PDA

View Full Version : Brady is dead right

Shano
07/11/2002, 12:56 PM
He's so right.

(Article in www.rte.ie)

Irish footballing legend Liam Brady has told the FAI not to bother trying to make peace with Roy Keane as they search for a new manager. Mick McCarthy's departure has raised hopes among some Irish fans that the Manchester United captain is set to return from his self-imposed international exile and pull on the green shirt for whoever takes the hot-seat.

Brady, however, believes the new manager should not go out of his way to bring Keane back into the Irish fold. He said: "The media has given Roy Keane totally unacceptable power. What's it going to take the next time? Is it going to be the fact that the pasta is not right? I think it's turned into a bad joke."

He continued: "There's a lot of very, very fine players who have played for Ireland and had to put up with some of the things that Roy Keane has had to put up with. And we did because we wanted to play for our country."

Casegrande
07/11/2002, 1:00 PM
Spot on from the best Irish midfielder of all time.

fosterdollar
07/11/2002, 1:06 PM
what about the idea of a group of FATheads in Merrion Sq. taking advantage of what they know are world-class quality players and treating them like sunday pub league players? Brady is making little of a problem that he obviously had problems making a stand against. Defeatism has no place in a winning international side... FACT.

The Chief
07/11/2002, 2:13 PM
"Mr. Magoo You've done it again"

Well said my man - Brady although a fabulous footballer - the most successful foreign player to play in Italy ever - has been annoying me for years with his drivel I sometimes wonder about his motives. I still repsect him but I am losing it very quickly.

He should know better, but you have to wonder why he dosen't??

Shano
07/11/2002, 2:18 PM
Sorry Chief. Who are you to question Liam Brady. He saw what went on inside the Ireland camp and when he had the bust-up with Charlton he didn't walk out like traitor Keane who sits in Manchester with no intention of returning to play for Ireland. get a life.

Real ale Madrid
07/11/2002, 2:30 PM
The "pasta" comment by Brady seemed a little stupid. Brady for one should know what playing for Ireland was like how great yet how frustrating it must have been. The report that will be around soon is going to show up the FAI ejits for what they are. And this report is going to change the way Irish Football is run. The mistakes of the past will be spotlighted and something good will come from this debacle. If Roy Keane had held his tounge then nothing would have changed so I'm glad he spoke up against the bloody disgraceful situation. The way things were can't go on forever. I can't wait until he is back in the team either.

The Chief
07/11/2002, 2:31 PM
Who are you to question Roy Keane and call him a traitor?

Don't go down those avenues they are infantile!!!

Name calling never won an arguement. Maybe Brady didn't have the guts to stand up for what he firmly believed in.

If I am not mistaken our players are flying first class and we are now taking the quickest route to our away matches, our accommodation is first rate, our facilities are first rate, our preparation is becoming first rate.

I suppose we have the wonderful LIAM BRADY to thank for these changes to our international set-up.

You got your sacrificial lamb for the better good!!

fosterdollar
07/11/2002, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by Shano
He saw what went on inside the Ireland camp

...and failed to exert his right to complain evidently

Shano
07/11/2002, 2:52 PM
Sorry forgot that Keane is always right - get a life

fosterdollar
07/11/2002, 2:57 PM
Sorry forgot that Keane is always right - get a life

will u shut the hell up about Keane. Jees you've got serious issues boy. All i'm saying is it doesnt seem like Skip complained about the substandard conditions supported by the FAI. 'Cos if he did and nothing was done about it he surely would have gone public. That didnt happen. I suggest this means he failed his responsibility in a certain way.

Daxion
07/11/2002, 3:10 PM
he didn't walk out like traitor Keane who sits in Manchester with no intention of returning to play for Ireland. get a life.
I am in agreement with Shano, Roy Keane is a traitor, nothing short of it. He refused to play for his country when we needed him most.
Flag seen at the Russia game.

http://www.thepeoplesflag.com/web/pics.asp?action=showpic&super_group_id=2&image_id=366

pete
07/11/2002, 3:10 PM
Not withstanding the level of junkets for blazers within the FAI how are they meant to pay for the 1st class plane tickets, world class training facilities etc...?

The players already take over 50% from tournament revenues.
The FAI have a rake of international under-age teams to fund (way more than any other irish sports body)
RTE will only pay 100k or so per senior international match (SKY will pay 450k+)

:confused:

Shano
07/11/2002, 3:12 PM
Brillant Daxion. the pic is excellent. Good to see someone can see him for what he really is.

crc
07/11/2002, 3:28 PM
the ball is in roy's court.
with Mick gone, its up to him whether he wants to play for his country again or continue his self-imposed exile.:(

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 3:32 PM
Originally posted by DAXION

Flag seen at the Russia game.

http://www.thepeoplesflag.com/web/pics.asp?action=showpic&super_group_id=2&image_id=366

Just proves that contrary to popular belief the so-called Irish 'fans' are far from the best in the world.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
07/11/2002, 4:35 PM
Nice banner. Good to see not all Ireland fans are blinded by "De Boy"

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 4:41 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Good to see not all Ireland fans are blinded by "De Boy"

I'm not blind to what went on in the last 6 months or so, but, I think itis preferable to have Roy back in the team sooner rather than later, while Portugal 2004 is still more than a mathematical possibility.

Murphy Out Now!!!

brine2
07/11/2002, 5:32 PM
Brady, however, believes the new manager should not go out of his way to bring Keane back into the Irish fold. He said: "The media has given Roy Keane totally unacceptable power. What's it going to take the next time? Is it going to be the fact that the pasta is not right? I think it's turned into a bad joke."

Liam Brady thinking about food. Some things will never change.

:D

patsh
07/11/2002, 6:00 PM
Originally posted by brine2
Liam Brady thinking about food. Some things will never change.:D
At least he is eating healthier now, having moved from the chips on to pasta.:D :D
I actually think Brady was/is a better player than Keane, but I suspect there is a little jealousy in Brady's comments. There was never the same coverage or praise heaped on Brady as there is on Keane.
The one thing that RK never did is try his hand in a European league, and Brady was a superstar in Italy, the only real success from these islands, I'd say. I think Brady feels he does not get enough recognition for this...

patsh
07/11/2002, 6:03 PM
Brillant Daxion. the pic is excellent. Good to see someone can see him for what he really is.
That someone would be the "Irish" soccer fan wearing the jersey of a club from another country would it?.....:rolleyes:

brine2
07/11/2002, 6:15 PM
I wonder what those supporters thought about Mick when the match got underway and they noticed we had Gary Breen in defence lobbing long balls up to target man Duff.

The Chief
08/11/2002, 8:30 AM
Every time I speak out in support of Roy Keane I am accused of being a Man Utd. Supporter, which I definitely aint. Why would I have to be a Man Utd. supporter to support Keane, I think it says an awful lot about the people spitting hatred at Keane and calling him a traitor when they assume I am a Man Utd. supporter!

Keep on bitching about Keane being a Traitor if it makes you feel better, but we will all be the better for Saipan in the long run!

Daxion
08/11/2002, 9:13 AM
Originally posted by oddboy

That someone would be the "Irish" soccer fan wearing the jersey of a club from another country would it?.....:rolleyes:

That statement is incorrect,
I don't wear jersies of clubs from "other countries" at Ireland games.

The Legend
08/11/2002, 10:20 PM
I think he was talking about the dude in the photo

The Legend
08/11/2002, 10:20 PM
I think he was talking about the dude in the photo

patsh
09/11/2002, 6:34 PM
Originally posted by DAXION

That statement is incorrect,
I don't wear jersies of clubs from "other countries" at Ireland games.
1. It was not a statement, it was a question.
2. Is it your banner ?

donoghm
10/11/2002, 12:08 PM

Your saying that whoever owns that flag supports a foreign soccer club.
How can you tell?

brine2
10/11/2002, 1:23 PM
I don't get it either... I looked at the picture and everyone seems to be wearing an Ireland shirt?!

patsh
10/11/2002, 7:20 PM
Originally posted by brine2
I don't get it either... I looked at the picture and everyone seems to be wearing an Ireland shirt?!
oh for f*cks sake......
Go to the link, then click on to the homepage.
look at the picture of "Eamon & Niall on the front of the Irish Times 7th September 2002"

donoghm
10/11/2002, 10:50 PM
whats your point.
Your only a 'Real' Irish supporter if you spend every Saturday or Sunday watching Rovers/Pats/Bhos and think ManU/Lpool/Celtic are the Sasanachs sport. get a life.its only a game

Shano
11/11/2002, 9:08 AM
Dogham - are you having a laugh. you are only a real irish soccer supporter if you go to eircom lge games. The republic of ireland international team is number one for me, i travel all around the world with them so how dare you tell people who are real irish fans. I'm from a county which has no eircom lge team so how can i have an affinity to team from another county I have no interest in. I have no interest in english soccer so don't even try that argument. Follow your team but don't tell others which team to support.

Daxion
11/11/2002, 9:20 AM

1. It was not a statement, it was a question.
2. Is it your banner ?

YES

Daxion
11/11/2002, 9:32 AM
The republic of ireland international team is number one for me, i travel all around the world with them so how dare you tell people who are real irish fans.

Hi Shano, I must meet up for a beer in Tbilisi next March, I believe the RISSC will be staying in the Sheraton. (subject to change).

Shano
11/11/2002, 9:34 AM
Would be delighted - sounds like you are a man who knows his stuff when it comes to the international side.

donoghm
11/11/2002, 10:07 AM
Shano I am in total agreement with you. I was annoyed when posting my last comment and in a poorly tthought-out attempt at sarcasm I didn't phrase my comment as well as I could
My point was that oddboy seems to think that daxian arguments are worthless because there is a picture of someone in a celtic top on a website
1.How does oddboy know that the guy in the celtic shirt owns the flag
2.If he does own the flag, what does his clothing have to do with anything