PDA

View Full Version : Winter Break

thedoyler
30/11/2006, 9:30 AM
Apart from the dugouts being demolished, and next season's jersey being on sale in the club shop for next season, are there any other developments happening in the near future or over the winter break?

Heard this morning we're close to signing steven gough and danny o'connor. I think they'd be perfect for what was a very shaky defence last year.

Seagull
30/11/2006, 4:02 PM
Apart from the dugouts being demolished, and next season's jersey being on sale in the club shop for next season, are there any other developments happening in the near future or over the winter break?

Heard this morning we're close to signing steven gough and danny o'connor. I think they'd be perfect for what was a very shaky defence last year.
Didn't I read in the Bray People recently that the club got another €100,000 or so which was to build dressing rooms? Will the dug-outs go to the Dart side of the field?

thedoyler
30/11/2006, 6:18 PM
In relation to the dug-outs thats what i initially thought then someone told me no that they were getting clear plastic dug-outs like the ones waterford have. I think the stand that Kilkenny have behind the goal would be perfect for bray, it has dugouts and a tunnel. It seats roughly 1,000 people aswell, i suggested this to people at the club and they said they'd look into it, what does anyone else think?

Stevo Da Gull
05/12/2006, 4:07 PM
I think the stand that Kilkenny have behind the goal would be perfect for bray, it has dugouts and a tunnel. It seats roughly 1,000 people aswell, i suggested this to people at the club and they said they'd look into it, what does anyone else think?

That seems a great idea to me, that stand is fantastic (dug-outs behind the goal though?). As long as its not out of our price range I'd love to see us go for it!

AFAIK the dressing-rooms are the top-priority at the moment along with the dug-outs.

thedoyler
05/12/2006, 6:52 PM
I was hoping someone else thought it was a good idea I may suggest it again, i think that stand would be perfect for us, i cant see how kilkenny could afford something that we couldnt thats why i thought it was feasible, as they have literally no money to spend on anything.

Superhoops
09/12/2006, 8:28 AM
In relation to the dug-outs thats what i initially thought then someone told me no that they were getting clear plastic dug-outs like the ones waterford have. I think the stand that Kilkenny have behind the goal would be perfect for bray, it has dugouts and a tunnel. It seats roughly 1,000 people aswell, i suggested this to people at the club and they said they'd look into it, what does anyone else think?
I thought the dug outs were staying where they were and that they were going to drop them down to below pitch level so they would not obscure the view from the stand.

Green&whitearmy
12/12/2006, 12:54 PM
Has anything been done to the ground yet, alot of the stuff should start now, is there any dates on when the work will start, dugouts etc?

I heard that the roof of the press box was blown off and lay behind the stand, it could be just someone trying to tell them to put the roof up now or else somone just giving them a hand. I wouldnt mind helping to take the dugouts out, just give me a sledge hammer and leave me there for about an hour or so, there would be nothing left of them.

thedoyler
12/12/2006, 4:28 PM
I wonder would the club allow volunteers to help them get ready for the new season, i heard they need new seats on the dart side. It would save them a lot of money if people offered to help move the old ones. Id help lift them, or any other jobs that i could save money on. Just an idea, maybe that could be the way the club reaches out to the local community, by letting them get involved in projects?

KR's Post
12/12/2006, 4:43 PM
I was hoping someone else thought it was a good idea I may suggest it again, i think that stand would be perfect for us, i cant see how kilkenny could afford something that we couldnt thats why i thought it was feasible, as they have literally no money to spend on anything.

Kilkenny's stand was paid for by the FAI because several under age internationals were held there. Tarz

BrayZil
12/12/2006, 10:05 PM
Has anything been done to the ground yet, alot of the stuff should start now, is there any dates on when the work will start, dugouts etc?

I heard that the roof of the press box was blown off and lay behind the stand, it could be just someone trying to tell them to put the roof up now or else somone just giving them a hand. I wouldnt mind helping to take the dugouts out, just give me a sledge hammer and leave me there for about an hour or so, there would be nothing left of them.

Yea I heard about the roof of the press box but its being repaired at the moment. Work has also started on the new dug outs.

BrayZil
12/12/2006, 10:09 PM
I wonder would the club allow volunteers to help them get ready for the new season, i heard they need new seats on the dart side. It would save them a lot of money if people offered to help move the old ones. Id help lift them, or any other jobs that i could save money on. Just an idea, maybe that could be the way the club reaches out to the local community, by letting them get involved in projects?

They normally do something like that every year AFAIK. Its normally a few weeks before the season starts when the weather is better people from the supporters club come down to the grounds and help out with a few odd jobs like painting etc. I would have thought they'll probably do it again next year

braysnumber1
18/12/2006, 4:43 PM
kilkennys stand wud be deadly down the carlisle. but i'd say they'd prob go for another marquee stand. one of them is ok as a temporary measure but 2 of them wud be a joke.......
need to get dugouts and roof over red seat site done first.

dublinwanderer
19/12/2006, 3:35 PM
just been down to the carlisle, dugouts have been removed completely, and new roof been put on the press box. was hoping for more work to have been done but hey its a start.

Green&whitearmy
09/01/2007, 12:44 PM
I was in the club today and saw that work has started on the dugouts, the builders are in digging out the hole in the ground where the new dugouts will be put, hopefully that will not be the only work happening in the club before the seaon starts. A roof over the red seats would be nice, but we cant get everything at once.