PDA

View Full Version : U.C.D. Vs. Drogheda

UCD_4_Life
06/11/2002, 10:14 PM
A huge game for us I think, especially after Drogheda were spanked by Shamrock Rovers last night 5-0.

A win here and a Bray loss against Derry would give us a real chance of at least a play-off spot.

Of course the game will be held at "the home of football" Belfield Park. This should be on Tele, I mean Bohs against Shels is a terrible game compared to this.

The students are gonna take them to school. Or something.

Schumi
07/11/2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
The students are gonna take them to school. Or something. Who are you, The Irish Times?;)

Yeah it's a huge game. Presuming Bray don't get something out of Derry tonight, a win would leave us only a point behind them with a game in hand (even if that's in Derry:( ). Seeing as the Drogs have only got 1 point from their away games, we realistically have to win.

I still think Bray are the worst team in the division and if we start to get something out of close games, we could stay up but we need more goals.

MariborKev
07/11/2002, 10:35 PM
Well lads

We did the business for youse against Bray tonight(they were shocking at the back) but unfortunately I don't fancy your chances on Tuesday night

See youse all then

UCD_4_Life
07/11/2002, 10:41 PM
I think that if we beat Drogheda then confidence will be high and we can pick up at least a point.

As far as I'm concerned a win on Friday and a point against Derry would leave us favourites not to go down automatically as confidence must be horrible over at Bray right now.

Oh and I won't be going to the Derry game, the ticket prices for students up there are atrocious. :eek:

Schumi
08/11/2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Maribor
We did the business for youse against Bray tonight
Thanks, very altruistic of you!

I don't think we'll get much up there either but we got 3 draws over 90 mins last year so you never know.

the ticket prices for students up there are atrocious.
I don't remember them being that bad, although I was probably a bit "tired and emotional" at the time.

UCD_4_Life
08/11/2002, 11:02 PM
3-0, 3-0, 3-0 THREEEEEE-NIIIIIILLLL, 3-0!!!

I am absolutely delighted. We were all over Drogheda from start to finish. And to top it off Myler was horrible, the lazy git.

Derry don't have a snowballs chance in hell on Tuesday.

Schumi
11/11/2002, 11:16 AM
Excellent stuff, it's about time we put in a decent performance against one of the sides at the bottom. We 've played like that against Bohs and $hels and Cork and got nothing so I'm delighted that we finally put away one of the teams that we should be able to beat.

After seeing Friday's game, I'll have to take back what I said about Bray being the worst team in the division. Drogheda were appalling, much worse than when we played them away. With the quality of them and Bray, it's still very conceivable that we can stay up (maybe even without a play off).

Bring on the Derry!!:)

UCD_4_Life
11/11/2002, 8:00 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Excellent stuff, it's about time we put in a decent performance against one of the sides at the bottom. We 've played like that against Bohs and $hels and Cork and got nothing so I'm delighted that we finally put away one of the teams that we should be able to beat.

After seeing Friday's game, I'll have to take back what I said about Bray being the worst team in the division. Drogheda were appalling, much worse than when we played them away. With the quality of them and Bray, it's still very conceivable that we can stay up (maybe even without a play off).

Bring on the Derry!!:)

I've watched Drogheda 6 or 7 times this year, mostly at home (unfortunately) and they're usually quite good at home. If they stopped playing Myler then they might win from time to time.

But Bray have been bloody awful on all 3 occasions that I've watched them. The only bright spot in a terrible team is Wesley Charles and he won't want to play for Bray when they're going to places like Monaghan and Dundalk.

Schumi
12/11/2002, 11:41 AM

I've watched Drogheda 6 or 7 times this year, mostly at home (unfortunately) and they're usually quite good at home. If they stopped playing Myler then they might win from time to time.

But Bray have been bloody awful on all 3 occasions that I've watched them. The only bright spot in a terrible team is Wesley Charles and he won't want to play for Bray when they're going to places like Monaghan and Dundalk. They seem to have a good home record all right and they did play much better up there (even if we were unlucky not to get at least a point). Either way, it's possible that we can finish ahead of both of them.