PDA

View Full Version : The biggest problem with Irish soccer remains

patsh
05/11/2002, 6:18 PM
Row Z might be gone, but by far the biggest problem with Irish soccer remains.
That problem is the FAI.:mad:
I'm no fan of McCarthy, and feel he should have got the boot before the qualifying campaign for the last world cup, but he has been badly f*cked about by the FAI here. They were the ones who were so eager to extend/renew his contract, yet after two bad results have been shafting him behind his back, and seem to be happy to get rid of him.
So he's gone, but what will change???
Squad selection for the senior national side might be different, but the same incompetent, useless, ******-up ******* will still be in charge.
McCarthy going, or RK coming back will not change that.

How are we ever going to rid ourselves of these ********???..:(

The Legend
05/11/2002, 6:32 PM
Don't know how to get rid of them or who would replace them but I do think...

.... The compensation package agreed for McCarthy should come out of the FAI chief's salaries and not from money provided from the fans!

Éanna
06/11/2002, 10:43 AM
The FAI are reponsible for most of this crap.
WHO ignores our league constantly?
WHO appointed a novice as international manager?
WHO gave him a new contract when his results were bad?
WHO organised the set-up in the far east that caused the hassle?

FAI FAI FAI- burn down merrion square!!! :mad: ;)

fosterdollar
06/11/2002, 12:56 PM
actually, is there any facility at all for outing these fockers in Merrion Square anyway?

Seanie
06/11/2002, 1:22 PM
Well finally McCarthy has gone and McCarthy-outers (among whom I would classify myself) are happy. Or are they? As much as I wanted McCarthy out, it hasn't given me the slightest bit of satisfaction. The FAI have dug this massive hole for themselves - as I said from the very outset of Sapian. Yesterday actually only served to dig this hole even deeper. This is going to be a real test of the FAI - making sure that the best man is appointed for the job - not the cheapest, not the most convinient, not another "yes man". At least the arrangements for the last two qualifier were an improvement they have a long way to go.

Watching the news last night brought home the truth about Mick's reign. Okay the man had many misbeings - poor man manager, rarely picked the best team available to him, often found tactically wanting and the FAI's "yes man". But he did bring us to the brink of two championships and to Japan/Korea. And if only he didn't make a balls of the Keane saga or retired in the glory of the WC aftermath, McCarthy would have been remembered for so much more.

And this comes from a man who wanted him out.

Keano - Adored In Cork

Éanna
06/11/2002, 1:45 PM
Originally posted by Seanie
Keano - Adored In Cork
Speak for yourself :rolleyes:

Although I am glad to see one of the pro-keane brigade give mccarthy some credit.

Neil
06/11/2002, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by Seanie
Keano - Adored In Cork
Adored by some.
Hated by others (just like the rest of the country)

All Cork people aren't blinkered