PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon linked with Sheffield Wednesday job.

joeSoap
05/12/2006, 9:24 PM
From BBC 5 Live News tonight:

They were talking about the managerial roundabout and it was suggested that Pat Fenlon has been considered for both the Sheff Weds and Barnsley jobs.

Good for the EL to have managers like him an Kenny getting recognition for their success.

I'd love to see him to to England.....for more reasons than one..;)

BohsFans
05/12/2006, 9:27 PM
From BBC 5 Live News tonight:

They were talking about the managerial roundabout and it was suggested that Pat Fenlon has been considered for both the Sheff Weds and Barnsley jobs.

Good for the EL to have managers like him an Kenny getting recognition for their success.

I'd love to see him to to England.....for more reasons than one..;)

Did Sheff Wed not just appoint a manager about a month ago?

CollegeTillIDie
05/12/2006, 9:40 PM
Well Sheffield Wednesday did maybe it's curtain's for that guy.

Sheffield Wednesday would be a backward step. They will never be in Europe again!
Barnsley are Mick " Bacon Slicer" McCarthy's favourite team :D

jebus
06/12/2006, 10:04 AM
On the contrary Wednesday, under our new manager Brian Laws are shooting up the Championship table and could possibly put together a playoff run to get our club back where we belong

Jaime
06/12/2006, 11:10 AM
GO ON BACK TO ENGLAND PAT FENLON YOU DESPICABLE MAN! :mad:

passerrby
06/12/2006, 11:16 AM
ya just heard on the radio pat is indeed leaving the country he,s going to derry

OneRedArmy
06/12/2006, 11:29 AM
ya just heard on the radio pat is indeed leaving the country he,s going to derry:D
Kenny lived in Donegal when he was at Derry, so he may be able to stay in the country.

joeSoap
06/12/2006, 11:33 AM
Handy...get paid in Sterling, live in Yo=Yo land...Nice !!

joeSoap
06/12/2006, 11:35 AM
Still, good kudos to the Eircom League brand when its managers, as well as players get considered for jobs with clubs like Sheffield Wednesday. I wonder dod he have talks with them about it weeks ago, or was it all just speculation??

Sonic
06/12/2006, 11:37 AM
So now with fenlon gone who is to take over at shels? With the players on the way out and the manager gone who will want the job in fainess. alan matthews and paul doolin are odds on three to one with paddy powers to take the post!!

joeSoap
06/12/2006, 11:42 AM
Rico will go back to Shels

GavinZac
06/12/2006, 11:45 AM
Rico will go back to Shels
he's signed for 2 years at city.

OneRedArmy
06/12/2006, 12:27 PM
So now with fenlon gone who is to take over at shels?WHoever it is they will have to be independently wealthy and not let the small matter of not getting paid for a few months at a time worry them.

Sven Goran Erricsson perhaps?

Ash
06/12/2006, 12:31 PM
He's signed an extension with Dundalk
but John Gill is 14/1 with PP I think.

Vitruvian Man
06/12/2006, 12:31 PM
Roddy dropped his lawsuit in return for a 6 month trial in the Shels job.

Relegation here you come.

Ash
06/12/2006, 12:42 PM
www.breakingnews.ie have a report that Fenlon is meeting
Derry officials today to talk about taking the managers job there

jebus
06/12/2006, 12:43 PM
Still, good kudos to the Eircom League brand when its managers, as well as players get considered for jobs with clubs like Sheffield Wednesday. I wonder dod he have talks with them about it weeks ago, or was it all just speculation??

Well I'm in touch with a few fellow Wednesday fans in Sheffield, and also get the Wednesday newsletter and I never once heard his name being mentioned, so I doubt it was true to be honest. Plus even our inept board would never consider putting an unknown like Fenlon into the Wednesday hotseat just as the fans are starting to gain hope that we might become a force in the Championship, sure even Brian Laws was greeted with scepticism, and he has a much more recognised track record in England than Fenlon does