PDA

View Full Version : Reshuffle at the back.

Ali-G
04/11/2002, 3:27 PM
Has Gunther and everyone else forgotten that Gaz played left back for City and Rovers his entire career. No wonder he has struggled at centre half this season. I would play him at left back. He is excelent coming forward too, a great crosser of the ball. Anyone who remembers his link-up play with Ollie on the left wing for City years ago knows what I mean. Playing centre half means he cannot make those runs.
Right back: Hoggie or Greg at right back. Believe it or not, Hoggie is naturally right footed. As much as he tries, I dont think Carey is good enough for a championship side. Neither his defending or his attacking play has ever been that good.
So who to play in the centre with Murray? Obviously Napier, but he's gone for the season. Well, Deccie is over the hill, so I would rather see a younger player in there. I thought Benno played well there this season. What happened to John Andrews?

Anyone agree or completely disagree with me?

Éanna
04/11/2002, 5:56 PM
agree almost completely Ali. I´d go for a back four of
Hoggy Bennett Murray Gaz.
And then bring Napier in for Benno when he´s back.

There was another thread talking about the back four here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4672)

SÓC
04/11/2002, 10:15 PM
Carey had a great game tonight against Pats, he saved us a few times and got a few good crosses from free kicks.

Hoggie has been cought out a fair bit lately, Murray fcuked him out of it at one stage tonight.

Murray really is a solid player, hopefully we can get him to stay.

Counting Crow
04/11/2002, 11:50 PM
Carey did play well tonight.

Good for his confidence. Hope he keeps it up now.

He also headed off the line against Bohs on Friday night.

Éanna
05/11/2002, 10:08 AM
good to hear carey had a good game, maybe he´ll get some confidence back now. Murray really seems to be having an impact- anyone thing we´ll be able to hang onto him?!