PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Signings

BrayUnknowns
05/12/2006, 10:31 AM
Stephen Gough and Gary Cronin have signed for us according to 11-a-side, but we lost out on Danny O'Connor :(

Full story..... (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=25674)

EDIT: It's actually 5 new signings !

Alan Cawley joins from Waterford United, former Leeds United trainee Derek Tyrell signs on from Drogheda United and Gary McCabe has been snapped up from Leinster Senior League side Crumlin United.

Full Story..... (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=25673)

thedoyler
05/12/2006, 2:09 PM
A sure sign of ambition, I know Cawley and Gough are good solid premier players but im not too sure what Cronin, Tyrell and McCabe are like anyone know?

BrayUnknowns
05/12/2006, 2:27 PM
I would put Cronin in the same bracket as Gough and Cawley. Tyrell adn McCabe are pretty much untested at this level but seem have potential from what i'm hearing.

More signings to come over the next couple of months i reckon.

BrayUnknowns
05/12/2006, 3:14 PM
The Mirror also says that David Tyrrell has agreed to join us in principal but has had other offers.

BobtheDrog
06/12/2006, 4:52 AM
Tyrell is a great signing a lot of us were suprised he was released but he may have felt his first team chances were limited with grey, gavin and gartland ahead of him. he was in the irish under 21's at the beginning of the season. I reckon he'll be a great signing for you. Cronin will work himself to death fopr whoever he plays for took a lot of flak from drogheda fans for years before winning them over with his work rate and a few vital goals, to use the old adage he plays with his heart on his sleeve.

BrayUnknowns
06/12/2006, 9:18 AM
Good stuff, thanks for the info on the players, sounds promising already !

Bray Head
06/12/2006, 4:29 PM
It's in the Bray People today about the new signings but there's nothing on the club's web site about any new signings which is very poor. You would expect the club to officially announce any new signings or releases through the web site first.

Hulsey
08/12/2006, 12:31 PM
According to the el transfers thread we've signed David Tyrell. Anyone know if theres any truth to this? It's on some website but they didn't mention signing Derek Tyrell so could just be very lazy journalism.
:o Just checked the website and it is true:o . Well who'd have expected that the website would have been updated:eek:

BrayUnknowns
08/12/2006, 3:04 PM
David an Derek Tyrrell have been confirmed signings.

De Town
08/12/2006, 5:31 PM
I pity ye signing Cronin and Gough. Both of them are pathetic.

BrayUnknowns
09/12/2006, 1:55 PM
I pity ye signing Cronin and Gough. Both of them are pathetic.

In fairness Longfords football was nearly even more long ball than ours, doesn't suit players who like to keep it on the deck...... plus lets see who you replace them with, you might wish you had kept them come the start of next season.

sligoman
09/12/2006, 2:56 PM
I pity ye signing Cronin and Gough. Both of them are pathetic.It's Alan Cawley I pity them signing. Long string of **** this season. Maybe he'll improve with ye.

BrayUnknowns
09/12/2006, 6:21 PM
It's Alan Cawley I pity them signing. Long string of **** this season. Maybe he'll improve with ye.

Cawley is actually a very good footballer, great passer of the ball but he is a real confidence player - Needs to be loved by his manager and the fans, once he gets that he'll be fine. He was one of the best midfielders in the league a few seasons ago when he was with UCD, ran the show from midfield.

De Town
09/12/2006, 10:04 PM
In fairness Longfords football was nearly even more long ball than ours, doesn't suit players who like to keep it on the deck...... plus lets see who you replace them with, you might wish you had kept them come the start of next season.
No, I will never wish we kept them...It's like playing with 9 men.

It's Alan Cawley I pity them signing. Long string of **** this season. Maybe he'll improve with ye.
Cawley is a good player when he gets his head right.

Seagull
10/12/2006, 12:08 AM
It's like playing with 9 men.

I'd say that's something Longford fans can get used to next season...:D

DmanDmythDledge
10/12/2006, 3:49 PM
In fairness Longfords football was nearly even more long ball than ours, doesn't suit players who like to keep it on the deck......
From what I saw of Longford last season they played attractive football and always kept the ball on the ground.

BrayUnknowns
11/12/2006, 8:47 AM
From what I saw of Longford last season they played attractive football and always kept the ball on the ground.

Right they might not be as bad as us, but Longford do not keep the ball on the ground

dublinwanderer
19/12/2006, 3:31 PM
2 more signings confirmed both from bohs: Mark Duggan and Paul Dunphy. from www.braywanderers.ie

more to come in next few days

thedoyler
19/12/2006, 4:51 PM
Either of them any good?

BrayUnknowns
19/12/2006, 7:09 PM
Bohs fans don't seem to think so as per there message board, but from what i've heard Dunphy is a very good prospect.

dublin15bohs
07/01/2007, 8:17 PM
Duggan and Dunphy both good young players just we were in a mess when we started playing them.

BrayUnknowns
08/01/2007, 8:27 AM
Saw Duggan a few times and he looks like a real good prospect, don't recall seeing Dunphy. Still raging that we let Rogers go and sign for you. Super keeper