PDA

View Full Version : Ashamed

Pages : [1] 2

Paddyfield
28/11/2006, 9:32 PM
What CD's do you have in your collection that you would hide from your friends/family but you really love the music?

I will kick it off:
I have a Pet Shop Boys album called Disco that I really enjoy. There you go, I've said it.

My name is Paddy Field* and I've got a Pet Shop Boys CD.

*Fortunately, my name isn't really Paddy Field so I can get away with it.

Magicme, I bet you have the Bros collection:rolleyes:

Dodge
28/11/2006, 9:36 PM
Does it count if its your girlfriends?

BohsPartisan
28/11/2006, 10:43 PM
I'm not ashamed of anything I listen to though there are one or two things that some people think I should be ashamed of. Early Michael Jackson stuff maybe. Ms. Dynamite. One of my fav bands of all time were The Style Council. A lot of people just don't get them.

Pauro 76
29/11/2006, 8:12 AM
Ashamed of? Probably my Limp Bizkit phase. a while ago I realise that Limp Bizkit were horrific and i was old enough to know better.

noby
29/11/2006, 8:27 AM
I would be ashamed if I didn't have some early Jackson stuff, BP.

el punter
29/11/2006, 8:28 AM
I've got Joss Stone & The Street's first albums. If anyone has anything remotely interesting they want to swap for them I'm all ears because I'll never play them again!

gustavo
29/11/2006, 8:43 AM
I wouldnt be ashamed of it but others would want me to be and would give me slagging for liking the music of Justin Timberlake.

BohsPartisan
29/11/2006, 8:48 AM
I wouldnt be ashamed of it but others would want me to be and would give me slagging for liking the music of Justin Timberlake.

Yeah thats crossing the line alright.

endabob1
29/11/2006, 8:54 AM
I have the first Alanis Morisette CD, I would try and pass it off as the wife's but she has her own copy!!!!

noby
29/11/2006, 8:56 AM
That's ironic.

BohsPartisan
29/11/2006, 8:59 AM
That's ironic.

What would be ironic would be they both bought it for each other as they thought eachother would like it but they both hated it and then realised they didn't really know each other and it made them question their relationship and get divorced and then he married Alanis Morrisette.

Dodge
29/11/2006, 9:09 AM
I'm a pop fan so a load of my taste wouldn't be seen as cool. Pop as in Brand New Radicals rather than Westlife. MP3s are great for that. I've a Justin Timberlake song on it, Ms Dodge has his album but there's only one track I'd listen to.

noby
29/11/2006, 9:18 AM
What would be ironic would be they both bought it for each other as they thought eachother would like it but they both hated it and then realised they didn't really know each other and it made them question their relationship and get divorced and then he married Alanis Morrisette.
I was going more for Morrisette style irony, as in not at all.

Like Dodge, I do like a sprinkling of pop, and disco, so I won't be ashamed by any ABBA/Erasure/PSB/Madonna type fluff in my collection.

There are albums, like Seahorses, that I bought, hoping they would be something that they were never going to be. Whilst I don't dig them out too often, ashamed would be too strong a word.

BohsPartisan
29/11/2006, 9:25 AM
There are albums, like Seahorses, that I bought, hoping they would be something that they were never going to be. Whilst I don't dig them out too often, ashamed would be too strong a word.

Ocean Colour Scene - Mosely Shoals would fall into that category for me. Also Menswear's album Nuisance (which has two or three decent tunes I suppose).

stann
29/11/2006, 10:36 AM
Like a few above I'm not ashamed of anything I can think of off hand, though I do often have to justify my couple of All Saints albums to various deviants and philistines.

Vinyl though, that's a completely different story. Just as well it's a CD-only thread! :eek: :D

Schumi
29/11/2006, 10:44 AM
What would be ironic would be they both bought it for each other as they thought eachother would like it but they both hated it and then realised they didn't really know each other and it made them question their relationship and get divorced and then he married Alanis Morrisette.Only if it rai-ee-ained the day he married her.

Lim till i die
29/11/2006, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty sure I could dig out my Dustin the Turkey album if I looked hard enough :p

endabob1
29/11/2006, 11:23 AM
Only if it rai-ee-ained the day he married her.

Fortunately we got married in 35 degree heat on a wine estate near Cape Town, not a cloud in the sky, some black flies in the Chardonnay though :D

BohsPartisan
29/11/2006, 11:37 AM
Its like black flies in your Chardonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

Yeah, could work

BohsPartisan
29/11/2006, 11:38 AM
I'm pretty sure I could dig out my Dustin the Turkey album if I looked hard enough :p

My cousin who is an occassional visiter here (AKA Drogman) had PJ & Duncan - Psyche and he still claims he's not ashamed of that!

Lim till i die
29/11/2006, 11:40 AM
My cousin who is an occassional visiter here (AKA Drogman) had PJ & Duncan - Psyche and he still claims he's not ashamed of that!

:eek: :D

In my defence at least I was only about seven when I got that dustin album :p

noby
29/11/2006, 11:53 AM
I think even PJ and Duncan are ashamed of that. Sure didn't they change their names and all.

Schumi
29/11/2006, 12:05 PM
My cousin who is an occassional visiter here (AKA Drogman) had PJ & Duncan - Psyche and he still claims he's not ashamed of that!Ouch! I think we may have a winner. :D

drinkfeckarse
29/11/2006, 12:46 PM
I have the first Alanis Morisette CD,

Jagged Little Pill? I have that too but that's nothing at all to be ashamed about. Look into most "Top 100 albums" lists and that'll be on it.

I have everything from The Corrs, Christy Moore, The Chieftains to The Prodigy, Oasis, The Cranberries to Linkin Park, Metallica, Megadeth etc. Struggling to think of something I'm actually ashamed of though...

drinkfeckarse
29/11/2006, 12:48 PM
Oh wait. I have a Celine Dion cd. :o I can't say I've listened to it in years but I am ashamed to have bought it. :o

You'll struggle to beat that one lads :D

Lionel Ritchie
29/11/2006, 1:24 PM
I'm not ashamed of ANY records in my collection but the ones that would raise eyebrows on those who think they know I listen to nothing but guitar driven Indie/punk/metal/half man half biscuit would include (...eyebrows raised in "Wow maybe he's raving gay" mode)

*ABBA - Arrival (LP)
*Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You (CD-single)
*Bronski Beat - Hit That Perfect Beat (7" Single)
*Man 2 Man Meets Man Parrish - Male Stripper (7" Single)
*pretty much everything Frankie Goes To Hollywood ever released

followed by...
(...eyebrows raised in "that was only popular for five minutes" mode)

*Donovan - What's Been Did Whats Been Hid ...and several others - I LOVE Donovan. (LPs)
*Dr. & The Medics - Laughing at the Pieces, I Keep Thinking it's Tuesday etc... love the Medics too. (LPs)
*Cliff Richard and The Young Ones -Living Doll ...well it was a charity release.

Closest I've come to truly regreting buying a record is 'P.H.U.Q.' by the Wildhearts - a record of such decrepit awfulness that it defies description beyond saying most of it sounds like Def Leppard with a two armed drummer. Yes ...it's that bad.

BohsPartisan
29/11/2006, 2:08 PM
Ouch! I think we may have a winner. :D

Hopefully this will make him ashamed! ;)

First
29/11/2006, 4:19 PM
aqua - barbie girl. Bought the single to wreck peoples heads at parties, but strangely it has the complete opposite effect especially with a roomful of drunken girls. I am ashamed but its still going to come out for the Christmas period;)

Magicme
29/11/2006, 4:54 PM
Oi Paddyfield.....wash ur mouth out! I was never into Bros. At that stage of my life I was into FYC.

I dont think I have anything I would be ashamed of in my collection but then maybe some people dont really like Andrew LLoyd Webber. Have a few cds of his stuff.

Worst CD I ever bought tho is a close call between Skid Row (american rockers not Brush Shields) and a Bon Jovi one but I was only about 11 yrs old.

steno
30/11/2006, 9:00 PM
I have three nickelback cds, a goo goo dolls, and a einem cd hidden away somewhere where hopefully they will never see the light of day ever

Dr.Nightdub
30/11/2006, 9:37 PM
I know Kula Shakur's first album is in my CD rack and I still can't figure out what possessed me.

Pauro 76
01/12/2006, 9:12 AM
I know Kula Shakur's first album is in my CD rack and I still can't figure out what possessed me.

yeah that one was one lurking in the depths. why......what language was your man Crispian Mills singing anyway? A “Hi-Fi Serious” was another one. Ok enough at the time but a puzzzle as to why i actually bought it. Incidentally the best man at my brother’s wedding, is a huge fan of Westlife and doesnt deny it. and he’s not in that way inclined either!

the 12 th man
01/12/2006, 9:50 AM
You'll struggle to beat that one lads :D

A buddy of mine thought it would be a great idea to buy me a..

Declan Nerney CD:eek:

gustavo
01/12/2006, 10:05 AM

Some good tunes on that though!

sadloserkid
01/12/2006, 1:20 PM
Hmmm... there's a few.

The Best of Europe. Still love the solo in 'The Final Countdown' but I will concede that it's an awful lot of tripe overall. I've another few **** rock CDs floating about too. I must be the youngest person on earth to own 4 Def Leppard albums.

EMF - Schubert Dip. Actually I still think that's the business. So scratch that one.

And now for the nuclear option...

Joshua Kadison - Painted Desert Serenade... I win right? What do I get? The only defence I can offer is that I was playing in a punk band at the time who wanted to murder 'Jessie' in a 90 second cover... I have several terrible singles for the same reason.

Also whoever mentioned the Goo Goo Dolls (a Kildare fan I think) should have their ears removed. Super band, been around since the mid 80s and while they've mellowed somewhat of late the boy Rzeznik can still write a good tune. They're the business live too.

Anyway, Joshua Kadison... beat that if you can. :)

noby
01/12/2006, 2:22 PM
Anyway, Joshua Kadison... beat that if you can.

you beat it in your own post:

4 Def Leppard albums

Oops, wrong thread...

Pauro 76
01/12/2006, 2:29 PM
not quite as embarassing but i did like it at the time. The Darkness - Permission to Land, funny how some albums get better with age. and some dont.

sadloserkid
01/12/2006, 8:48 PM
you beat it in your own post:

Oops, wrong thread...

Oh come on, I find the levels of antipathy shown to poor old Joe Elliot and his chums baffling to say the least. Joshua Kadison is far, far worse! :)

Lionel Ritchie
04/12/2006, 1:53 PM
I'd actually forgotten how much I hate 'Jessie'. Thanks SLK I'll be humming that all day now and I'm obliged to spit every time so I'd better start drinkin'.

It's a vile song on so many levels -very much in the same mould as similar cornbread all-american piano w@nkery 'That's Just The Way It Is' and 'Walking In Memphis'. Savage beatings needed all round.

Pauro 76
04/12/2006, 2:01 PM
I'd actually forgotten how much I hate 'Jessie'. Thanks SLK I'll be humming that all day now and I'm obliged to spit every time so I'd better start drinkin'.

It's a vile song on so many levels -very much in the same mould as similar cornbread all-american piano w@nkery 'That's Just The Way It Is' and 'Walking In Memphis'. Savage beatings needed all round.

Hate that song with a passion. Soppy tat. How long before Ronan Keating covers it?

sadloserkid
05/12/2006, 11:25 AM

Embarrassing huh? Does that mean I win? :) The cover sounded nice though. :D

Lim till i die
05/12/2006, 12:04 PM
The cover sounded nice though. :D

Ouch, my bleedin' ears

In the literal sense you understand, not the jackeen after bumping into Mike Tyson sense :)

Kingdom
29/01/2007, 5:21 AM
I'm not sure why I like them but I do. The Mrs had been asking me ages did I want it, and always the angry response was given, or if she told anyone I'd divorce her, but shopping in Tescos a few weeks ago, it slipped into the trolley for €9. Girls aloud - the greatest hits.

We have a weener.

Mad Moose
31/01/2007, 12:05 PM
I've got Joss Stone

I really thought I like Joss Stone. Only got her albums recently. I have worse however.

I suppose mine would have to be The Best of...............wait for it..............

Boyzone:eek:

Pauro 76
31/01/2007, 12:26 PM
got to admit to recently downloading Stereophonics "You Gotta Go There to Go Back" and "Just Enough Education to Perform".

Dismal dismal stuff. The word 'pedestrian' was invited for this. Liked the first two albums, but those albums are just dull dull dull.

Mad Moose
31/01/2007, 1:27 PM
got to admit to recently downloading Stereophonics "You Gotta Go There to Go Back" and "Just Enough Education to Perform".

Dismal dismal stuff. The word 'pedestrian' was invited for this. Liked the first two albums, but those albums are just dull dull dull.

Nothing in that to be ashamed of.Definetely in there as a couple of my favourite albums.

Pauro 76
31/01/2007, 1:31 PM
Nothing in that to be ashamed of.Definetely in there as a couple of my favourite albums.

Have to disagree. they may well grow on me, but doubtful.

Wolfie
01/02/2007, 12:33 PM
I really thought I like Joss Stone. Only got her albums recently. I have worse however.

I suppose mine would have to be The Best of...............wait for it..............

Boyzone:eek:

Christ almighty, Harpsbear!! A brave man to drop that bombshell!!

Could be difficult to surpass / plunge beyond that one. Any takers........

Going once..........going twice............

gustavo
02/02/2007, 11:43 AM
I'll see him his Boyzone and raise him Aqua's first album

Pauro 76
02/02/2007, 1:28 PM
not really ashamed but more what did i see in them in the first place. Cogged Korn-Greatest Hits Vol 1 off a mate, and although there’s some belting tracks in there, some are completely dire. Their covers of “Word Up” and “Brick in the Wall” are amongst the worst covers Ive ever heard. Their 2nd album “Life is Peachy” is a definite stinker too.