PDA

View Full Version : New Investors

micls
01/12/2006, 4:30 PM
Lennox Agrees to ‘Heads of Terms’ for Investment in Cork City Football Club
Brian Lennox, Chairman and owner of Cork City FC, today agreed terms with a group of investors for them to acquire a stake in Cork City Football Club.

More on CorkCityFC.ie (http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home.htm).

Things looking up :)

Buller
01/12/2006, 5:37 PM
sounds good, but i wonder how much money is involved....

A face
02/12/2006, 8:54 AM
Cork City agree deal with investors

Cork City manager Damien Richardson will remain in charge of first team affairs for the next two seasons after an announcement on CorkCityFC.ie that chairman Brian Lennox has agreed a deal with investors.

The as yet unnamed group will take a major stake in the club but Lennox is set to remain at the helm as chairman for three years with Richardson staying on as manager.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=5781)

pete
02/12/2006, 10:17 AM
I don't know much of the details but the wording sounds like substancial funds on our way. Keeping Rico & Brian Lennox plus extra cash is dream deal.

:cool:

GavinZac
03/12/2006, 9:19 AM
rico has talked down any ideas of big transfer fees - 'there isnt a pot to buy players, but at least we can sign free transfers now'. if only this deal had been done 2 week ago we might've signed a chap called neale fenn on free transfer :rolleyes:

pete
03/12/2006, 10:20 AM
rico has talked down any ideas of big transfer fees - 'there isnt a pot to buy players, but at least we can sign free transfers now'. if only this deal had been done 2 week ago we might've signed a chap called neale fenn on free transfer :rolleyes:

Money is better used on wages instead of transfer fees.

We can get better replacement for Neal Fenn for same money. No chance he worth the money i heard Bohs offered him.

IMO no matter how many assists (people think he stes up more than he does) 8 league goals in last 2 seasons is not enough. Even Denis Behan has scored 9 league goals in that time.

News of the players Rico has been talking to is encouraging.

A face
03/12/2006, 2:46 PM
We can get better replacement for Neal Fenn for same money. No chance he worth the money i heard Bohs offered him.

How much was that ??

GavinZac
03/12/2006, 3:33 PM
News of the players Rico has been talking to is encouraging.

who's that?

micls
03/12/2006, 3:37 PM
who's that?

Ndo, cahill and bobby ryan apparently anyway

GavinZac
03/12/2006, 3:40 PM
Ndo, cahill and bobby ryan apparently anyway

that'd be nice, but then again so would karel poborsky. by 'ricos talking to them' do they mean he's given them a quick call or is there actual offers/negotiations happening.

pete
03/12/2006, 9:48 PM
that'd be nice, but then again so would karel poborsky. by 'ricos talking to them' do they mean he's given them a quick call or is there actual offers/negotiations happening.

I believe Rico was quoted as saying he talking to them. Then again the more players you talk to the better negotiating position with each individual.

I wouldn't like to mention money for Fenn & Bohs but lets just say would be simialr to current/former top earning City player.

Nice piece in the Sunday Times today where Mick McCarthy said he asked Lennox if he could have Roy for a few days to look at him. Lennox said no. :) Also apparently we have put 300k sterling rpice tag on him.

I believe the full details of the takeover can now be revealed as apparently todays result in the FAI Cup final was to have some bearing on.

Royfor
04/12/2006, 8:26 AM
Apparently the new Scottish Investors baulked at signing takeover contract yesterday...A lot of their Questions remained unanswered from BL...

Peadar
04/12/2006, 10:46 AM
Royfor going around the forums, posting this and promoting whatever agenda he has.

OneRedArmy
04/12/2006, 11:05 AM
I believe the full details of the takeover can now be revealed as apparently todays result in the FAI Cup final was to have some bearing on.I'd worry if a takeover was hinging on qualification for the Setanta and the Intertoto which is what appears the above refers to.

Doesn't exactly suggest long-term horizon.

Hope something gets sorted as the League needs strong clubs outside Dublin.

tiktok
04/12/2006, 12:19 PM
To be perfectly honest, this has all been dragging on a little too long for my liking now.

At the CCOSC Hall of Fame do on Friday 23rd November, Brian Lennox was confident that the deal would be signed a week later, but the whole process doesn't seem to have moved forward in that week.

Hopefully it is something as simple as Setanta and Intertoto football being now guarenteed, it does seem like a silly stumbling block though. I guess while it probably won't affect the amount invested by the new consortium, it may have had an effect on the timing and rate at which that investment is made.

More likely is the parties involved wanted the FAI Cup final out of the way, so that any announcement will receive the maximum media attention.

With a bit of luck it'll be signed within the next few days, otherwise people will get increasingly restless about the issue.

A face
04/12/2006, 11:46 PM
Apparently the new Scottish Investors baulked at signing takeover contract yesterday...A lot of their Questions remained unanswered from BL...

Royfor going around the forums, posting this and promoting whatever agenda he has.

I have to agree with Peadar here, how can this possibly help? Its unfounded for a start, nothing suggests it elsewhere, …. Anywhere???

If it were true .... what were the questions? given the nature of the matter, would anyone want BL making it up on the spot. Hes no one fool, he not gonna try and wing it in fairness, get a grip.

Fact is ..... its not done yet ..... and all bĂșllshĂ­t is not helpful in the meantime.

depor
14/12/2006, 12:07 AM
like a lot of people i was wondering why lennox stayed on as chairman when there is new investers, most people who put money in a club want to be at the forefront of it. but then i heard that lennox's brother was the investor, so thats why hes still chairman.:rolleyes:

A face
14/12/2006, 10:56 PM
like a lot of people i was wondering why lennox stayed on as chairman when there is new investers, most people who put money in a club want to be at the forefront of it. but then i heard that lennox's brother was the investor, so thats why hes still chairman.:rolleyes:

1.) Do you think it is wise leaving a new investor deal with the FAI having never had the pleasure before hand?

2.) We are lead to believe that Lennox still owns nearly half the club

3.) He had experience and a proven track record, why fix something that aint broke, he is the single most progressive manager the club has seen.

4.) Lennox brother? Where is your source? Its complete krap until we find out otherwise ... just cos you say it doesn't make it so. Rumours aren't worth the paper they are written on at this stage, one is as unless as the last at this rate, waste of time even.

pete
16/12/2006, 10:47 AM
Brian Lennox has earned the trust of CCFC fans. We have no option but to trust his judgement.