PDA

View Full Version : (eL) National League Director (FAI) Job Advert

pete
28/11/2006, 2:53 PM
Not exactly the most detailed job advert i ever saw.

Sunday Times (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/Class/Jobs/job/0,,689021,00.html)

The Eircom League is a key element of the FAI's responsibilities to develop and grow football in Ireland. It is a vital component for the development of players and clubs. From 2007 the League will be operated by the FAI. Because of its importance the FAI has initiated a range of fundamental changes that will take place over the next three years and will put the league on a brand new footing. Bringing all divisions of the League under the FAI banner will provide more support and more focus to the running of the League while allowing the clubs to concentrate on running their affairs. As a first and vital step to ensure the success of this initiative the FAI will appoint a Director of the Eircom League. Deloitte Executive Selection have been commissioned to recruit this Director.

(Eircom League) of the Football Association of Ireland

Reporting to the Chief Executive of the FAI, the Director will be responsible for driving the changes which are essential for the long term success of the League. The prize fund has been increased from €98,000 to €900,000, a four-tier structure is being adopted for the League divisions and the top division will consist of 10 teams from 2009. There will be a focus on greater support for facility improvements. While these are just some of the key elements on the agenda for implementation, the Director's role will be all-embracing. This is a job for a dynamic individual with a proven track record of success in a commercial environment.

There is huge scope for initiative and proactivity. Leadership and "people" skills are absolutely essential. Obviously the Director will be passionate about sport and football in particular and will have proven skills in media relations.

The successful candidate, who will hold a third level qualification, will require great energy and commitment to cope with the often hectic, always exciting demands of this unique opportunity in Irish football. A remuneration package which reflects the importance of this position will be provided.

Student Mullet
28/11/2006, 2:58 PM
Not exactly the most detailed job advert i ever saw.It reads like an add for the FAI with a job description intersperced. It's good that they're advertising the position though, I think it'd be better to have an outside person than someone currently involved.

pineapple stu
28/11/2006, 3:00 PM
It's good that they're advertising the position though, I think it'd be better to have an outside person than someone currently involved.
Like the way the last time they had a major gap to fill, and they advertised the position outside the organisation, and we got a competent outsider to fill the position?

Oh, wait...

Is anyone going to apply?

drummerboy
28/11/2006, 3:02 PM
Olly Byrne

Poor Student
28/11/2006, 3:07 PM
The job advert for Club Promotion Officer was far more detailed.:confused:

Sheridan
28/11/2006, 3:10 PM
There is huge scope for initiative and proactivity. Leadership and "people" skills are absolutely essential.
I know they consider those involved in the eL practically sub-human, but blatanly referring to them as "people" is a trifle excessive.

CharlesThompson
28/11/2006, 3:57 PM
Olly Byrne

It says the successful candidate will have a third level qualification. Oily wasn't long enough in the nick to study for a City and Guilds in goalpost making let alone a third level qualification.

Calcio Jack
28/11/2006, 4:09 PM
It says the top division will consist of 10 teams from 2009. I thought it was supposed to be 10 teams from 2008... my mistake ?

pineapple stu
28/11/2006, 4:37 PM
It says the successful candidate will have a third level qualification. Oily wasn't long enough in the nick to study for a City and Guilds in goalpost making let alone a third level qualification.
Alas, Oily has a degree in law from his time in UCD. He is in fact - and for this I beg forgiveness - a former UCD player... :o

Philly
28/11/2006, 4:56 PM
Alas, Oily has a degree in law from his time in UCD. He is in fact - and for this I beg forgiveness - a former UCD player... :o

Didn't he drop out before he got the degree?

pete
28/11/2006, 6:00 PM
Didn't he drop out before he got the degree?

Maybe he finished it off while in Mountjoy. Seems to be all the rage for cons these days. :D

Job advert was on first 1/4 page of the Sunday Times job section. Based on that spec someone with a 3rd level certificate in pottery could apply. :eek:

I think the spec if suitably vague to allow John Delaney appoint an insider buddy. I will be amazed if an outsider is appointed.

Its also very late to advertise as this person should have ben appointed before years end & start in new year couple of months before new season.

NY Hoop
29/11/2006, 3:31 PM

Good one:D :D

KOH

dcfcsteve
29/11/2006, 4:18 PM

The only player olly Byrne ever made it to was a couple of thousand packets of John Players...

pineapple stu
29/11/2006, 4:33 PM
I kid you not!

I think he played alongside Brian Lenihan at centre half. Make any more sense now? :p

sonofstan
29/11/2006, 4:53 PM

I'm currently sitting in the library in UCD - if this is true, the degrees that the people around me are working so hard for* are rendered worthless; have I the heart to tell them?

* they could of course just be hanging out in chat rooms like me