PDA

View Full Version : Reds Warn Bohs: Hands Off Conor

Mr_Parker
05/12/2006, 8:33 AM
4 December 2006
FOOTBALL: REDS WARN BOHS: HANDS OFF CONOR

By Darren Fullerton
CLIFTONVILLE manager Eddie Patterson has told Bohs boss Sean Connor to keep his thoughts to himself on Reds midfielder Conor Downey.

Patterson was incensed to read comments attributed to the eircom League boss in Friday's Daily Mirror when Connor aired his interest in signing Downey during the January transfer window.

Connor was quoted describing the Cliftonville play maker as a "quality player... and someone I'm interested in".

"I've been very impressed by what I have seen of Conor Downey," he added.

It is understood Patterson made his displeasure clear to Connor when he saw the Bohs boss at Saturday's CIS Cup final with Glentoran.

He said: "I am very disappointed Sean Connor put those comments in a paper the day before a cup final, particularly when he hasn't contacted myself or any other representative of this club to put forward his interest in the player."

Patterson and Cliftonville are reporting the matter to the Irish Football Association.

"I will be making sure my club contacts the IFA to ask them to contact the FAI to see why this guy is allowed to make comments like this to the media," said Patterson.

"It was disappointing, but Conor Downey is a quality player and he is above the speculation - thankfully it didn't affect him on Saturday."

I hope Connor enjoyed the "warm" reception he recieved at Windsor on Saturday! :rolleyes:

gustavo
05/12/2006, 8:37 AM
Sean isnt exactly Mr Popular with anyone at the moment!

BrayUnknowns
05/12/2006, 10:39 AM
On Bohs transfer news, Des Byrne is over with Millwall at present on trial

dcfcsteve
05/12/2006, 10:49 AM
This appears to be a classic case of sh!tting yourself publically.

So Patterson is going to complain to the IFA to get them to complain to the FAI to complain about another Manager who describe done of his players as quality ?!? It must be the shock of having a player on hisbooks who could be so described.....

hoops1
05/12/2006, 11:19 AM
God the next thing you know Sean Connor will actually be signing players
to make Bohs better. He would want to be careful if he keeps that up he might actually be doing his job.:rolleyes:

Mr A
05/12/2006, 11:53 AM
From watching the CIS cup final on Saturday Downey looked like a very good footballer so I'm not surprised he's attracting attention.

It's even less of a surprise that Connor is attempting to conduct transfer negotiations through other than official channels.

NY Hoop
05/12/2006, 12:55 PM
He enjoyed the company of the Rovers fans in the social after;)

Couldnt abuse Connor as there was Willo masquerading as a footballer yet agin..........

KOH

David
05/12/2006, 1:22 PM
This appears to be a classic case of sh!tting yourself publically.

So Patterson is going to complain to the IFA to get them to complain to the FAI to complain about another Manager who describe done of his players as quality ?!? It must be the shock of having a player on hisbooks who could be so described.....

There are procedures that must be following when you are interested in signing a player and it does seem they have not been followed. Cliftonville would therefore have every right to complain.

Raheny Red
05/12/2006, 2:41 PM

He'll fit right in ;)

JC_GUFC
05/12/2006, 3:18 PM

This is surely the same mistake Dougal made regarding Father Jack.

I'd be pretty sure that Des Byrne is on trial in Millwall. ;)

BrayUnknowns
05/12/2006, 3:20 PM
This is surely the same mistake Dougal made regarding Father Jack.

I'd be pretty sure that Des Byrne is on trial in Millwall. ;)

????????????

garyderry
05/12/2006, 3:24 PM
There are procedures that must be following when you are interested in signing a player and it does seem they have not been followed. Cliftonville would therefore have every right to complain.

dont talk crap,

an opposing manager says, clintonville ahve a quality midfielder who he would love to have at his club????? so what is there to complain about, im sure the FAI officials will be in stitches when they recieve the complaint :D

and for your information he has said similar or identical comments abour Derry midfielder Ruari Higgins, Before the FAI cup final, didnt stop him having a great game
nor any stupid comments from Derry officials.

Mr_Parker
05/12/2006, 4:24 PM
dont talk crap,

an opposing manager says, clintonville ahve a quality midfielder who he would love to have at his club????? so what is there to complain about, im sure the FAI officials will be in stitches when they recieve the complaint :D

and for your information he has said similar or identical comments abour Derry midfielder Ruari Higgins, Before the FAI cup final, didnt stop him having a great game
nor any stupid comments from Derry officials.

It is not just what has been said in the media. ;)