PDA

View Full Version : Oh Seanie how do you do it

Guts&Glory
05/12/2006, 1:07 PM
The man seems to be able to annoy everyone !!!!

4 December 2006
FOOTBALL: REDS WARN BOHS: HANDS OFF CONOR

By Darren Fullerton
CLIFTONVILLE manager Eddie Patterson has told Bohs boss Sean Connor to keep his thoughts to himself on Reds midfielder Conor Downey.

Patterson was incensed to read comments attributed to the eircom League boss in Friday's Daily Mirror when Connor aired his interest in signing Downey during the January transfer window.

Connor was quoted describing the Cliftonville play maker as a "quality player... and someone I'm interested in".

"I've been very impressed by what I have seen of Conor Downey," he added.

It is understood Patterson made his displeasure clear to Connor when he saw the Bohs boss at Saturday's CIS Cup final with Glentoran.

He said: "I am very disappointed Sean Connor put those comments in a paper the day before a cup final, particularly when he hasn't contacted myself or any other representative of this club to put forward his interest in the player."

Patterson and Cliftonville are reporting the matter to the Irish Football Association.

"I will be making sure my club contacts the IFA to ask them to contact the FAI to see why this guy is allowed to make comments like this to the media," said Patterson.

"It was disappointing, but Conor Downey is a quality player and he is above the speculation - thankfully it didn't affect him on Saturday."

I hope Connor enjoyed the "warm" reception he recieved at Windsor on Saturday!

Rory H
05/12/2006, 3:18 PM
nothing to do with us now...

SligoBrewer
05/12/2006, 10:10 PM
he is...much and all as we may despise it...
we hate him nd he still has a big say in the future depending on who he brings with him to bohs

feo123
06/12/2006, 9:03 PM
he's only bringing two anyway so f**k it

Guts&Glory
07/12/2006, 5:49 PM
he's only bringing two anyway so f**k it

True feo, there were alot more players that Sean has nothing to do with who just walked away from the club over the last few weeks for one reason or another.

Same old story with Rovers unfortunately...new season new team.

Only1Rovers
11/12/2006, 11:39 AM
what sort of reception did Connor get in Windsor Park????? Negative I presume but any details anyone?

Guts&Glory
11/12/2006, 1:03 PM
what sort of reception did Connor get in Windsor Park????? Negative I presume but any details anyone?

I lifted the article from a Northern news website so presume he got a bit of stick from the Cliftonville fans.