PDA

View Full Version : Channel 4 on Sky Digital Ireland!

eirebhoy
04/12/2006, 12:42 PM
On Sky from this morning, Channel 142. Great. :) The only reason I need my dodgy terristrial pipe is for Setanta now, and Channel 6 which I never watch.

drinkfeckarse
04/12/2006, 3:22 PM
Any plans for RTE or any other Irish channels ever to be put on the English subscription?

Red4Eva
04/12/2006, 3:23 PM
is there many extra channels(apart from all the bbc's&utv) u can tune in?

Peadar
04/12/2006, 3:55 PM
The only reason I need my dodgy terristrial pipe is for Setanta now...

I'd say you're looking forward to seeing Cork City on the Setanta Sports Cup coverage, next season. :D :D

dahamsta
04/12/2006, 6:22 PM
Yahoo! What about UTV?

eirebhoy
04/12/2006, 6:35 PM
Yahoo! What about UTV?
Only available through other channels.

dahamsta
04/12/2006, 7:41 PM
Which is almost as bad as not having it at all.

C4 is a start though.

Dawn_Run
05/12/2006, 9:14 AM
C4 is a good aul channel and glad it finally gets on the sky system. Does anyone know anything about this new Setanta Golf channel? I take it it will be a subscription only channel? Just curious, i've seen an ad on setanta for it but heard nothing more about it.

GavinZac
05/12/2006, 4:53 PM
Any plans for RTE or any other Irish channels ever to be put on the English subscription?

maybe when ye start paying tv licenses ;)

Macy
06/12/2006, 7:37 AM
No. Just the same as no plans for a FTA station for Irish viewers either. Only way to get digital, widescreen RTE is to pay a subscription :rolleyes:

I don't subscribe to Sky (I have FTV), but ultimately good news as it must increase the chances of the Channel 4 stable going FTA when their contract is up in 2008, especially with Film Four FTA already. If all the UK stations go FTA it'd be great, as much better receivers out there than dodgyboxes, including PVR's that don't require a rip off additional subscription.

samabu92
06/12/2006, 8:19 AM
On Sky from this morning, Channel 142. Great. :) The only reason I need my dodgy terristrial pipe is for Setanta now, and Channel 6 which I never watch.

Put on Channel 142, Channel 4 alright but says it is unavailable.
Is there any way yet of getting Channel 5 on sky digital Ireland yet?
These extra channels are useful as the liverpool game was on ITV4 last night live.

Clifford
06/12/2006, 8:54 AM
^^ I had it last night samabu, but it was showing unavailable this morn before I left for work. Don't know what that means or if it only comes through after a cup of coffee and some toast....

samabu92
06/12/2006, 9:00 AM
^^ I had it last night samabu, but it was showing unavailable this morn before I left for work. Don't know what that means or if it only comes through after a cup of coffee and some toast....

Ye must be right :D , its on now

eirebhoy
06/12/2006, 9:14 AM
The blocking of some American shows is something to do with rights which is expected to be sorted out.

the ox
06/12/2006, 10:32 AM

I'm sure the Irish Post said RTE'd be coming to English TV (presumably Sky Digi tho) next week

rebs23
13/12/2006, 10:09 AM
No More need for Chorus! For anyone that has had to put up with their "service" over the last number of years this is good news.

Dodge
13/12/2006, 10:32 AM
C4 is a good aul channel and glad it finally gets on the sky system. Does anyone know anything about this new Setanta Golf channel? I take it it will be a subscription only channel? Just curious, i've seen an ad on setanta for it but heard nothing more about it.

Channel 4 has gone down hugely in recent times.

I presume the Setanta Golf channel will be part of the Setanta Sports pack (i.e. Setanta Ireland, Setanta UK 1, Setanta UK 2 etc). They've secured the British/Irish rights to PGA but AFAIK Sky still have the european tour.

Peadar
13/12/2006, 11:56 AM
The Setanta Golf Channel will come online in January.