PDA

View Full Version : Irish Players - December 2, 2006

Fergie's Son
02/12/2006, 4:00 PM
So far not a bad day for Irish players.

Doyle scored for Reading in their win over Boltion. Just wanted the match and he was excellent.

Andy Reid scored fro Charlton but I believe they lost which isn't a good thing if he stays there.

Daryl Murphy scored again for Sunderland. 2 goals in 2 games.

Morrisson also scored for Crystal Palace.

soccerc
02/12/2006, 4:48 PM
So far not a bad day for Irish players.

Andy Reid scored fro Charlton but I believe they lost which isn't a good thing if he stays there.

... but former St Pat's midfielder 20 year old Stephen Quinn made his Premiership debut in place of older brother Alan.

He almost netted with left foot volley within a minute of the start and lasted 76 mins before being subbed

OwlsFan
02/12/2006, 10:26 PM
Lee scored for Ipswich and Whelan (now taken off the transfer list) scored for Sheffield Wednesday. Richie Foran also scored for Motherwell I think. Fagan who scorer for Hull - is he one of ours?

tetsujin1979
02/12/2006, 10:36 PM
Leon Best notched one on loan at Yeovil today.

irishfan86
02/12/2006, 10:42 PM
Leon Best notched one on loan at Yeovil today.

When do you guys think McLaren is gonna give him a ring? :eek:

eirebhoy
03/12/2006, 9:46 AM
Richie Foran also scored for Motherwell I think.
Another penalty.

Soper
03/12/2006, 3:11 PM
I hope you people are watching the cup final today.Plenty of Irish players on display

eirebhoy
04/12/2006, 12:24 PM
I hope you people are watching the cup final today.Plenty of Irish players on display
I watched it and can't believe Hutton got motm. He was caught out a few times.

Billsthoughts
04/12/2006, 12:42 PM
was exiting game.
think he gave it to hutton on the basis he came back from hacking molloy out of it for peno and scored to bring em back into game. given the conditions it would be very harsh to accuse any of the defenders of being caught out. very hard to judge where the ball was going to go. pity the conditions were so poor and the FAI did arse all to promote the game.

Dr. Ogba
04/12/2006, 12:51 PM
I watched it and can't believe Hutton got motm. He was caught out a few times.

Yeah I agree, was at the match (freezin me boll0x off!) and thought Derry's defence looked suspect at times, both of the goals in normal time were as a result of dodgy defending...come to think of it there was dodgy defending all round which I suppose made it such an exciting match :)

Impressed with some of the young lads playing for Derry, McCourt gave his opposite number an awful runaround. Farren was quite good aswell - strong and showed some nice touches on the ball...

Stuttgart88
04/12/2006, 3:11 PM
Fagan who scorer for Hull - is he one of ours?Norn Iron

Great news about Stephen Quinn. Geary had a good game at left back by all accounts too. Daryl Murphy's goal was supposed to be fantastic.

The UK press was full of praise for Andy Reid on Saturday, most saying he's Charlton's only player of real quality. He got 8/10 in many papers.