PDA

View Full Version : City vs Scum

patsh
04/11/2002, 12:49 PM
Are either of the supporters clubs running transport for Friday night ?
(Is the game definitely on? "May be subject to change" according to Citynet)

fonzi
04/11/2002, 2:09 PM
anyone flying over from england?
anyone?
eh?
this is going to be a LONG Shot!

Éanna
04/11/2002, 5:47 PM
fonzi if you can sort out a lift from england, i´ll meet ya in london :)

Peadar
04/11/2002, 6:34 PM
Originally posted by fonzi
anyone flying over from england?
anyone?
eh?
this is going to be a LONG Shot!

I'll be flying from Manchester on the 15th.
Is that any good to you?

Ref
04/11/2002, 6:46 PM
Shamrock Rovers v Cork City

Is this game definitely on Friday at 7:45pm in Tolka?

I've checked a few sites, one said it's on Thursday another said Saturday?

Anyone?

fonzi
05/11/2002, 8:59 AM
im in Brighton.
but london......could do that no probs but then again ive hardly any money.

joe
05/11/2002, 5:10 PM
Originally posted by Ref

Is this game definitely on Friday at 7:45pm in Tolka?

I've checked a few sites, one said it's on Thursday another said Saturday?

Anyone?

rumour has it shams have been kicked out of tolka, though they're supposed to be playing drogheda there tonight

no mention of our game on aertel!

Ref
06/11/2002, 8:38 AM
Shamrock Rovers - v - Cork City FC

Friday 8th November 7:45pm

in RICHMOND PARK and not TOLKA

liams
06/11/2002, 11:09 AM
http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/

niamh
06/11/2002, 1:19 PM
Ah crap. My journey has now gone from a 10 minute walk to a stretch of the journey across town.

niamh
06/11/2002, 1:20 PM
And Richmond Park isn't exactly the nicest place on earth.

Éanna
06/11/2002, 1:38 PM
Originally posted by niamh
And Richmond Park isn't exactly the nicest place on earth.
inchicore is full enough of scumbags without adding rovers to the mix:rolleyes:

Colm
06/11/2002, 3:15 PM
Originally posted by Ref
Shamrock Rovers - v - Cork City FC

Friday 8th November 7:45pm

in RICHMOND PARK and not TOLKA
ah boll0x, I hate that sh!tty little ground.:(

pete
06/11/2002, 3:20 PM
Originally posted by COLM
ah boll0x, I hate that sh!tty little ground.:(

yeah and citys record (aside from last year) isn't exactely great their either.

liams
06/11/2002, 3:32 PM
how many fans will we have,what boozer beforehand

pete
06/11/2002, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by liams
how many fans will we have,what boozer beforehand

MacDowells pub is the usual spot.

Anyone brave enough to come for a quick one (might be every quick) the Horse & Jockey? ;)

Éanna
06/11/2002, 5:20 PM
Originally posted by pete
Anyone brave enough to come for a quick one (might be every quick) the Horse & Jockey? ;)
jaysus- how many bodyguards ya bringin pete boy?!

Hecko
07/11/2002, 10:12 AM
Lads,
I thought the confusion was sorted out and the game was on for Friday in Richmond, but as I was browsing the Paddy Power website this morning they have the game listed for Saturday night. I'm sure it's a mistake, but you know what they say - the bookies never get it wrong....does anyone know for definite??

BTW, I'd fancy Pats at 5/4 to beat Longford away and Man U are a steal at 11/10 against City

pete
07/11/2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Hecko
...does anyone know for definite??

It was announced after Rovers (last) game at Tolka on tuesday that tomorrows game v city would be at Richmond Park!

No reason for the move was given.

James
07/11/2002, 11:59 AM
as i'm in the pale at the moment anyone fancy some 'early' pre-match scoops ?

:) g'wan

citylove
07/11/2002, 1:52 PM
I'll be in McDowells for a couple of pre-match booze

Where in the ground should we go? When we play Pats we are usually sitting to the far left of the stand however I have been told by a rovers fan that they always sit on that side of the stand, so it looks like we will be sitting to the far right.

Casegrande
07/11/2002, 1:56 PM
Is George available again?
Who's out injured?

If we have a full squad (of players that Gunther is talking to...) I'd go with :

Devine
Carey Bennett Murray Hoggy
Greg Rennie O'Grady Warren
Flynny Goerge

I'd have Mull in before George this time (but I know it won't happen).
Woods needs a wake up call. Out.
Daly has managed to decend the team into a hoof-fest. Out.

13 games left with Gunther....

pete
07/11/2002, 2:17 PM
Originally posted by citylove
Where in the ground should we go? When we play Pats we are usually sitting to the far left of the stand however I have been told by a rovers fan that they always sit on that side of the stand, so it looks like we will be sitting to the far right.

Yeah last year was a bit of a free for all in the stand with both sets of supporters spread across the stand.

Doesn't seem to be much option besides the satnd though.

Éanna
07/11/2002, 3:23 PM
Yeah last year was a bit of a free for all in the stand with both sets of supporters spread across the stand.
yeah , the stewarding was awful for that game. Made for a few uncomfortable moments.

Troy.McClure
07/11/2002, 3:57 PM
:confused:
I thought that it added to the atmosphere, especially in the 2nd half when the Rovers fans went into the 'shed'.

I perfer being on the far side (so to speak ;) ) near that end.

Éanna
07/11/2002, 4:05 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
I thought that it added to the atmosphere, especially in the 2nd half when the Rovers fans went into the 'shed'.
Good athmosphere, but I didn´t like the fact that there was rovers fans all around me.

Hecko
07/11/2002, 4:53 PM
Don't want to alarm anyone but Richmond has turned into a right s***hole the alst few seasons with that crowd of little scobes hanging around the stand. I'm just a bit wary if some of them come down to meet their firends from Rovers on Friday with the recent hassle between Pats and the Scum...Hope i'm wrong, but the stewards at Richmond are nearly as bad as ours - (anyone remember the game last season when they tried to break up a fight between the little Pats socbes and otehr Pats fans who were trying to make them stop throwing stuff at us???)

eoinh
07/11/2002, 5:19 PM
i'm nearly certain that the city match isn't on friday night as bohs are playing shels on tv. i think its been moved, anybody know?

:confused:

joe
07/11/2002, 6:07 PM
Lads,
I thought the confusion was sorted out and the game was on for Friday in Richmond, but as I was browsing the Paddy Power website this morning they have the game listed for Saturday night. I'm sure it's a mistake, but you know what they say - the bookies never get it wrong....does anyone know for definite??

keep that one quite will ya - we'll all make a killing with bets on Saturday! what odds would you get on correct score, correct goalscoreers, correct corners, correct throw-ins, and whatever else ;)

pete
07/11/2002, 6:10 PM
Originally posted by eoinh
i'm nearly certain that the city match isn't on friday night as bohs are playing shels on tv. i think its been moved, anybody know?

Other games are often played in dublin while tv game on across the city - i have it from a rovers fan that they annouced on tuesday would be this friday so thats good enough for me...

Colm
07/11/2002, 7:36 PM

Doesn't seem to be much option besides the satnd though. I dunno, if it is a nice dry night we could go to the terrace opposite the stand. That way we would be away from the Rovers fans and the inchicore scumbags.

Peadar
07/11/2002, 8:15 PM
I was browsing the Paddy Power website this morning they have the game listed for Saturday night. I'm sure it's a mistake, but you know what they say - the bookies never get it wrong...

It's changed now, look HERE (http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=show_type_by_main_market&ev_class_id=49&id=3064&category=SOCCER)

Bohemians v Shelbourne
Eircom League Matches, 8th of November 2002 7:45pm
Verdict: Bohemians 11 - 10

UCD v Drogheda
Verdict: Draw 21 - 10

Verdict: Shamrock Rovers 6 - 4

Longford Town v St Pats
Eircom League Matches, 9th of November 2002 7:30pm
Verdict: St Pats 5 - 4

James
08/11/2002, 9:27 AM
Originally posted by Peadar
Verdict: Shamrock Rovers 6 - 4

lol no wayareshamrock rovers gona win 6-4
i mean the defence aint great at times but they aint that bad.

are they?

pete
08/11/2002, 9:32 AM
Originally posted by COLM
I dunno, if it is a nice dry night we could go to the terrace opposite the stand. That way we would be away from the Rovers fans and the inchicore scumbags.

Doesn'yt look like be "nice dry evening" unfortunately.

Neil
08/11/2002, 9:33 AM
Alan Bennett will be recalled by Cork manager Liam Murphy, who is without the suspended Alan Reynolds and the injured Donal O’Grady. Colin T. O’Brien could also come into line for a return to the starting eleven in the absence of the two midfielders.

dalo
08/11/2002, 11:16 AM
donal o'grady? not the former st finbarr's hurler

dalo
08/11/2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Éanna

Good athmosphere, but I didn´t like the fact that there was rovers fans all around me.

yeah I remember that. things were getting hostile alright. this old rover guy was telling me how nasty the atmosphere was getting and he decided to leave early. one fecker kept shouting "cork banker" into my ear- not nice at all. hopefully i will get a good seat near some of my own fans this time

still though when we won 3-1 despite being under fierce pressure at 1-1 it was a great buzz. ollie played a blinder that night. alas it was all downhill the next few months