PDA

View Full Version : G O'Cs sending off

patsh
04/11/2002, 11:34 PM
OK, I've just seen the sending off incident on the Multi and TV3 and I'm f*cking livid. On another thread I gave the benefit of the doubt to the ref, but this is one of the worst I've ever seen.
An absolute f*cking disgraceful decision!
That b*stard Hawkins bullied the weasely f*cking 4th official into it and the cretin ref went along with it.
Even Damo on TV3 was p*ssed off by Hawkins's carry-on and could not see any reason for the red card.
City should fight this all the way and bring some sort of complaint against Hawkins.
I really hope the pr*ck breaks his leg soon, and this is a guy I used to think fairly highly of as a player. :mad:

Counting Crow
04/11/2002, 11:46 PM
Gotta agree with Oddboy here.

I don't think he should have been sent off. It looked kike George was doing nothing more than trying to get the ball out from between Hankins' legs.

In hindsight he should have taken one lash at it and burried it so far up his ar*e that Hawkins would have needed Neuro Surgery to get it back out.

Does he have some continental blood in him with all the finger wagging and pointing he went on with.

What a toe rag.

Seanie
05/11/2002, 8:23 AM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
It looked kike George was doing nothing more than trying to get the ball out from between Hankins' legs.

- Exactly

eoinh
05/11/2002, 8:39 AM
Having seen the eircom league programme on TV this morning, i have to admit i was wrong about Georgie's sending off. Hawkins was a disgrace.

Neil
05/11/2002, 9:56 AM
Originally posted by oddboy

An absolute f*cking disgraceful decision!
That b*stard Hawkins bullied the weasely f*cking 4th official into it and the cretin ref went along with it.

Spot on. I couldn't really comment because I saw it from the St Annes end at the time but seeing it on TV last night proves without doubt that it was a disgraceful decision. Shame on Honker Hawkins. But would anything about that bitch surprise you?

Éanna
05/11/2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Shame on Honker Hawkins. But would anything about that bitch surprise you?
No. He´s another whinging drama queen from the Trevor Molloy school of cheating, diving etc.
Anyone reckon city can/will appeal this?

Casegrande
05/11/2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
Anyone reckon city can/will appeal this?

Dunno what clubs can do in these situations. An appeal costs time and money and the ban has already been served.

On TV3 last night Rico was livid about Honker Hawkin's behaviour. Comments could be directed to sports@tv3.ie. Trevor is always looking for comments and I'm sure he'd entertain a bit of Hawkins bashing!

Éanna
05/11/2002, 10:52 AM
yeah thats the problem with this new rule that suspensions follow immediately. surely it should be the following week giving time for appeals etc.,

niamh
05/11/2002, 1:13 PM
I guess City can appeal if the ref decides it needs further action but having seen the footage there's no way he could.
Hawkins has always been a sly player and now there is the prove to show it.

Gary
05/11/2002, 2:01 PM
I personally loved Gunthers reaction. The foo, didnt even look in the direction of it, just stood there like the erect penis he is, while Patsy almost exploded.

Unreal decision. I have to agree there. GoC did exactly nothing wrong. In fact it was Hawkins who fouiled by trapping the ball beneath himself.

Colm
05/11/2002, 2:08 PM
Originally posted by GWA
I personally loved Gunthers reaction. The foo, didnt even look in the direction of it, just stood there like the erect penis he is, while Patsy almost exploded.
Yeah I know, the fool didnt seem in the slightest bit bothered that we just had a man wrongly sent off. Maybe he was glad because he thought that people would blame Georgie for us not winning instead of blaming him!
Gunther is an emotionless idiot who is going to fcuk up our club if he is left in charge.

On the sending off, it was an absolute joke. Both the ref and 4th official were standing very close and should have clearly seen Georgie going for the ball. They and Hawkins are a disgrace.

Éanna
05/11/2002, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Gunther is an emotionless idiot who is going to fcuk up our club if he is left in charge.
hey come on. he suffered a very serious injury for our club:rolleyes:

Ref
05/11/2002, 2:21 PM
Oddboy said That b*stard Hawkins bullied the weasely f*cking 4th official into it and the cretin ref went along with it.

If you watch it again you'll see that the fourth official acted before Colin Hawkins reacted. He'd already gone over to inform the referee before Hawkins said/did anything.

Gary
05/11/2002, 2:23 PM
Gwonawayyalagner REF!:D

Éanna
05/11/2002, 2:25 PM
Hawkins is a cheating ****. Himself and molloy are past-masters in cheating and conning refs from their pats days. This is one serious argument for video-evidence.

Ref
05/11/2002, 2:33 PM
Said Eanna:
yeah thats the problem with this new rule that suspensions follow immediately. surely it should be the following week giving time for appeals etc.,

Eanna, the point of the automatic one match ban for a red card is because a lot of the appeals were overturning referees decisions even though the referee got it right but the leagues didn't agree. THis undermines referees and it had to stop.

Niamh said:
I guess City can appeal if the ref decides it needs further action but having seen the footage there's no way he could.

The referee sent him off for violent conduct so unless the league feel the referee/fourth official made a mistake he'll more than likely serve a 3 match ban. A one match ban usually only results from a red for two yellows.

Ref
05/11/2002, 2:46 PM
oh and GWA

i haven't heard that one before. :rolleyes: :D

Gary
05/11/2002, 2:54 PM
Okay, Hawkins did act the maggot, but thats gamesmanship. If one of oursd did that to Jackdaw, or if Roy Keane (still hate him BTW) did it to an opponent, you all (apart from the anti keane people) would be saying that jackdaw deserved it for getting wound up etc.

Still a schnit decision though!

Ref
05/11/2002, 3:20 PM
Still a schnit decision though!

:rolleyes:

BTW, what did ye all think of the Rutherford penalty incident now ye've seen it on TV3/Chorus?

Troy.McClure
05/11/2002, 3:39 PM
No way a red card, but like was said before, we wouldnt be complaining if one of ours did it, however Big Nose went way ott IMO.

As for the peno, well I wasnt there, but it looked like one from the tv, however the reaction of our players (maybe they were trying to get him sent off for diving?) and the lack of protest from the Bohs team in general seemed to sugest that Rutherfird went diwn a bit too easily.

Re Gunther's reaction: What do ye want him to do? Run on to the pitch? Snap the card from the ref's hand?
What can you do in a situation like that except think of how you can limit the damage?

Shed End John
05/11/2002, 3:47 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
[b]That b*stard Hawkins bullied the weasely f*cking 4th official into it and the cretin ref went along with it.

Agreed. It was the most spineless, lacking in balls and shameful piece of officiating that I've ever seen (bar O'Hanlon + Inchicore '99). Words can't even begin to describe how bad a decision it was.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Ref
05/11/2002, 3:53 PM
Re Gunther's reaction: What do ye want him to do? Run on to the pitch? Snap the card from the ref's hand?

a voice of reason. :eek:

What can you do in a situation like that except think of how you can limit the damage?

at a monaghan match a week or two ago monaghan didn't like a referees decision and they let him know all about it.

the manager and asst manager were sent into the stand.

ccfc don't need that or the fines and suspensions to go along with it.

good man troy.

Troy.McClure
05/11/2002, 3:57 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Come to think of it, the Examiner had a piece yesterday about a team in Madagascar that felt the Ref was $hite and scored 150 O.G.'s in protest.

Maybe we should have done that?:confused: :rolleyes: :o

Ref
05/11/2002, 4:01 PM
and what if the league came down to goal difference?

answer me that troy mcclure!

:D

Shed End John
05/11/2002, 4:01 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure

Come to think of it, the Examiner had a piece yesterday about a team in Madagascar that felt the Ref was $hite and scored 150 O.G.'s in protest.

Maybe we should have done that?:confused: :rolleyes: :o

Like that would help. Wouldn't it get in the way of trivial matters like at least trying to catch Bohs. Gunther though should at least have tried to look annoyed by the decision.

Murphy Out Now!!!

pete
05/11/2002, 4:03 PM
I too gave the benefit of doubt to the 4th official but when say on Chorus yesterday was bewildered.

As i mentioned elsewhere was similar incident with Greg last night - Pats player on the ground picked ball up with legs & Greg tired to kick out of - Greg connected with defenders ass & IMO did not even deserve a yellow card.

Doesn't seem like much city can do but video evidence should ensure George does not get any increased ban. There may be some value in pursuing a bit as the fact george has a red card already might increase any other bans he'd get this season?

Éanna
06/11/2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Ref
THis undermines referees and it had to stop.
When referees start refereeing there won´t be a need to undermine them

Troy.McClure
06/11/2002, 1:05 PM
Originally posted by Ref
and what if the league came down to goal difference?

answer me that troy mcclure!

:D

Well first we would have to catch them :( :o

Ref
06/11/2002, 2:06 PM
ah c'mon troy theres time yet!

don't be so pesimistic!

bohs drew there last three games so who knows?

Ref
06/11/2002, 2:12 PM
When referees start refereeing there won´t be a need to undermine them

:rolleyes:

Real ale Madrid
06/11/2002, 2:27 PM
It was not just the sending off (which was a total load of sh*t) but every borderline decision seemed to go against us. One particular time when I think Greg was absolutely halved ina tackle after he got the ball away and the stupid w**ker just waved play on. A dublin ref should not be allowed ref a game between a dublin team and another team they should only be allowed ref between 2 scum teams or 2 teams outside dublin, there are enough refs. The display friday (refs) was absolutely the worst performance from a referee I have ever seen and I include Inchacore99disaster case in that.

Éanna
06/11/2002, 2:27 PM
sorry but i´m just fed up of inept refereeing.

Ref
06/11/2002, 2:44 PM
in all seriousness Eanna what do you suggest we do to improve the standard of refereeing in the eircom league????

:confused:

Troy.McClure
06/11/2002, 2:46 PM
Glasses, and a monkey wrench to get what ever they have up their @sses out! :mad:

Oh ya, and a bit of cop on.

Ref
06/11/2002, 2:50 PM
:o

Éanna
06/11/2002, 2:50 PM
Originally posted by Ref
in all seriousness Eanna what do you suggest we do to improve the standard of refereeing in the eircom league????
Firstly: asses them properly- i.e. when referees like Hanlon and O´Neill have a stinker reffing a particular club, you keep them away from that club for at least a few games.
Secondly: end this dublin referee for a cork-dublin game joke.
Thirdly: tell linesmen to assist if they want to be called assistant referees.
Fourthly: there´s not much you can do to improve a bad ref. he´s bad full stop.

pete
06/11/2002, 3:44 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

The minute George O'Callagahn got sent off by 4th official (corkman) i'm knew it would damage calls to stop dublin based referees reffing city v dublin teams at the cross.

:eek:

Éanna
06/11/2002, 5:15 PM
Originally posted by pete
The minute George O'Callagahn got sent off by 4th official (corkman) i'm knew it would damage calls to stop dublin based referees reffing city v dublin teams at the cross.
The Cork refs (bar Alan Kelly) are fairly poor in terms of what I´ve seen. It´s nothing to do with any particular decisions, it´s just the profound, simple unfairness of it.

joe
06/11/2002, 6:37 PM
Originally posted by Betcelt
The week before the Cork v Bohs game he sent Eric Lavine off in a ridicolous decision against Shels. Read in the local Longford rag that they gave the adress of the referees acessor and encouraged people to write and complain about the poor performance from Han****.

i stand to be corrected here, but i think he reffed a game in longford last season so badly that longford complained to the fai and guess what happened? he was back for the next match!

Éanna
06/11/2002, 6:45 PM
Originally posted by joe
longford complained to the fai and guess what happened? he was back for the next match!
Same kind of scenario as Hanlon and City after the game in inchicore- I think i´m right in saying he reffed a super-cup game between us and pats at the cross within a few months of that.

I was talking to a player about it before and he basically said that if you give out to the FAI, they won´t only ignore your complaint but they´ll do their damndest to throw it back in your face as well :rolleyes:

Ref
06/11/2002, 7:01 PM
Firstly: asses them properly- i.e. when referees like Hanlon and O´Neill have a stinker reffing a particular club, you keep them away from that club for at least a few games.

- Dick O'Hanlon retired last season

- A referee cannot have the same club twice in a month

- Ten team league: Six of the ten are from Dublin (including Bray)
Cork City play nine teams of which six are from Dublin.

Where do we get the referees from when ccfc are playing Dublin teams? Kerry?

The fact remains that the best referees in the country are refereeing in the eircom league whether you agree or not.

Surley you'd prefer to have a good referee from Dublin instead of a poor referee from down/up the country somewhere.

Fourthly: there´s not much you can do to improve a bad ref. he´s bad full stop.

1200 referees in the country. 50 or so in the national league.

those 50 are there because they're the best referees in the country.

Might be worth while starting a letter campaign to try to get rid of Damien Han**** from the Eircom League.

Damien Han**** is one of the most promising referees on the eircom league panel.

He handled the city bohs game very well no matter what ye all think. He did very well in the circumstances.

Yeah, he made a few mistakes but christ its very easy to judge when you're sitting in the stand or at the back of the shed.

I can guarantee you hes a lot better referee than you Betcelt.

You don't want him refereeing, you want to start a letter campaign to try to get rid of him?

What would we do then?

just leave the fans ref the games?

we'll have Betcelt reffing the first half and somebody from the other crowd reffin' the second half?

ye're all full of rubbish criticising referees but nobody has anything constructive to say about it.

all ye can say is:

Glasses, and a monkey wrench to get what ever they have up their @sses out!

i´m just fed up of inept refereeing.

The display friday (refs) was absolutely the worst performance from a referee I have ever seen and I include Inchacore99disaster case in that. (complete tripe)

every borderline decision seemed to go against us (you watching the same game as me???????)

and of course

The Cork refs (bar Alan Kelly) are fairly poor in terms of what I´ve seen. It´s nothing to do with any particular decisions, it´s just the profound, simple unfairness of it.

so the cork refs are no good and ye don't like the dublin refs and ye don't like waterford refs.

would ye like graham poll and david elleray to fly over every week?

yeah. course ye would.

even if ye'd pierluigi collina ye'd bitch about him.

anyone thinks they can do better than what ye see every week then do the course and be a referee.

otherwise shut up and stop bitchin' cause ye're all talking crap.

patsh
06/11/2002, 7:51 PM
Ref, whether you call it bitching or not, people are entitled to express what they think.

those 50 are there because they're the best referees in the country.
That may be so, but all that means is that the standard of refereeing in this country is appalling.

As for me doing a course to be a ref, I , as well as others, often give out about players.
Would doing a course and taking up playing solve anything ??
No. The problem is that the FAI do not do a proper job, and referees feel they are above any sort of criticism.
The FAI should make it very attractive for refs, i.e. pay them at least €250 + expenses for each game, but also there would have to be stringent standards in place which the refs would have to consistently meet. All that happens now is that referees police other referees and will not criticise one of their own.
Simply saying the top 50 refs are in the eL is pointless if they are not very good referees.

Ref
06/11/2002, 8:28 PM
Ref, whether you call it bitching or not, people are entitled to express what they think.

Thats all they do, oddboy.

The ref did this, the ref did that.

He didn't do this, he didn't do that.

All people do is moan moan moan.

One guy wants to start a petition to get rid of Damien Han****!

As if thats going to get us anywhere!!

The FAI should make it very attractive for refs, i.e. pay them at least €250 + expenses for each game,

yes that sounds nice, we'd all love money like that but does throwing a load of money at a referee make him referee a game any differently??

i think not.

he'd still referee in the same way.

believe it or not some of our referees are actually very good except ye're all just looking through rose tinted glasses.

but also there would have to be stringent standards in place which the refs would have to consistently meet

at EVERY premier league game there is a referees assessor who assesses the performance of the referees.

if the referees don't do the job right they can be dropped or demoted for a period of time, which does happen.

All that happens now is that referees police other referees and will not criticise one of their own

who else is going to assess our referees???

do you just go by what the fans say?????

and of course an assessor will deal with a referee who's not up to scratch.

why wouldn't he?

if a referee is deemed not up to the job he is dealt with.

Simply saying the top 50 refs are in the eL is pointless if they are not very good referees.

I know what you're saying but I was referring to 'Dublin bias' and all that malarky.

not very good referees?

they're picked in the first case because they're good referees.

oh i dunno, some people.

Would doing a course and taking up refereeing solve anything ??

yes. then you could say you were as qualified as the referee. if you refereed you could understand his job more and see what he was giving decisions for.

you would really realise whether he is a good or a bad referee
then.

only when you referee yourself first though.

Real ale Madrid
07/11/2002, 10:20 AM
There are 50 odd refs on the el panel. 27 are dubs 23 are not.

Han**** made a sham of the Bohs/City game.FOR BOTH TEAMS.

No matter how much tripe you think it is to critise genuinely poor performances it does not hide the fact that the standard of referees in the eL is not good enough. this country is trying to improve the standard of soccer. One of the switch off factors for the floating fan is poor organisation and poor officiating, if referees continue to be poor the fans simply won't keep coming.

Now we all like to have a little moan about referees from time to time (especially when a big decision goes against us) and it is also true that it is probably the most thankless job in the league the simple fact of the matter is that the standard of referees is lower than the standard of the league itself.:mad:

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Ref

at EVERY premier league game there is a referees assessor who assesses the performance of the referees.
if the referees don't do the job right they can be dropped or demoted for a period of time, which does happen.

yes. then you could say you were as qualified as the referee. if you refereed you could understand his job more and see what he was giving decisions for.
you would really realise whether he is a good or a bad referee
then.
only when you referee yourself first though.

Ref, you are talking positively the BIGGEST load of s***e I've ever seen.:mad: You're worse than a bloody sleazy Brit tabloid. Refs are like members of Government, they will absolutely NEVER criticise one another. When did you ever see a ref demoted from eL games due to consistently crap performances?
To say that someone has to be a ref before they can criticise is absolutely ridiculous. :mad: Most of us already know the rules of the game inside out, upside down and backwards. You're typical of the eejits who say you can't have an opinion on an issue just because you're not directly involved.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Ref
07/11/2002, 2:16 PM
Ref, you are talking positively the BIGGEST load of s***e I've ever seen.

of course i am :o :rolleyes:

Most of us already know the rules of the game inside out, upside down and backwards.

yeeah. most people couldn't name 10 of them, never mind know them inside out and upside down.

Refs are like members of Government, they will absolutely NEVER criticise one another.

enter the world of refereeing and you'll find otherwise.

When did you ever see a ref demoted from eL games due to consistently crap performances?

it happens. its just not made public knowledge.

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 2:27 PM
Originally posted by Ref

of course i am :o :rolleyes:

yeeah. most people couldn't name 10 of them, never mind know them inside out and upside down.

enter the world of refereeing and you'll find otherwise.

it happens. its just not made public knowledge.

1. Glad you've acknowledged you are. Admittance is the first step to recovery. On the other hand refs seem to be terminal cases.
2. Just cause people can't NAME rules doesn't mean they don't understand and can't interpret them.
3. That reiterates my earlier point. You are a s**t talking idiot who denies others an opinion on an issue purely because they lack DIRECT involvement in it.
4. I have to dispute that it does. The eL refereeing panel has remained largely the same, barring retirements, over the last number of years. This despite several refs being worthy of PERMANENT demotion from the panel. The lack of public knowledge highlights my point on refs and the Government. They are not accountable and enjoy being tucked away in their own cosy little cliques.

Murphy Out Now!!!