micls
01/12/2006, 3:24 PM
Comon Derry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoops1
01/12/2006, 3:26 PM
come on eileen

Mental Man
01/12/2006, 3:35 PM
I will deffo be shouting for Derry on sunday, Cmon Derry !!!!!!!

wws
01/12/2006, 3:43 PM
Great Thread!

Peadar
01/12/2006, 4:08 PM
Even if St. Jude (Thaddeus) turned out for Pats, they wouldn't have a prayer. :D

Rebel 84
01/12/2006, 4:52 PM
C'mon Derry

soccerc
01/12/2006, 4:54 PM
Even if St. Jude (Thaddeus) turned out for Pats, they wouldn't have a prayer. :D

He'll be there alright

floatinghoop
01/12/2006, 5:13 PM
No neutrals going for the underdogs then?

micls
01/12/2006, 5:20 PM
No neutrals going for the underdogs then?

Well Derry winning is good for Drogheda and Cork so of course they are going for Derry. Dunno about the rest.

maybe they don't want Pats in Europe?

passerrby
01/12/2006, 5:41 PM
i was going to use that old nugget" the team with the most goals will win" but then again

passerrby
01/12/2006, 5:42 PM
fogot to mention hope its a great day for both teams and a showcase for league of ireland

kdjaC
01/12/2006, 5:58 PM
Well Derry winning is good for Drogheda and Cork so of course they are going for Derry. Dunno about the rest.

maybe they don't want Pats in Europe?

Ahh the old "its good for the league" that the 4 pro teams who may be 2 get into Europe , its best for the league, cooefficents...blah blah

fcuk the league, Cmon the Saints!!!

kdjac

forza
01/12/2006, 7:30 PM
No one likes us we dont :cool:

Both leagues are against us to see Cork play Setanta and in Europe :rolleyes:

Fcuk the good of the league. Come on the Saints :)

Raheny Red
01/12/2006, 8:13 PM
No matter who loses I'll still be a happy man :cool:. It's either pats going for a 46th year on the trot or the jester's treble season resulting in just the league cup. Win/win situation ;)

Kildare Lad
01/12/2006, 8:48 PM
C'mon Pats!

Mr A
01/12/2006, 8:54 PM
C'mon Pats. Derry have the Uefa Cup anyway and it'd be good to see someone new in Europe and the Setanta Cup.

steno
01/12/2006, 8:56 PM
Going and shouting for Derry. Hope its a great game with plenty of goals.

SligoBrewer
01/12/2006, 9:00 PM
C'mon Derry!
i Hope ye Put 5 or six past Barry Ryan!

sligoman
01/12/2006, 9:03 PM
Pat's are really poor. They don't deserve to be in the final never mind win it so I'm rooting for Derry. Besides, Derry deserve to win something along with the League cup.

strangeirish
01/12/2006, 9:14 PM
come on eileen
LMAO:D

Jerry The Saint
02/12/2006, 2:17 AM
They don't deserve to be in the final never mind win it so I'm rooting for Derry.

Why don't we deserve to be in it you clown? We won all our games.

He's right you know. I did some research and discovered that a knockout tournament was held and Pats qualified for the final by being one of two teams that didn't lose any of their games. Sligo - not so much...

Despite what sligoman and John Delaney think, performance on the field of play is still a popular way to decide who goes home with the trophy.

And saying we're poor is not polite - you could have just said that we come from a deprived area.

pól-dcfc
02/12/2006, 3:09 AM
No matter who loses I'll still be a happy man :cool:. It's either pats going for a 46th year on the trot or the jester's treble season resulting in just the league cup. Win/win situation ;)

:rolleyes:

Only one treble that counts this season. C'mon the taxman!

Raheny Red
02/12/2006, 3:49 PM

I understand your frustration of the possibility of just coming out of this season with a league cup ;) :cool:

pól-dcfc
02/12/2006, 6:24 PM
Sure it's the same amount of trophies that youse have won. And our club isn't on the verge of going under. It's a beautiful world.

desaintsno.12
02/12/2006, 7:19 PM
get off ur high horse pal

CollegeTillIDie
02/12/2006, 9:53 PM
Three mitres on a shirt/ The old halo still gleaming/ 45 years of hurt / Never stopped me dreaming.

Come on Pat's win it for Dublin :D

Celdrog
02/12/2006, 10:02 PM
:D :D

kdjaC
02/12/2006, 10:48 PM
Pat's are really poor. They don't deserve to be in the final never mind win it so I'm rooting for Derry. Besides, Derry deserve to win something along with the League cup.

There are some seriously retarded things posted on foot.ie instead of a POTM there should be a RPOTM this would win it easily.

kdjac

pól-dcfc
03/12/2006, 12:45 AM
get off ur high horse pal

I'm not on a horse of any variety. I wouldn't begrudge pats a victory today, but I just can't stand these Shelbourne ball roots coming on and acting the hard man. Joke of a club. Can't wait until til they (or preferably Ollie) die.

sligoman
03/12/2006, 12:37 PM
There are some seriously retarded things posted on foot.ie instead of a POTM there should be a RPOTM this would win it easily.Just speaking the truth. Pat's aren't good enough to win the FAI Cup today, wait and see.

WindmillWarrior
03/12/2006, 1:22 PM
Crazy weather today, could suit Pats.
Win win situation for me too - Pats win and theres no Europe or Setanta for Cork, which would be nice.
Derry win and we get UEFA instead of intertwobob.

Raheny Red
03/12/2006, 2:59 PM
I'm not on a horse of any variety. I wouldn't begrudge pats a victory today, but I just can't stand these Shelbourne ball roots coming on and acting the hard man. Joke of a club. Can't wait until til they (or preferably Ollie) die.

That's laughable, who is acting the hard man :rolleyes: :p - hoping for a human being to die, well what can you say about a man who hopes for that :confused:

CollegeTillIDie
03/12/2006, 3:31 PM
That's laughable, who is acting the hard man :rolleyes: - hoping for a human being to die, well what can you say about a man who hopes for that :confused:

He's from Ulster?:eek:

daniel
04/12/2006, 10:00 AM
and im sure hes not the only one who hopes one of these die aswell! well done to the pats, gave a gr8 game yesterday, came out and gave a really good go of it!

Peadar
04/12/2006, 10:42 AM
St. Jude got diverted to Shannon. Pats were rubbish! (As predicted) Good to see the better team winning a Cup Final.
It's better for the league that Pats wont be representing us outside of the league, next season.

Maz
04/12/2006, 10:53 AM
Derry were the better team, still bitterly disappointing for Pats fans to see their team go ahead 3 times in the game and end up losing it!

TonyD
04/12/2006, 7:58 PM
St. Jude got diverted to Shannon. Pats were rubbish! (As predicted) Good to see the better team winning a Cup Final.
It's better for the league that Pats wont be representing us outside of the league, next season.

Really Peadar, what crap you talk. Pats rubbish ? I don't think so. As for representing the league, too much is made of this. If Pats had won they would have represented the league on merit ( and would have aquitted themselves well I'm sure) They didn't win, so won't be in Europe or the Setanta, end of story.

dancinpants
04/12/2006, 8:04 PM
They didn't win, so won't be in Europe or the Setanta, end of story.

I think that this is harsh on Pats. A spot in two competitions hanging on the Cup Final!!!, I reckon Pats should at least have received a spot in the Setanta, seeing as Cork got the Intertoto. Pure lousey that they got nothing to show from yesterdays match.

Jerry The Saint
04/12/2006, 9:15 PM
I think that this is harsh on Pats. A spot in two competitions hanging on the Cup Final!!!, I reckon Pats should at least have received a spot in the Setanta, seeing as Cork got the Intertoto. Pure lousey that they got nothing to show from yesterdays match.

Any chance the FAI could fudge it to let us into the Setanta at this late stage - y'know "in the interests of Fair Play"...:o

A face
05/12/2006, 12:17 AM
hoping for a human being to die, well what can you say about a man who hopes for that :confused:

It was Ollie that he was on about so technically .... ??? :eek: :p

pól-dcfc
05/12/2006, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I thought human being was a bit strong too...

Peadar
05/12/2006, 8:25 AM

If we hadn't been raped over the Dublin City disgrace, we'd have been at least above Drogs and probably above Derry too so fair play doesn't come into this.

OneRedArmy
05/12/2006, 9:17 AM
If we hadn't been raped over the Dublin City disgrace, we'd have been at least above Drogs and probably above Derry too so fair play doesn't come into this.Were they giving 6 points for a win against Dublin City this season?

Dry your eyes Peader, the FAI followed international precedent in the Dublin City affair.

Peadar
05/12/2006, 9:43 AM
Love the way the Derry lads are happy with the FAI when it suits them. You failed to beat Dublin and when they ran like cowards from the league, you had the luxury of two free fixture dates, which helped your fixture congestion. If you had to play them, you'd have had another 20 threads on here about how the league should be extended because you had too many games to play.
Poor Derry, they managed to equal what Shels and Cork City had done in Europe but the bad league didn't respect them and restructure the league to suit them.
The Dublin City affair, the Hargan affair, the dodgy decisions which ensured you won your last 3 league games. No wonder you're happy with the way the league is run.

OneRedArmy
05/12/2006, 10:09 AM
Love the way the Derry lads are happy with the FAI when it suits them. You failed to beat Dublin and when they ran like cowards from the league, you had the luxury of two free fixture dates, which helped your fixture congestion. If you had to play them, you'd have had another 20 threads on here about how the league should be extended because you had too many games to play.
Poor Derry, they managed to equal what Shels and Cork City had done in Europe but the bad league didn't respect them and restructure the league to suit them.
The Dublin City affair, the Hargan affair, the dodgy decisions which ensured you won your last 3 league games. No wonder you're happy with the way the league is run.Oh dear, its all coming out now......but don't let the truth get in the way of your rant.

Firstly, we had one fixture date, having played Dublin twice.

And secondly what were the "dodgy decisions" that resulted in Derry beating Cork? Us playing 11 players perhaps?

and I'm far from happy at the way the League is run.

Peadar
05/12/2006, 11:23 AM
Are you telling me that Derry played Dublin twice and lost twice to them?

Your goal against us should have been ruled out for offside. The dogs on the street could see that!

dcfcsteve
05/12/2006, 11:25 AM
Are you telling me that Derry played Dublin twice and lost twice to the?

Your goal against us should have been ruled out for offside. The dogs on the street could see that!

Any and all complaints re the fortunes of Cork City FC across the 2006 season should be forwarded to :

Mr Damien Richardson
Turners Cross
Cork
Ireland

cc'ing a Mr George O'Callaghan (though not at the same address......! )

Peadar
05/12/2006, 12:35 PM
Any and all complaints re the fortunes of Cork City FC across the 2006 season should be forwarded to :

Mr Damien Richardson

At least we have a manager who knows how to win the league. Even with all the luck and dodgy decisions, you still couldn't do that.

wws
05/12/2006, 12:38 PM
The only reason Derry won the cup was because of the biased Dublin ref