PDA

View Full Version : Released Players

ShamTalk
30/11/2006, 10:59 AM
Having read about the three players just released by United, I think the biggest loss could be Nicky Curran.

I always thought he was a good attacking right full back who never got a consistent run in the side. He was a tenacious tackler and liked to bomb forward when the opportunity presented itself.

galwayhoop
30/11/2006, 11:19 AM
who else released?

gufct
30/11/2006, 11:35 AM
Nicky is a good lad never really up to el standard. He gave away a nightmare penalty in the u21 League Cup final against Cork. The Other 2 are Ryan O'Donnell who was injured since he joined and Dave Goldbey who lasted a lot longer at the club than most people expected.

There could be more to follow after 11th December.

Patrick Dunne
30/11/2006, 7:54 PM
Nicky is a good young player, but he seemed to be caught out against the
better sides - I remember him being taken to the cleaners against UCD last season. He would be a good signing for Athlone Town, he is certainly good enough for the First Division.

Dave Goldbey has always displayed a high work ethic and had one good end of season in the Premier a few years back. I suspect he will join Mervue/Galway Hibs/Salthill and easily score 20+ goals a season.

Ryan O'Donnell was injury prone and didn't display much promise when he played.
Like the above two, he's an affable character. I wish the three lads well, they are decent players who have a lot to contribute to the game.

JW.
03/12/2006, 11:06 AM
Always liked Dave Goldbey's attitude, confidence seems to be a big thing with him. I hope he gets on well from now on.

GUISAUltra
04/12/2006, 7:06 PM
Ryan actually is a very good player and i'm disappointed that he never got a proper run in the team. But being injured for the best part of the year, makes it impossible to get a constant run in the team.