PDA

View Full Version : The Clear Out Begins

BrayUnknowns
30/11/2006, 10:18 AM
Eddie Gormley has begun the re-building process at Bray for next season. His 1st step is to clean the squad out and make room for new signings.

100% Officially Players Gone (well according to the Bray People that is)

Terry Masterson - Released
Kieran O'Brien - Retired
Maurice Dunne - ?
Robbie Doyle - Mutual Consent
Ciaran Ryan - Released
Stephen Gifford - Released
Brian McGovern - Released
William Tyrrell - Released
Pip Keogh - Travel
Keith Keltch - Released
David Tyrrell - End of Loan

Quite a clean out so far, a few more to follow as well i would think.

superfrank
30/11/2006, 1:45 PM
I would have liked to hold onto Pip, Willy Tyrell, Giffy and even McGov.

I've no complaints with the others.

iancruickshank
30/11/2006, 9:46 PM
Excuse my ignorance, what does 'travel' relate to with Pip??

sligoman
30/11/2006, 10:14 PM
We'll take Georgescu(sp?) off ye if ya want;)

BrayUnknowns
01/12/2006, 9:40 AM
Travel means his taking a year out of football to travel.

Eoingull
01/12/2006, 3:28 PM
Didn't Paul Forsythe leave to travel a few years ago as well? I wonder what ever happened to him. I thought he was a good player.

BrayUnknowns
02/12/2006, 6:25 PM
Nah he left Ireland full stop to be with his girlfriend who was from Blackburn. Still over there and playing non league football.

BrayUnknowns
04/12/2006, 8:26 AM
We can add Mick Roche to the released list

Hulsey
04/12/2006, 10:21 AM
Knew there'd be a lot of players let go, but realeasing a large percentage of the squad without bringing in any replacements can't be a good move. What if the players they've targeted decide to go elsewhere? Could lead to an even worse season next time round!

BrayUnknowns
04/12/2006, 10:31 AM
We already have ready made replacements, who are of better quality and want to play for the club coming through form the U21 side. A lot of stories doing the rounds as usual but have heard that Steven Gough has signed from Longford and we have already held talks with Danny O'Connor (it's between us and Shamrock Rovers i think), as i said these are just stories i have heard so don't know how true they are.

I'm sure Gormley has an extensive list of players that he wants to sign up.

Hulsey
04/12/2006, 10:43 AM
Agreed that some of the 21s look like they would do a better job, but ya cant have a team of them adapting to the 1st team at the same time! Heard that bohs are close to signing franco and shams are looking for caffo back, but like yours these are just stories and might not be true. Wouldnt be suprised to see franco leave though:( ..... just please not bohs or rovers:eek:

BrayUnknowns
04/12/2006, 11:15 AM
Well if Franco does leave them who ever he goes to will be paying a fairly heafty fee for him as he has already signed back up for us. I was talking to him last week and is already looking forward to next season with us

Hulsey
04/12/2006, 1:45 PM
Thats good news. Would have been a real shame to lose him, only player who was even close to giving tresson a run for his money on the p.o.t.y. Here's hoping he stays. Anyone else ya heard thats signed up for next season?

superfrank
04/12/2006, 3:07 PM
Hopefully we'll see a lot more of Franco next season. Lest we forget, he didn't play regularly til June/July.