PDA

View Full Version : Ramblers

Gary
05/11/2002, 3:27 PM
They are 2nd in the 1st Division, and if they beat Limerick tonight they go top. That will be the job, especially if they can maintain it and come up. Imagine the derbies. Pure mad Id say, and then we could actually say and mean it that we do in fact Hate The Ramblers!

Ramblers to come up as Champions and Waterford to beat gray in the playoff. That would be, as they say, THE JOB!

Éanna
05/11/2002, 3:30 PM
sounds good to me! I'd like to see lims go up though, they could really grow into a big club if they got promoted and made an effort.

Gary
05/11/2002, 3:32 PM
Nope. Limk will never get the crowds. They are too busy stabbing and playing Rugger, not to mention the very strong junior leagues there!

Pablo
05/11/2002, 3:35 PM
Waterford and Cobh swaped for UCD and Bray

it'd be more like a National league then and not just A Dublin League plus City and Derry

pete
05/11/2002, 4:50 PM
If Ramblers somehow got promoted they'd be certainties to make the drop next season - they are too small a club to stay up. Besides any team playing Dobbs & Kabia will be killed in the Premier.

I'd be very surprised if Promoted team(s) don't come from the 1st division "big 3" Harps, Dundalk or Waterford.

Troy.McClure
05/11/2002, 4:54 PM
Originally posted by pete
If Ramblers somehow got promoted they'd be certainties to make the drop next season
Wouldnt that make things all the sweeter? Then we could see the look of disapointment on their fans faces (you know, Joe et all ;) )

Shed End John
05/11/2002, 5:40 PM
Originally posted by Pablo

it'd be more like a National league then and not just A Dublin League plus City and Derry

Well said, plus City's costs would drop like a stone!

Murphy Out Now!!!

pete
05/11/2002, 6:19 PM
I don't think i've ever really felt too much rivalry between city & ramblers as suppose mainly look on them with pity ;)

the only bit of rivalry i suppose would be those hot-blooded ramblers v city league games at St Colmans but haven't been too many of them...

Counting Crow
05/11/2002, 10:24 PM
IT WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY MAGIC IF THEY GOT UP THIS SEASON.

Think about ..... a guaranteed 9 points in the bag before we even start.

The games in Colemans would be interesting.

JO'F would be up for those ones I'll bet. I t might even be enough o keep him here for another year.

mahony
06/11/2002, 12:12 AM
Went to see cobh tonight and got in for 3 euros.
Game was better than city's display against pats.
5 goals 3 sent off and 3 points for cobh.
They have some good and some bad players.
Good - Willie Bruton
Bad - kabia
Well done cobh.

Éanna
06/11/2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by pete
I'd be very surprised if Promoted team(s) don't come from the 1st division "big 3" Harps, Dundalk or Waterford.
Yeah. They´ll all be there or thereabouts. Harps and Waterford my coices out of them cos Dundlak is too close to Dublin.

wildrambler
16/11/2002, 4:04 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
IT WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY MAGIC IF THEY GOT UP THIS SEASON.

Think about ..... a guaranteed 9 points in the bag before we even start.

The games in Colemans would be interesting.

JO'F would be up for those ones I'll bet. I t might even be enough o keep him here for another year.

We'll see who'll be getting 9 points ye wont b able to handle willie bruton. i bet ya JO'F wont score against us if he does he wont show his face in cobh.

fosterdollar
16/11/2002, 5:35 PM
Originally posted by Pablo

that argument is used a lot but doesnt make much sense.

Cork is already covered by City obviously. Dublin is well covered. Derry covers the north. De Town, the midlands. So that's North, South, East, Midlands ... and then ... Galway would be the obvious team to cover the West... not, er, Waterford. :rolleyes: