PDA

View Full Version : Question

Ali-G
06/11/2002, 2:21 PM
There's alot of Gunther bashing out there at the moment, fair enough I say. But here a good question to test your loyalty to the City cause....

Would you prefer if City didnt win the league this year, just to get rid of Gunther? Because if we win it, there's no way the board will sack him, and he will hardly walk away from the job if we do win it.

Éanna
06/11/2002, 2:24 PM
obviously the team comes first. better to win the league. maybe then he could walk away at the top :)

Troy.McClure
06/11/2002, 2:29 PM
I think that win loose or draw, he will walk at the end of his contract. (Although if his contract runs out during next season, I wouldnt be surprized if he was offered, and took, an extension to the end of that season).

When does his contract run out?:confused:

In answer to your question? The League, even if Mountfield or C. Murphy was in charge!

Real ale Madrid
06/11/2002, 2:41 PM
The league.

We WONT win the league whlie Gunther is in charge.
But i hope im wrong.:(

Colm
06/11/2002, 3:12 PM
Obviously winning the league comes first.

Like Troy I reckon he will go at the end of the season regardless.

pete
06/11/2002, 3:47 PM
Winning the league comes first as could be waiting a lot time anyway no matter whose in charge.

I suppose everybody assumes Murphy will be gone by Nov 2003 at the latest depending on when his contract is up.

Éanna
06/11/2002, 5:19 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Like Troy I reckon he will go at the end of the season regardless.
Hopefully, then he can leave after turning the club around and we can concentrate on the next step up- CHAMPIONS :)
That way everyone wins

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Ali-G
Would you prefer if City didnt win the league this year, just to get rid of Gunther?

Absolutely not. I have been a VERY vocal anti-Guntherite for ages now, but, the title would be no less welcome at the X just 'cause the cardboard cut-out is in charge. Fact is a title's long overdue.

Murphy Out Now!!!