PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a "Spice Boy" in our middst?

Counting Crow
04/11/2002, 11:40 PM
After the Bohs game my young lad wanted nothing more than to get JO'F's autograph.

(Don't tell anyone) but we went onto the pitch after the game and once we eventually got through the crowd to JO'F, he duely signed the programme for us.
He then made a comment about looking forward to tonights game to us - I swear to God Counting Crow Junior didn't stop talking about it all the way home in the car.

He said he was bringing it ( the programme ) into school to show his mates.

How times have changed. We actually have a star player in the team that is becoming a household name accross the league.

Who'se taking bets on when "Hello" magazine will do an article on the guy?

Éanna
05/11/2002, 10:07 AM
nice one. this is what the league needs. kids who don´t know any better are being lured into lifelong devotions to clubs in england who they´ll never even see live- thats the age when city have to win them over!

eoinh
05/11/2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
nice one. this is what the league needs. kids who don´t know any better are being lured into lifelong devotions to clubs in england who they´ll never even see live- thats the age when city have to win them over!

It's a pity that the Eircom League Weekly programme isn't on at an earlier time as a lot of young kids and others ae tucked up in bed when it starts at 11:30 pm. Most non el people would be unaware that the programme even exists i would say. THe league in general would attract a lot more people if the highlights were on at a better time.

Neil
05/11/2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by eoinh
It's a pity that the Eircom League Weekly programme isn't on at an earlier time

Or even if they repeated it early on a Saturday maybe?

Éanna
05/11/2002, 10:54 AM
yeah, sat morning maybe a good idea. no reason why they couldn´t. do the british channels still repeat match if the day on sunday morning?

eoinh
05/11/2002, 11:04 AM
do the british channels still repeat match if the day on sunday morning?

MATCH IF THE DAY! Thanks for the quick revenge Eanna!

pete
05/11/2002, 1:10 PM
Hopefully city can do some school visits & the like with the fulltime players - i'm sure kids are impressed when they see local cork players have football as their job...?

Tv3 could easily do a repeat of the show on saturday mornings or afternoons.

niamh
05/11/2002, 1:10 PM
JOF is great with the kids though. At the end of one home match he was still signing autographs 10 mins after it finished.
Class player on and off the pitch.

Éanna
05/11/2002, 2:15 PM
MATCH IF THE DAY! Thanks for the quick revenge Eanna!
:confused:

Good to see O'Flynn making an effort on the clubs behalf. if only funther could learn from him!

Shed End John
05/11/2002, 4:05 PM

It's a pity that the Eircom League Weekly programme isn't on at an earlier time as a lot of young kids and others ae tucked up in bed when it starts at 11:30 pm. Most non el people would be unaware that the programme even exists i would say. THe league in general would attract a lot more people if the highlights were on at a better time.

Exactly. They might even see some very good action. Anyone see Broughan's contender for goal of the season. Absolute MAGIC.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
06/11/2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Anyone see Broughan's contender for goal of the season. Absolute MAGIC.
he´ll never score a better goal than the one he got for city a few years back! :)

Casegrande
06/11/2002, 12:37 PM
As far as I know eL Weekly is repeated the following day at 6am

eoinh
06/11/2002, 1:05 PM
Originally posted by Casegrande

That ain't exactly prime time viewing either!

:rolleyes:

Éanna
06/11/2002, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by Casegrande
thats something i suppose- at least you can set a video if you forget first time round!

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 3:05 PM

he´ll never score a better goal than the one he got for city a few years back! :)

Yeah, that was absolutely the greatest gem of an OG I've ever seen. :D
Revenge on the Bohs was long overdue at that point.

Murphy Out Now!!!