PDA

View Full Version : SWAI Website of the Year

Gareth
29/11/2006, 10:50 AM
The Soccerwriters’ Association of Ireland have nominated Cork City website, Dundalk website and ShelsWeb for the inaugural SWAI Website of the Year Award.

Personally I think its cool we have some form of award for websites now.

Philly
29/11/2006, 12:38 PM
I'd go for ShelsWeb. Those video highlights and live updates were a great idea.

pete
29/11/2006, 12:45 PM
ShelsWeb & CorkCityfc.ie would be favourites. Can't see Dundalk winning unelss as sympathy vote for next getting Super League invite.

Philly
29/11/2006, 1:40 PM
I'm against Cork City's one. They wouldn't send me a confirmation email to join their forum. Boohooo.

Peadar
29/11/2006, 2:52 PM
I'm against Cork City's one. They wouldn't send me a confirmation email to join their forum. Boohooo.

You can't use Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc. Just like you can't use them on here.

Good luck to the three website teams.
Cork City FC has got deserving recognition before and Gareth has done great work on Shelsweb.

Philly
29/11/2006, 3:00 PM
I don't use the aforementioned e-mail providers. I'm going to assume it is because I listed my team as KCFC and you guys don't want outsiders reading about your secret plans and the likes.

Dodge
29/11/2006, 3:01 PM
Dundalk's is great in fairnesss Pete. Shels would be favourites though. Not a huge fan of Cork's website. Rovers and Pats are decent and Bohs is improving fast. Most clubs now do video highlights now

WeAreRovers
29/11/2006, 3:02 PM
No mention of the Press Officer of the Year nominations? ;)

KOH

Peadar
29/11/2006, 3:13 PM
I'm going to assume it is because I listed my team as KCFC and you guys don't want outsiders reading about your secret plans and the likes.

That's a ridiculous assumption to make.
Dodge and Co. are all registered.
We even tolerate the odd drog! :D

Dodge
29/11/2006, 3:17 PM
You're not missing anything. Dregs of the internet dregs post there....

Peadar
29/11/2006, 3:36 PM
Dregs of the internet dregs post there....

Don't be so hard on yourself, oh Dodgy one! :D

Dodge
29/11/2006, 3:40 PM
And peadar's about the best of them. says it all really....

Magicme
29/11/2006, 4:38 PM
No mention of the Press Officer of the Year nominations? ;)

KOH

Did ur guy get a nomination? Cant rem his name.

Do u know what other categories there are and if its just LOI stuff??

WeAreRovers
29/11/2006, 5:21 PM
Did ur guy get a nomination? Cant rem his name.

Do u know what other categories there are and if its just LOI stuff??

John Byrne and yes he did indeed. Haven't a clue about other categories and come to think of it he may just have made up his own nomination. ;)

KOH

Magicme
29/11/2006, 5:24 PM
Good on him, a good skin John.

Dodge
29/11/2006, 5:33 PM
Is he alowed vote for himself?

Conor H
29/11/2006, 5:34 PM
Not blowing the GUFC horn are anything but the UTD one is definitely up there now after getting a face lift during the season.Well done to all the other Clubs.

WeAreRovers
29/11/2006, 5:53 PM
Is he alowed vote for himself?

Sssshhh!!!

KOH

Peadar
29/11/2006, 5:56 PM
John Byrne and yes he did indeed.

Fix! :D

Billy Lord
29/11/2006, 7:00 PM
No he didn't!

Schumi
29/11/2006, 9:13 PM
the UTD one is definitely up there now after getting a face lift during the season.Your press officer? :D

The Stars
29/11/2006, 9:52 PM
Shels web for me, Gareth has done a fantastic job there.

ndrog
30/11/2006, 11:27 AM
I don't use the aforementioned e-mail providers. I'm going to assume it is because I listed my team as KCFC and you guys don't want outsiders reading about your secret plans and the likes.

Dont bother Philly its full of kids who just abuse anyone not from cork.

Maz
30/11/2006, 12:01 PM
Id go for Shels also. Endless work being done by Gareth and really enjoy the clips, interviews and updates

John83
30/11/2006, 12:18 PM
Dundalk's is great in fairnesss Pete. Shels would be favourites though. Not a huge fan of Cork's website.
Agreed. Shelsweb should walk this, IMO. Excellent content and layout. Fair dues to Dundalk for that site though - I hadn't looked at it before, but it's very good.

Gareth
30/11/2006, 12:26 PM
Just to say, the team content and stats are getting a big once over, so don't take the cureent stats on the site as fact. I have already started to move them so they are wrong.

Thanks lads for the comments. Dundalk have done a great job. I will look around it more later, but for now, we are doing a big job over the close season so hopefully we wuill be much improved. As I said on Shels forum, the site is at 30% what I want it to be.

Calcio Jack
30/11/2006, 1:01 PM
[QUOTE=Billy Lord;583851]No he didn't!

Oh yes he did... looks like the Xmas panto season has started !!

Philly
30/11/2006, 5:03 PM
Just to say, the team content and stats are getting a big once over, so don't take the cureent stats on the site as fact. I have already started to move them so they are wrong.

Thanks lads for the comments. Dundalk have done a great job. I will look around it more later, but for now, we are doing a big job over the close season so hopefully we wuill be much improved. As I said on Shels forum, the site is at 30% what I want it to be.

New feature on Shels Web just announced:

Buy new ciggies for half of the price you pay for them in shops. Ollie's Online Cigarette Outlet - They even buy 'em in from Croatia so you don't have to read those silly government warnings.

:p

passerrby
30/11/2006, 5:13 PM
a lot of great websites in the league the eircom league site could learn from the pupils

DmanDmythDledge
30/11/2006, 6:28 PM
Shelsweb is by far the best content wise. Bohs and Galway have the best looking sites.

GavinZac
30/11/2006, 6:58 PM

the forum software does that automatically, chances are its in your spam folder. contact the admin and he can admit you personally.

Philly
30/11/2006, 7:18 PM
:p
the forum software does that automatically, chances are its in your spam folder. contact the admin and he can admit you personally.

I use mail.com.

Mail.com doesn't have a spam filter. Actually, I'm quite certain they sell my e-mail addess to third parties! Awful service but the only e-mail address I could find that is just my first name without any numbers or anything.

So, the anti-KCFC fan policy of Cork City is well and truly foiled. :p

DmanDmythDledge
30/11/2006, 7:42 PM
You can't use Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc.
I used Gmail!

micls
30/11/2006, 7:43 PM
I used Gmail!

It's only a recent development afaik. I signed up with one of those too