PDA

View Full Version : Long Boring Bitch Fight

Ref
07/11/2002, 2:39 PM
You are a s**t talking idiot who denies others an opinion on an issue purely because they lack DIRECT involvement in it.

ooh i'm reaching for my back pocket....

why don't you want to get involved? (you with all the opinions)

Just cause people can't NAME rules doesn't mean they don't understand and can't interpret them.

:o

I have to dispute that it does.

you're entitled to your free speech.

even if you're wrong.

:)

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 2:50 PM
Originally posted by Ref

why don't you want to get involved? (you with all the opinions)

you're entitled to your free speech.

even if you're wrong.

So you'll pull out a knife, well I'll pull out a gun.:D Two fingers to you, @sshole.
In case, you haven't realised, I'm already involved in soccer. Some would say too much so, but I disagree. I've followed City all over the country for the last 12 years, and I've long since lost count of the amount of money I've spent doing it. But, it's money that I couldn't have spent better.
You are the only person in here who believes that you're right and I'm wrong. Reality check: far more people in here are likely to disagree with you than will agree.

Murphy Out Now!!!
Ref Out Now!!!:D

Éanna
07/11/2002, 3:45 PM
Shed End John, lay off a bit will ya. He´s entitled to disagree with you. Personally I think what Ref is saying is a prime example of the sort of attitude referees have- i.e. we should be above criticism, but fair enough.

One question for you Ref: what is your opinion on linesmen? they are the ones who really get on my nerves. They are the ones who don´t do their jobs. If they ASSISTED the refs, refs could concentrate on the play and the game would be the better for it.

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Shed End John, lay off a bit will ya. He´s entitled to disagree with you.

I know he's entitled to disagree with me, it is a discussion forum. I'm just passionate in my opinions, that's all.

Murphy Out Now!!!

James
07/11/2002, 4:10 PM
yea even if you are indeed wrong shed end john.

also quit the insults and name calling .. (unless its funny :) )

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 4:13 PM
Originally posted by James
also quit the insults and name calling .. (unless its funny :) )

I will, when people like Ref get the f**k down off their moral, holier-than-thou high horse. That sort of attitude just annoys the s**t out of me.

Murphy Out Now!!!

James
07/11/2002, 4:16 PM
well as you have oft stated ...this is a discussion forum.. so he's entitled to his opinion... and to be quite frank you're buggin alot of people in here with your non-sense.

james

Éanna
07/11/2002, 4:16 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
I will, when people like Ref get the f**k down off their moral, holier-than-thou high horse. That sort of attitude just annoys the s**t out of me.
maybe you culd try the same and stop going on :rolleyes: :mad:

Schumi
07/11/2002, 4:17 PM
(unless its funny :) )
Like this (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?threadi??d=4789).

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 4:19 PM

maybe you culd try the same and stop going on :rolleyes: :mad:

Sheesh, talk about the repression of free speech.:p

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
07/11/2002, 4:19 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Like this (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?threadi??d=4789) ?
perhaps. but maybe more sophisticated :eek: :)

Schumi
07/11/2002, 4:24 PM

perhaps. but maybe more sophisticated :eek: :)
More sophisticated than Longford? Are you sure that's possible?;)

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 4:36 PM
well as you have oft stated ...this is a discussion forum.. so he's entitled to his opinion... and to be quite frank you're buggin alot of people in here with your non-sense.

I've never been one to let the so-called 'majority opinions' of 'people' like you get up my nose and i sure as f**k aint going to start now. Besides, this is a discussion forum..........:rolleyes: :p

Éanna
07/11/2002, 4:38 PM
I've never been one to let the so-called 'majority opinions' of 'people' like you get up my nose and i sure as f**k aint going to start now. Besides, this is a discussion forum..........:rolleyes: :p You´ve made that abundantly clear, but when someone gives you good advice, it´s very silly to spurn it so aggressively.

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 4:45 PM
You´ve made that abundantly clear, but when someone gives you good advice, it´s very silly to spurn it so aggressively.

I've never, EVER been one to spurn good advice, especially in an agressive manner, as long as it actually IS good advice. Fortunately I have a brain and mind of my own and I'll judge whether the advice given to me is good or bad.
Thank you.:p

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
07/11/2002, 4:47 PM
I've never, EVER been one to spurn good advice, especially in an agressive manner, as long as it actually IS good advice. Fortunately I have a brain and mind of my own and I'll judge whether the advice given to me is good or bad.
Thank you.:p

Murphy Out Now!!!
I would strongly advise you to check your Private Messages or e-mail account NOW.

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 4:55 PM

I would strongly advise you to check your Private Messages or e-mail account NOW.

Jesus, some of that is going just a little bit TOO FAR. Besides, I've previously posted alot more offensive stuff than that and noone seemed to have a problem. Lighten up.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Colm
07/11/2002, 5:21 PM

I've previously posted alot more offensive stuff than that and noone seemed to have a problem.I think a lot of people did have a problem with it but just said nothing hoping that you may calm down a bit after a while. You shouldn't be so proud of posting offensive stuff, I mean almost every one of your posts has had a string of expletives in it which take away any credibility which your comments or opininions may have.
Now is it just me or do you agree that thats a bit much?

Ref
07/11/2002, 7:33 PM
how did i miss this big conversation earlier on??

anyway,

meant red card. :rolleyes:

You are the only person in here who believes that you're right and I'm wrong. Reality check: far more people in here are likely to disagree with you than will agree.

because i won't criticise a referee when he doesn't deserve it?

when i make valid points about refereeing that you simply refuse to believe?

what is your opinion on linesmen? they are the ones who really get on my nerves. They are the ones who don´t do their jobs. If they ASSISTED the refs, refs could concentrate on the play and the game would be the better for it.

well Eanna assistant referees can only do what the referee asks him to do.

if the referee tells his assistants before the game i'll take all fouls and under no circumstances do you give a foul then the assistant cannot flag for fouls.

this is because some referees feel that if the assistant gives it then it doesn't make him look good because he missed it.

also a lot of assistant referees are young and being groomed for being a national league referee. they might be with an experienced referee who naturally would try and take as much of the duties to lessen the burden of the new up and coming asst referee/ referee.

you sound like the type of person that gets sent off frequently and for foul and abusive language directed at the referee. :p

cheers James.

maybe you culd try the same and stop going on

and Eanna!!

I think a lot of people did have a problem with it but just said nothing hoping that you may calm down a bit after a while. You shouldn't be so proud of posting offensive stuff, I mean almost every one of your posts has had a string of expletives in it which take away any credibility which your comments or opininions may have.

go on colm, take his number and stick the red card up in the air.

:D

Macy
08/11/2002, 9:08 AM
Originally posted by Ref
also a lot of assistant referees are young and being groomed for being a national league referee.

Oh God help us.... :eek:

Ref
08/11/2002, 9:13 AM
:D

Shed End John
14/11/2002, 4:46 PM
Originally posted by Ref

you sound like the type of person that gets sent off frequently and for foul and abusive language directed at the referee. :p

Actually, I don't play soccer, my abuse is directed at refs from the stands.

I'd just like to know what bright spark moved this entire thread to a new section. It's a bloody humourous touch.:D
With hindsight, my apologies to Ref for the insults.

Murphy Out Now!!!

PS: it's GREAT to be back after being 'sidelined' for a week. I wasn't red-carded just injured.:D

Ref
15/11/2002, 8:27 AM
Actually, I don't play soccer, my abuse is directed at refs from the stands.

oh even better. i'd give you a bit of credit if you actually played the game but now.........

;)

I'd just like to know what bright spark moved this entire thread to a new section. It's a bloody humourous touch.

here here

With hindsight, my apologies to Ref for the insults.

thats ok shed end john. i'm kinda used to it as you can imagine. not that i like having abuse thrown at me every week don't get me wrong but hey it's water off a ducks back as they say. :)

James
15/11/2002, 5:10 PM
as one of the site 'managers' i moved it out of the cork city section and into off-topics, because it was no city related and very boring for the rest of us to read.

please if ye want to that kinda thing again either pm or email each other, but keep it off the city board

thanks
james