PDA

View Full Version : Checking in online with aerlingus

Cosmo
29/11/2006, 7:04 PM
Anyone done it recently?

From reading their website you must only have carry on luggage to be able to do this? However a mate is insisting that you can book your seats online and still hand in your bag at the check in desk?

(pain in the hole being allowed to bring fcuk all fluids and having to check in the bags :mad: )

micls
29/11/2006, 7:11 PM
Anyone done it recently?

From reading their website you must only have carry on luggage to be able to do this? However a mate is insisting that you can book your seats online and still hand in your bag at the check in desk?

(pain in the hole being allowed to bring fcuk all fluids and having to check in the bags :mad: )

In Cork anyway theres a self check in machine thing for thoe who booked online. The you go to a quicker line(bag and tag i think it called) just to drop off the bags.

Cosmo
29/11/2006, 7:32 PM
In Cork anyway theres a self check in machine thing for thoe who booked online. The you go to a quicker line(bag and tag i think it called) just to drop off the bags.

Cant see anything about it on their site. Heres a quote from the web check in section :( :

'Web Check-in is available for passengers with cabin baggage only'

wws
29/11/2006, 7:33 PM
yeah use the bag and tag

check the site though as online check in and bag and tag aint available on all routes

i used it at the w/e to the uk - but u cant use it on the return flite - i had cabin baggage onl;y

micls
29/11/2006, 7:37 PM
It was available to and from Rome but not sure about other flights.

We didnt know about it til we got to the airport and a assisstant type peron showed us

Peadar
29/11/2006, 10:06 PM
We didnt know about it til we got to the airport and a assisstant type peron showed us

That's not the same thing as online check-in.
At the airport, you can check yourself in but you also get the option to specify how many bags you wish to check-in.
Then there's a "Bag Drop" desk, where they tag your bags and put them on the belt. I'm not sure that this is available online but there's certainly no obvious reason why it couldn't be.

wws
29/11/2006, 10:35 PM
aerlingus

Save yourself time at the airport and check-in online from the comfort of your home or office.

Web Check-in is available for passengers with cabin baggage only and on all routes except those specified below.

Web Check-in is not yet available for:

1. Travel from Continental Europe to Ireland.
2. Travel from Bristol, Newcastle, Manchester or Edinburgh to Ireland.

Note

* You can check-in online 30 hours in advance (24 hours in advance to/from USA) and up to 2 hours before your scheduled departure time.
* Web Check-in allows you to print your boarding pass. To do so you must have Adobe Acrobat reader. Download here.
* Seats are automatically assigned for all passengers, and in groups of 6 or less, seats are assigned together where possible. To change your seats, click the 'Change Seats' button on the 'Seating' page.
* Passengers travelling from the USA with Web boarding passes must present themselves at the dedicated Web check-in counter at the airport at least 45 minutes prior to their scheduled departure time.

BohsPartisan
29/11/2006, 11:39 PM
Cant see anything about it on their site. Heres a quote from the web check in section :( :

'Web Check-in is available for passengers with cabin baggage only'

Its not that hard. Just use the check in machines there. Bag and Tag. Easy Peasy. Takes two minutes.