PDA

View Full Version : A few observations

DiscoPants
02/11/2002, 4:21 PM
First of all i thought it was a great battling performance from the lads. Gunthers ineptitude is not their fault. All bar George OC gave
everything and did the shirt proud.

On the subject of the great gorgeous George one word to sum him up, liability. The guy has great ability but now I can see exactly why Port Vale let him go. Fistly his attitude absolutely stinks, he has been anonymous in all the big games this season. When the going gets tough the guy hides but when you are five up against Dundrum the partypieces come out. Hawkins had him in his pocket last night Georgie resorted to fouling and mouthing off trying to win a personal battle rather than grafting for the good of the team. I honestly believe the guy cost us a good shot at the title last night getting himself sent off. He was all lip and was always going to walk.Once again again Gunther failed to spot the danger, Mulligan should have been on ten minutes before the incident and we could have pushed for the winner.
The guy obviously has a bit of an ego and a stay on the bench may be the kick in the arse he needs.

Meanwhile on a more positive note while gorgeous was fla-bagging around the place I thought Flynny had a blinder. He lead the line brilliantly and his workrate was phenomenal. This guy is a joy to watch combining pace ,ability on the ball and hard graft. At this rate it wont be long before the big clubs accross the water start sniffing around.

Another plus was the performance of Warren when he came on. He looked hungry and made some tasty runs.

Love to hear views on Georgie.

eoinh
02/11/2002, 4:41 PM
i agree totally. i think o'callaghan is a very talented player but is lazy.
at the moment he is a liability. we need structure and form to our team

standregular
02/11/2002, 4:51 PM
First of all i thought it was a great battling performance from the lads. What the hell is a battling performance if you are talking about a team who are playing a team who are superior in fitness and skill then say that it (I hate to admit it but there was a difference last night. and as for George I thought he actually fought for more balls alst night than usual and also did not try as many tricks at inopportune times.As for the sending off I blame Hawkins for his usual whinging and 4th official (a Corkman) for believing a load of bulls*. All night long McNally was taunting and pulling shirt off George and they were determined to get someone sent off . As for ref. my blood is still boiling at some decisions (goalkicks instead of corners at one end and vice versa an the other end it was obvious where his sympathies lay) At this stage I am writing approx 100 emails to FAI and TV3 about ref (fat lot of good ) and I urge others to do same perhaps we might get mentioned on TV3 Mon night. Other questions need answering why deccie instead of GAZ and definetly why is Greg not first choice . I ahve great respect for Greg after his return as he has obviously taken anger management classes. He is abetter player for it