PDA

View Full Version : Roddy Collins spotted in Ballybofey

Neish
05/12/2006, 6:02 PM
Acording to the grapevine Roddy Collins was spotted in town today. he is also meant to have rented a house in the town and ordered meat for Chrstmass in a local butchers. This is a leading to rummors he is to be appointed the new Harps Boss:eek: :eek: :eek:

pól-dcfc
05/12/2006, 6:06 PM
ordered meat for Chrstmass in a local butchers

Only in Ireland does that indicate that you're about to take the Harps job :D

Jerry The Saint
05/12/2006, 6:12 PM
RODWATCH vs. TOMWATCH: THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

Two colourful and controversial eccentrics bring their unique sense of style to football grounds throughout the nation.

CollegeTillIDie
05/12/2006, 8:24 PM
He's having a nice white christmas in the only part of Ireland you can guarantee snow, the Greater Glenshane Pass region :D

MrJoeSoap
05/12/2006, 10:14 PM

Two colourful and controversial eccentrics bring their unique sense of style to football grounds throughout the nation.

Tomwatch, there ain't no competition there.

Celdrog
05/12/2006, 11:14 PM
he is also meant to have rented a house in the town and ordered meat for Chrstmass in a local butchers.
Is he going for the traditional turkey and ham (appropriate if he does, I suppose) or is he going for a goose, beef, chicken. Any further info?

sligoman
05/12/2006, 11:17 PM
Is he going for the traditional turkey and ham (appropriate if he does, I suppose) or is he going for a goose, beef, chicken. Any further info?He's looking to mix with the local culture so he's going for a nice bit of lamb...sorry Harps fans, couldn't resist:D.

Réiteoir
05/12/2006, 11:42 PM
He's looking to mix with the local culture so he's going for a nice bit of lamb...sorry Harps fans, couldn't resist:D.

Would that be on the bone?

dcfcsteve
06/12/2006, 12:33 AM
Acording to the grapevine Roddy Collins was spotted in town today.

He is also believed to have been in Jackson's buying himself a nice new pair of slacks - you know, the type you'd wear to your sister's wedding or for market day.

This is now leading to rumours he is to be appointed the new Harps Boss

Macy
06/12/2006, 7:21 AM
is he going for a goose, beef, chicken. Any further info?
cooked goose.

fbtn
06/12/2006, 8:39 AM
Acording to the grapevine Roddy Collins was spotted in town today.

He is also believed to have been in Jackson's buying himself a nice new pair of slacks - you know, the type you'd wear to your sister's wedding or for market day.

This is now leading to rumours he is to be appointed the new Harps Boss

You can't buy trousers in Jacksons.

But I'm sure you knew that......

as you think you know everything else :D

PS. It was ham-rolled.

carrickharp
06/12/2006, 9:29 AM
Collins was seen with a Turkey under his arm, when asked "where did you get the turkey?" the turkey replied that Collins was passing through on his way from a job interview in Derry and droped into the local butchers!!

Sorry:o

passerrby
06/12/2006, 10:35 AM
which ones the turkey again

harpskid
06/12/2006, 11:06 AM

I'm sure if ye were badly stuck Barry would sort ye out right enough...! :)

bluemovie
06/12/2006, 11:06 AM

Tom occasionally knows what he's talking about.

Mr_T
06/12/2006, 11:54 AM

LOL, POTM nominee :D

dcfcsteve
06/12/2006, 12:50 PM

But I'm sure you knew that......

as you think you know everything else :D

PS. It was ham-rolled.

So Ballybofey's finest retail outlet doesn't even sell trousers then !? :o Most people would've seen sense and kept that uiet....

No wonder yee's all run around in potato sacks.... :D

OneRedArmy
06/12/2006, 12:58 PM
Steve, its McElhinney's your thinking about. Just the spot for a fine collection of pointy shoes, trousers that are too short, tweed jacket, checked shirts and other culchie attire.

Jacksons is a hotel.

Please God Roddy wasn't anywhere near Derry....

harpskid
06/12/2006, 1:06 PM
So Ballybofey's finest retail outlet doesn't even sell trousers then !? :o Most people would've seen sense and kept that uiet....

No wonder yee's all run around in potato sacks

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Someone should tell Barry Jackson that he owns a retail outlet

fbtn
06/12/2006, 1:15 PM
Aaaaah haaaa haaaa!!

Go on Steve.....keep going ;)

dcfcsteve
06/12/2006, 1:37 PM
Steve, its McElhinney's your thinking about. Just the spot for a fine collection of pointy shoes, trousers that are too short, tweed jacket, checked shirts and other culchie attire.

Jacksons is a hotel.

Please God Roddy wasn't anywhere near Derry....

Ahhhh - mea culpa.

Apoplogies to the Jacksons and McElhinney families.

Your town is still a dirt-track dump where people wear potato sacks though..... :D ;)

dcfcsteve
06/12/2006, 2:35 PM
No offence meant Steve but i dont think to many people From Derry could afford to buy Potato sacks in the South, if you wanted to buy potato sacks down here you lads would have to get potato sacks of the contraband variety ! ;)

Aye - like potato sacks are up there with the price of Gucci handbags, Jimmy Choo shoes and Armani suits.

They give them away free with a pile of potatoes, fer feck sake.... ;)

Though wouldn't surprise me if you money-struck Free Staters happily paid hand over fist to get yer hands on them for nostalgia value...

:D

dcfcsteve
06/12/2006, 3:13 PM
Sure there is Steve, your buying up all around, tell me How was your 2 weeks holiday in Bundoran this year ? You lads always get a nice colour with the wind burn !!!!! :D

Two weeks in Bundoran ?? I've never spent more than 2 minutes in the place.

We've got an airport in Derry you know, so we don't have to spend time in the schticks any more.....

Roddy for Harps !! Actually, Harps are my second team so I wouldn't wish him on anyone.

dcfcsteve
07/12/2006, 9:19 AM
Flights from Derry to Bundoran, must be handy for ye !

No - the flights just go over Bundoran, so we can flush the toilets at that point.....

Magicme
07/12/2006, 9:21 AM
Oi leave the Costa del Bun alone! My mum's family went there on their holidays every year in the 40's & 50's. My cousins and siblings & I went for many the short break to their caravan there when we were young and now my kids summer wouldnt be complete without a day or 2 in Fundoran! Its tacky, its expensive, its a dive but its tradition!

OneRedArmy
07/12/2006, 9:27 AM
Oi leave the Costa del Bun alone! My mum's family went there on their holidays every year in the 40's & 50's. My cousins and siblings & I went for many the short break to their caravan there when we were young and now my kids summer wouldnt be complete without a day or 2 in Fundoran! Its tacky, its expensive, its a dive but its tradition!Bundoran is bypassed now.

There is a God.

dcfcsteve
07/12/2006, 9:37 AM
Bundoran is bypassed now.

There is a God.

Bundoran's been by-passed for decades.

Thankfully the roads network has finally caught-up with the rest of society....

OneRedArmy
07/12/2006, 10:03 AM
Bundoran's been by-passed for decades.

Thankfully the roads network has finally caught-up with the rest of society....except for shellsuit wearing jingle jangle merchants from West Belshaft who still frequent the place in their droves.

Andy-town on Sea.

Buncrana's yer only man for a wee break by the sea!

harpskid
07/12/2006, 11:38 AM
Buncrana's yer only man for a wee break by the sea!

:eek:

The Ball Boy
07/12/2006, 11:57 AM
Aye - like potato sacks are up there with the price of Gucci handbags, Jimmy Choo shoes and Armani suits.

"Tiocfaidh Armani" for you lot in there...I take it!!!

Mr A
07/12/2006, 6:47 PM
:eek:

What's your point Skid?

onceahoop
07/12/2006, 8:05 PM
cooked goose.

We're all agreed he cooked his goose a long time ago.:D

harpskid
08/12/2006, 10:47 AM
What's your point Skid?

Like I said....:eek: