PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup Final - all league teams to parade?

khoop
29/11/2006, 8:45 PM
Maybe I just had a bad dream - but I could swear that I heard it announced on RTE radio a couple of days ago that ALL eircom league teams will parade on the pitch before the FAI Cup Final.

Is such an infantile idea possible???

Is this how Delaney thinks that he can increase the attendance???

Frankly - if I were an eircom league manager, I would either ignore the plan - or send the under 16s along for a free day out.

But then maybe I was only dreaming...

:confused:

micls
29/11/2006, 8:46 PM
I'd say you were dreaming. anyway most of our team is on holidays

Peadar
29/11/2006, 8:47 PM
Sure some players are out of contract and don't have a team. Perhaps they'll wave a flag for every team. Might add a bit of colour to the Pats section. :D

oriel
29/11/2006, 8:53 PM
The FAI are making a presentation to our 1981 cup winning side before or at half time, must be something they do for the 25th anniversary for all cup winners, no idea if any other club being presented, this was on our website.

pete
29/11/2006, 9:29 PM
The FAI are making a presentation to our 1981 cup winning side before or at half time,

I knew it, another consolation prize for not getting FAI invite to new league... :p

Celdrog
30/11/2006, 12:37 PM
I knew it, another consolation prize for not getting FAI invite to new league... :p
:D :D

oriel
01/12/2006, 8:18 AM
Celdrog, I`ll tell you what was funny.

This was the team that lost 1-2 on agg to Spurs in europe that season, a drog by the name of Mick Fairclough equalising in oriel pk, even funnier the same spurs team beat drogs 6-0 and 8-0 exactly 12 months later in the uefa cup.

Oucccch

DmanDmythDledge
01/12/2006, 11:35 AM
The FAI are making a presentation to our 1981 cup winning side before or at half time, must be something they do for the 25th anniversary for all cup winners, no idea if any other club being presented, this was on our website.
81 cup winners this year, 82 next year, etc.