PDA

View Full Version : Murphy OUT

Neil
05/11/2002, 10:11 AM
Just so I can never be accused of only saying it when we lose...

Murphy OUT now. Please.

What are the bets Rennie (our best player this season IMO and one of the best signings ever) won;t be there for the Rovers game?

With Flynny in support of him, how long will he last here?

All down to one man.....

Back to Hickeys with ya....

Éanna
05/11/2002, 10:42 AM
for the good of everyone he has to go. he is simply not capable of taking us any further.

Colm
05/11/2002, 12:50 PM
Win, lose or draw I always say that he has got to go. Why does he ALWAYS take reynolds off, its ridiculous he's our player of the season. Also, why hasnt Colin P been given more oppurtunities this season. What about Steve O'Flynn why wont he call him back.
And if these reports of unrest in the camp are true it just further shows what a cnut Gunther is. Does anyone honestly believe that the likes of O'Flynn, Reynolds or Warren will hang around if the manager is treating them like sh!t. Get rid of the fool before he breaks up the great squad we have at present and completly ruins our club.

MURPHY OUT

Casegrande
05/11/2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Get rid of the fool before he breaks up the great squad we have at present and completly ruins our club.

Spot on. It's a damage limitation process at the moment.
Try and hang onto our best players until yer man steps aside in January. There will be huge celebrations that day!

Dricky
05/11/2002, 1:02 PM
As long as the fans let the player know that they want them they know they can stick it out until Jan.

niamh
05/11/2002, 1:08 PM
This is not saying I want Murphy to stay, but it comes back to who could be brought in to replace him? City haven't many options, though we are looking better now than at the end of last season.

Casegrande
05/11/2002, 1:12 PM
Damo Rico
Alan Matthews
Pat Dolan
John Aldridge
Ronnie Whelan
Feckin Davie Hill if we have to....

Gary
05/11/2002, 2:03 PM
Yup, he has to go. His managerial shrewdness didnt win us that match last night, it was the players will to win.

Gunther OUT and take Deccie with ya!

Ruairi
05/11/2002, 2:05 PM
Christ lads anyone who knows me will know gunther's not my favourite person but give the man some credit!

We know he's boring, we know he thinks we know nothing about football, he's not the most tactically adept person in the world, but put it into perspective:

We're second in the league, the crowds are flocking to the cross and we play some attractive football when we want.

So let's get off Gunther's back and concentrate our efforts into supporting the team, as opposed to bitching about a manager that won't be going anywhere soon.

Gary
05/11/2002, 2:15 PM
No Ruari, we aint going to win the league, or anything else for that matter while that chimp is the boss. The guy makes the most amazing substitutions, and also alienates half his squad. He is a retard and an @ssh0le.

OUT

Éanna
05/11/2002, 2:18 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
We're second in the league, the crowds are flocking to the cross and we play some attractive football when we want.

can't agrue with that. it just happens that a lot of us believe we are doing well DESPITE gunther, not because of him.

Xlex
05/11/2002, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by Casegrande

Alan Matthews

eh... ye right... Matthews is ours...

Éanna
05/11/2002, 2:28 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
eh... ye right... Matthews is ours...
which would you pick xlex? the town certified by The Star (it must be true so :) ) to be the worst in Ireland,or the city that will be european capital of culture in a few years time. :p

Colm
05/11/2002, 2:29 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
let's get off Gunther's back and concentrate our efforts into supporting the team, as opposed to bitching about a manager that won't be going anywhere soon. I'll get off Gunthers back as soon as he stops making ridiculous substitutions, alienating good players, ignoring the fans etc, etc, etc.............
As Eanna said we are doing reasonably well not because of Gunther but in spite of him. We could be doing better without him.

OUT

Gary
05/11/2002, 2:31 PM
The fool doesnt know his best team. he is throwing Greg and Bennet around in different positions the whole time. I mean Bennet was right wing friday night, just after recieving his POTM award before the game for his performances at centre half. He then starts on the bench last night, and comes on as a central midfieder.

Xlex
05/11/2002, 2:31 PM
well Alan Matthews is Red and Black, we all know how hard it is to get rid of ex-players...:D :D :D ... Anyway you tend to have alot of good to say about the 'worst town' in Ireland

Shed End John
05/11/2002, 3:41 PM
Originally posted by Casegrande

Try and hang onto our best players until yer man steps aside in January. There will be huge celebrations that day!

I absolutely 100% agree with the celebrations part, won't I be one of those celebrating?! But, let's have a little reality check. Short of being relegated which, even now, is nearly mathematically impossible, Gunther will still be manager when the new season kicks off in March. Failure to qualify for Europe doesn't constitute enough of a reason (in the CCFC book of excuses) to sack the manager. Unless he leaves of his own accord, now there's a nice thought.

Murphy Out Now!!!

pete
05/11/2002, 3:54 PM
I now have realised Murphy has been using his cunning plan in recent weeks
- don't use players in their best positions so opposition won't have game plan for they so surprised.
- play Deccie in a kind of reverse psychology play towards opposition forwards (i.e. "that old man will never catch me...")
- stand next to the dugout & get opposition manager distracted as he'll keep watching him for some expert instruction to the city players...

:D

:rolleyes:

Éanna
06/11/2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
It just seems to be a muddle, and we seem to score by accident rather than design. The individual talent of certain players seem to be getting us by rather than any gameplan.
Thats the whole thing in a nutshell really.

joe
06/11/2002, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John

Failure to qualify for Europe doesn't constitute enough of a reason (in the CCFC book of excuses) to sack the manager.

they've obviously revised that particular publication in the past two years then

SÓC
07/11/2002, 2:44 PM
At the start of the season Murphy said on some radio/tv show, cant remember which, that he and the players knew that last year wasnt good enough and if they didnt qualify for Europe they would be gone from the club.

I wonder does that still apply?

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 2:54 PM
Originally posted by joe

they've obviously revised that particular publication in the past two years then

Depends whether you're talking in terms of it applying to Gunther or not.:)

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
07/11/2002, 3:46 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
he and the players knew that last year wasnt good enough and if they didnt qualify for Europe they would be gone from the club.
the players will probably be gone anyway :rolleyes: