PDA

View Full Version : Hell freezes over as Gunther looks set to meet with City fans

Colm
07/11/2002, 10:33 PM
The Star are organising a series of forums for eircom league fans. City, Bohs, Rovers, Shels, Pats, Sligo and Waterford will all host forums which will be attended by Star journalists Paul Lennon and Mark McCadden, Darren Bernstein of the el and two representitives of the particular club.
Cork City will host their evening on Thursday November 28th at 8pm in PJ Turners Beer Garden. The clubs representitives on the night will be Chairman Brian Lennox and manager Liam Murphy .

Dricky
08/11/2002, 7:37 AM
Money on it he say nothing

ian
08/11/2002, 7:49 AM
There well be a lot said on the night but it won't be from Liam Murphy it will all come from Brian.They will have it all worked out before they come in.It will be good for the fans to get there point across to both men and more Fan's the better for us.

patsh
08/11/2002, 9:00 AM
What is the aim/objective or even point of these meetings ?

Troy.McClure
08/11/2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by COLM
Cork City will host their evening on Thursday November 28th at 8pm in PJ Turners Beer Garden. The clubs representitives on the night will be Chairman Brian Lennox and manager Liam Murphy .

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Im genuinly shocked!

He's going to get F-ed out of it I suppose.

James
08/11/2002, 11:26 AM
well questions will certainly be put to him
whether or not he then answers is another matter

pete
08/11/2002, 11:53 AM
Isn't that meeting about marketing the club/league 'n stuff?

Wish i was there to hear what Murphy had to say about public image of the club 'n all that.

:eek:

James
08/11/2002, 11:58 AM
dont wry pete i'm sure someone from here will update you on whats going on

certainly will be interesting to hear what the man has to say though..
more then likely Mr Lennox will do all the talking though

dalo
08/11/2002, 1:48 PM
Love to go that. Should be interesting.

Hopefully everyone will be behaved and it won't turn into a shouting match with anyone acting the bully. Besides I am sure gunther will have been warned beforehand about acting up;)

James
08/11/2002, 2:07 PM
well if there are so many concerned exiles in the pale and elsewhere, i ''ll post a detailed report on the meeting the next day here on foot.ie..

think it doesnt warrant the setting up of liveupdates :D

Jack_2001
10/11/2002, 1:53 PM
What about a webcast of it?:)

Éanna
11/11/2002, 9:28 AM
someone should get a load of t-shirts printed with "Murphy Out" on them and a bunch go along wearing them :)

Hopefully he´ll be long gone by then though

niamh
12/11/2002, 9:49 AM
After the Rovers match it will be interesting to see if he still goes. He'd be a brave man, but having stayed away from fans for so long, he really has it coming.

eoinh
12/11/2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by dalo
Love to go that. Should be interesting.

if you miss your own clubs meeting or if your club isn't holding one you can attend a different clubs' forum they said.

dalo
12/11/2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by eoinh

if you miss your own clubs meeting or if your club isn't holding one you can attend a different clubs' forum they said.

yeah I can see it now. surrounded by bohs fans and I pipe up with my mayfield accent. i am sure it would go down very well;)

Gary
12/11/2002, 11:17 AM
I'll go along definitely but i cant see the point on it being an attack on Gunther. Id have more questions for Lennox, name ly on the issue of the so called "stewarding".

Besides, with tyhe club officials recent behaviour id imagine if you look crooked at LM, you may get banned from the club! :rolleyes:

Éanna
12/11/2002, 2:04 PM
Originally posted by GWA
I'll go along definitely but i cant see the point on it being an attack on Gunther. Id have more questions for Lennox, name ly on the issue of the so called "stewarding".
Stewarding definitely needs to be sorted out, but I think some kind of demonstration of unhappinnes with murphy would be very appropriate. I'm not suggesting disrupting the meeting or anything but maybe before/after/outside a show of discontentment would be called for. Murphy has been avoiding and insulting the fans since he got the job, he can't expect to get away with it forever.

Colm
12/11/2002, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by GWA

Besides, with tyhe club officials recent behaviour id imagine if you look crooked at LM, you may get banned from the club! :rolleyes: Agreed, it seems that freedom of speech has been outlawed at CCFC of late.

To be honest though, i cant see Gunther having the guts to turn up, surely he knows how the supporters feel about him