PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in the Cross

decky mac
03/11/2002, 1:53 PM
Im going to the Cross for a long time now and have seen most
things both good and bad happen out there eg the championship success and the use of a plank of wood for a stretcher!.Its acknowlledged that we hate rovers cause there scum and generally we give every opposing side a rough time down here.But up until this season its always been done in a manner that was just about acceptable that was until this season.Im not even going to go into the Tony O Dowd incident as any right minded individual knows that that was the sickest thing that has happened in the cross since the gates were first opened out there.But outside of that there have been a numberof other incidents involving these allaged supporters,after the shel$ game with ollie cahill and a couple of games where they have run on the pitch and approached the away fans section looking for trouble most notably after the rovers game.These guys arent fans they are trouble makers who are starting to give the club a bad name and its up to lennox and the club to start doing something about them before we have some serious trouble.Rovers have a reputation as scum and trouble but if we leave this crowd continue on thier way then we as a club are going to be tarred with the brush and lennoxs dream of a family orientated club will be gone down the swanny ! ACT NOW

Éanna
04/11/2002, 10:02 AM
It´s not fair to tar them all with the same brush. Like every section of the city support they have good and bad elements. Anyone causing trouble should be kicked out, regardless of where they are or who they are.

Neil
04/11/2002, 10:11 AM
I was in the stand there once and I heard a young fella shout monkey noises at Wes Charles. So is everyone who sits in the stand a racist?

It's risiculous to say about the corner boys: "These guys arent fans they are trouble makers who are starting to give the club a bad name"

Shed End John
04/11/2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Neil
It's risiculous to say about the corner boys: "These guys arent fans they are trouble makers who are starting to give the club a bad name"

What's ridiculous, Neil, is to say that. It's clear as the nose on your face that they have troublesome elements in their ranks along with those who are genuinely passionate about CCFC. I say kick out the troublemakers and keep the X for the real fans.

Murphy Out Now!!!
McCarthy Out Now!!!

Neil
04/11/2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
they have troublesome elements in their ranks along with those who are genuinely passionate about CCFC.

Are you not just reiterating my point? Read it again!

Shed End John
04/11/2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Neil

Are you not just reiterating my point? Read it again!

No, read MY post again. I am differentiating between those who are troublemakers and those who are genuine fans. I am not saying in any way that all of them are to blame or are blameless.

Murphy Out Now!!!
McCarthy Out Now!!!

Éanna
04/11/2002, 1:15 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
No, read MY post again. I am differentiating between those who are troublemakers and those who are genuine fans. I am not saying in any way that all of them are to blame or are blameless.

You ARE reiterating the point again. His point was that it´s unfair to point at one particular group of supporters (i.e. the Corner Boys) for being scumbags or whatever, when every section has it´s share of undesirables.

Colm
04/11/2002, 3:27 PM
Yeah, I don't think its fair to tar them all with the same brush. You could go to any section in any ground and you will find a few idiots. Its unfair to say that the corner boys are all scum just as it would be unfair to say that everyone in the shed or in the stand is scum.
Im totally in favour of banning the troublemakers but you have to remember that its a minority who are causing the hassle.

Gary
05/11/2002, 2:12 PM
What the hell are you on about Shed end John?????????????????????????????????????????

Éanna
05/11/2002, 2:20 PM
Originally posted by GWA
What the hell are you on about Shed end John?????????????????????????????????????????
there's more than you wondering GWA, believe me

Colm
05/11/2002, 2:23 PM
Ok, i was talking to one of the corner boys before the game last night and he said that those behind the O'Dowd thing were two fellas who he'd never seen at a match before.

After some of the stuff that went on in the shed last night I think that the corner boys are getting an unneccessary amount of stick.
The amount of little knacker kids in the shed last night was unreal, they pulled down one of the flags and threw bottles on a number of occasions. A few of us nearly lost the rag with them a couple of times. I told one of them to just watch the match and he said if you wanted to to watch the match you should be in the stand, that pretty much sums it up.
If that wasnt bad enough there were two rival gangs of youngfellas about 15/16ish waiting to fight each other after the game.
These are the kind of people we dont need at city games.

Gary
05/11/2002, 2:24 PM
And where were the stewards while all this was happening COLM???????

Éanna
05/11/2002, 2:26 PM
Originally posted by GWA
And where were the stewards while all this was happening COLM???????
no doubt scratching their holes standing by the chip vans :rolleyes:
the club HAS to be firmer on this crap.

Colm
05/11/2002, 2:34 PM
Originally posted by GWA
And where were the stewards while all this was happening COLM??????? nowhere to be seen, I think I saw about 4/5 stewards in total last night and most of them were by the 20 or so Pats fans.:rolleyes:
Two of us went about getting a steward at the back of the shed at half time but we didnt have much luck. Lennox needs to sort this sh!t out, there were youngfellas there last night with no interest in the match who were only looking for trouble.

Shed End John
05/11/2002, 3:57 PM
Originally posted by COLM
. You could go to any section in any ground and you will find a few idiots.

Exactly. Especially in the Shed last night. Little *******s tearing the flags down for fun, and their voices haven't even broken yet!

Murphy Out Now!!!

Counting Crow
05/11/2002, 9:34 PM
Did anyone see who threw the bottle at the Pat's goal in the first half last night?

It went threw the net and landed near the 6 yard line.

Worrying to see this creeping back in when other aspets are begining to come right.

hoofball
06/11/2002, 7:55 AM
There were some kids in the Derrynane road side throwin' chips at the linesman, and one of em threw an empty bottle at one of the Pat's players (can't remember who) when he was taking a throw in the 2nd half, hit him as well coz he turned around and had a look at the bottle then the crowd......big time lack of stewards there on Monday...I was in a different end and I could see the little feckers throwing the stuff.....

patsh
06/11/2002, 7:58 AM
Yeah there were very few stewards there on monday night. The Gardai as usual had a nice evening, paid for by us, standing chatting and looking at the match, and of course doing sweet f*ckall about any gurriers....:(

Éanna
06/11/2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
Yeah there were very few stewards there on monday night. The Gardai as usual had a nice evening, paid for by us, standing chatting and looking at the match, and of course doing sweet f*ckall about any gurriers....:(
this looks like it´s getting out of hand again. The club MUST stand up and be counted on this.

Brotus
06/11/2002, 1:55 PM
Ya, must agree. The amount of kids at the back of the shed just looking for trouble is unreal. They be throwing bottles for the full
90 min's, If not on to the pitch then at those in the front of the shed. For the game against Boh's there was 1 guard there standing at the back corner, who did'nt move until some young fella lit a flare and started going mental. The guard took it of him and was so f*ckin' stupid he could'nt quench it.(respect to Moses who gave up him bottle of 7up to do so). More stewards would be a help to kick those *******s out.

Real ale Madrid
06/11/2002, 2:10 PM
I remember when Ireland U19 played the dutch, there was a steward every few yards all the way along the ground at the end! Where have all those lads gone, they were hardly flown in special for the game like.

People have to stop throwing things onto the pitch. It will only take some player to go down after being hit by a bottle and the club will face points deducted.

The problems are going to get worse until the club sort it out otherwise the team will pay the ultimate price.

hoofball
06/11/2002, 2:46 PM
Agree with ya there. All it could take is the ref or someone to spot it and include in their report and we'd be done for. I think the club knows full well that's it's going on, sure what else is Lennox referring to in his last few messages in the programmes.....

Until they start slinging those at it out of the ground it's gonna keep happening unfortunately. Problem is, what steward is going to go into the back of the shed to haul some kid out from the middle of a crowd of 'em? I know it's their job, but I deffo wouldn't fancy doing it. What I can't understand is why these people (not fans) just go to games to act the ******......

Éanna
06/11/2002, 2:52 PM
Originally posted by hoofball
Problem is, what steward is going to go into the back of the shed to haul some kid out from the middle of a crowd of 'em? I know it's their job, but I deffo wouldn't fancy doing it.
If I was convinced that the stewards would act, I would be more than willing to help them- and I´m not the only one.

hoofball
06/11/2002, 3:05 PM
I'd give 'em a hand as well.....meant to say above that I wouldn't fancy trying it on me tod.....

The sooner that type are gone the better though......

Colm
06/11/2002, 3:07 PM
Originally posted by hoofball
Problem is, what steward is going to go into the back of the shed to haul some kid out from the middle of a crowd of 'em? I know it's their job, but I deffo wouldn't fancy doing it. Well I felt like kicking a couple of little scumbags out myself the other night, but who'd have been in trouble then?
If I saw a youngfella throwing a bottle of starting a fight or whatever i'd be more than happy to point hi out to a steward if I thought the steward would be bothered to take action.
One or two stewards just to stand at the back of the shed is all we need.

Éanna
06/11/2002, 6:22 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Well I felt like kicking a couple of little scumbags out myself the other night, but who'd have been in trouble then?

damned if ya do, damned if ya don´t................ :rolleyes:

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Éanna

If I was convinced that the stewards would act, I would be more than willing to help them- and I´m not the only one.

Count me in on that one. As you said the club must stand up and be counted. But, the hardest thing to do is look in the mirror, accept that you don't like what you see, and change it! Very doubtful if the club has that much balls.

Murphy Out Now!!!

thecorner
07/11/2002, 11:30 PM
as ye know the cornernboys r tryibg to get things going in the cross again. i do condone the o'dowd incident. get the scum out. i mean like we r next to the family enclosure and they geys a great laugh off us and enjoy us

ian
08/11/2002, 7:56 AM
I am with you on that one The corner.And you will all way's come up agenst some little bit of scum but the corner is not a bad place to watch a game of football.

hoofball
08/11/2002, 8:05 AM
Yeah, I think the thread title may be a bit confusing now, as the discussion moved onto something else in the middle of the thread.....I don't think any of the last number of posts are to do with the corner boys......

fonzi
08/11/2002, 8:49 AM
yeah, that was a disgrace.

decky mac
09/11/2002, 4:25 PM
I have to admit that every section of the cross has its troublemakers my original point was that it seemed to be an organised and planned effort from the corner.If im wrong then i dont mind apoligising but i dont think i am.As for the shed last mon nite i was in there and all the pushing and shoving was done by a group of 14 to 16 yr old scum who need to be sorted out and gotten rid of fast.That is Lennoxs job and the issue of stewarding is now becoming a very big one in the cross,if city arent willing to look after stewarding in the shed then it may be time to start sorting it out ourselves

ollie
10/11/2002, 11:44 AM
what about only selling cans inside the ground.:confused:

joe
10/11/2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by ollie
what about only selling cans inside the ground.:confused:

AFAIK UEFA outlawed that a few years back - which would you prefer to be hit with, metal or plastic?

TommyT
11/11/2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by decky mac
we give every opposing side a rough time down here.But up until this season its always been done in a manner that was just about acceptable that was until this season.NOW

Listen lads I don't mean to cause massive offence but going on coversations with Rovers,Bohs (casual and otherwise on both sides), Pats and Shels fans the Cross is the worst ground for trouble in the League and has been since the mid-nineties.

Éanna
11/11/2002, 9:45 AM
Originally posted by TommyT
Listen lads I don't mean to cause massive offence but going on coversations with Rovers,Bohs (casual and otherwise on both sides), Pats and Shels fans the Cross is the worst ground for trouble in the League and has been since the mid-nineties.
yeah sure it is. Get out of that. I accept there´s trouble at the cross but the wholesale intimidation of away fans that goes on in dublin is much worse.

ollie
11/11/2002, 9:48 AM
theres a total lack of security in and around the ground.they think people will act like people do at gaa matches which would be nice but it doesnt happen like that with soccer

Schumi
11/11/2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by TommyT
Couldn't agree with that. The 3 times I've been in the Cross, I've had no problems (well not with the fans anyway:rolleyes: ). Pats, Rovers and $hels (esp. Rovers) games have the most intimidatery (not in a good way) atmosphere.