PDA

View Full Version : The shed's dead

Ali-G
08/11/2002, 9:48 AM
I left the shed about 3 years ago, as i got fed up with alot of things.
1. No new songs in 5 years.
2. Still singing Sinn Fein and IRA in the Fields of Bishopstown.
3. Up, Up, Up.
4. I'm getting old
5. Too many 12-15yr old scuts.

I dont know if life-long sheddies realise that they are not as loud as they think. I sit now either in the Derrynane or Donie Forde, and the shed doesnt make much noise, even in full voice.

The shed often begins singing about 20 minutes before a game, then when the game starts, there is nothing. Unless a goal is scored, or something like that.

There arent any funny songs anymore. Fields of B'town is ancient now, so is Fat Dolan song, feed the dubs, shove your needles etc. When was the last good new song/chant?

The shed is only a shadow of its former self.

pete
08/11/2002, 10:00 AM
Now theres a kiddies maybe thw shed could be converted into the teenagers section so that theres a mature alternative at the St Annes End (needs a roof badly)

Dricky
08/11/2002, 10:04 AM
We're getting old Ali-g I couldn't agree with you more there was a time when the shed was almost on top of the goalies so much so the opposition could feel the eyes on them, we used to be the only shed, now every tom dick and harry has 'the shed' it's a pity but I think the days of the shed are numbered I don't think football fans have the fun anymore I honestly think the just come for the match.

mahony
08/11/2002, 2:35 PM
What we need is to create a new atmosphere in the st annes end of the ground. A roof would help alot as i think its a great place to view the match. I sat there for most of this season and got going with a few others through out the rovers game especially. Anything that can create a new atmosphere would be great. The talk of flags and drums is good. Bring it on. It should be brought up at the supporters club meetings. If we can create a fun atmosphere then the crowd will get going. It works. Does anyone know if the mfa have any plans to cover the st annes end of the ground?? :confused:

James
08/11/2002, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by mahony
The talk of flags and drums is good. Bring it on. It should be brought up at the supporters club meetings

agree with everything u say bar that..

the SC organises lotto and the programme sales and does that excellently.. but i think it might be better / quicker if this was done without..involving them..all it needs is agroup of fansto come together...the money is there almost from the foot.ie community alone..

A face
08/11/2002, 3:44 PM
Originally posted by mahony
The talk of flags and drums is good. Bring it on.

Dont be shy yourself ..... €25 is the average donation :)

It should be brought up at the supporters club meetings.

Only if people go to the meetings to hear it being brought up :)

Real ale Madrid
11/11/2002, 10:55 AM
Does anyone remember the atmosphere for the league game v Pats in Jan 00. It would be a pity to see the shed's atmosphere die away.