer the A team and was missed when he was out injured. A fit Fintam Mc. would walk onto the Celtic team.

the grape vine
09/01/2007, 2:44 PM
I agree with you saying that f mchale has i lot to offer(still pretty young @ about 28) to the celtic A team, i think he underrated and doesn't get the credit he often deserve's.

pixiehead
09/01/2007, 3:03 PM
To put the record straight Joey is not getting paid. He was getting paid in Ballyheane by whom I do not know. He left Ballyheane to win something and he knew Dykes. As for the B team playing in the Super League, Celtic proposed at the Mayo League AGM that their B team should be allowed to gain promotion to the S.L. but were turned down by the clubs after an excellent speech by Mr. M. Fox. The other way the club could enter a B team is to call it Celtic B and enter it as a different club to Castlebar Celtic. They would have to have its own officials. My view is that it would not work as you would have two clubs in one. As for th B team not liking the management of the A team is rubbish. As for every club there will be a number of players who feel that they have not got a fair deal when it comes to playing with the clubs top team. As for Fintan Mc coming on board as player manager it would be great for the B team, but I feel that he still has a lot to offer the A team and was missed when he was out injured. A fit Fintam Mc. would walk onto the Celtic team.

Tell us what Fox said in the speech?? :D Go on ! Was it spelt right :p

robben 11
09/01/2007, 3:07 PM

fox my hole!

renovater
09/01/2007, 6:49 PM
There appears to be conficting information out there. were you or are you appart of Ballyheane or Castlebar Celtic, UNLESS YOU WERE HOW WOULD YOU KNOW,my info tell me differant.

renovater
09/01/2007, 6:58 PM
fox my hole!
I think the taste you are now using is uncalled for why done you listen and learn from your other thread bearers, if he said M.fox gave the speech that spelled everything out that clubs wanted to hear so be it. all I can say MR Fox take abow.
on the issue as to a team can play two teams in one division Celtic have the right to put it forward again, but to all the other clubs out there would find it unfair.

galactico
09/01/2007, 7:43 PM
I think the taste you are now using is uncalled for why done you listen and learn from your other thread bearers, if he said M.fox gave the speech that spelled everything out that clubs wanted to hear so be it. all I can say MR Fox take abow.
on the issue as to a team can play two teams in one division Celtic have the right to put it forward again, but to all the other clubs out there would find it unfair.
self praise is no praise.....foxy;)

Fair Play
09/01/2007, 10:46 PM
fox my hole!
I don't agree with anyone being castigated in this manner on these threads, but maybe I can understand your frustration. I suppose if you "live by the sword, you die by the sword" or "what goes round also comes round". Maybe all would refrain from condemning individuals by name.

renovater
09/01/2007, 10:58 PM
I don't agree with anyone being castigated in this manner on these threads, but maybe I can understand your frustration. I suppose if you "live by the sword, you die by the sword" or "what goes round also comes round". Maybe all would refrain from condemning individuals by name.
here here

renovater
09/01/2007, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=galactico;601253]self praise is no praise.....foxy;)[/QUO
Who rattle your cage? long time since we heard from you.
Please would you refrain from Questing Please!!!

swift
10/01/2007, 12:29 AM

A couple of years ago Nicksy tried to sign the afore mentioned Maloney for Celtic and was told that, he was getting X amount from Ballyheane and if Celtic could match it he would come and play. Now maybe it was Maloney trying to pull a fast one I dont know.

the 12 th man
10/01/2007, 7:17 AM
Enough hear-say for one thread.