PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re Cup Final

Dodge
28/11/2006, 11:19 AM
If it finishes level will there be a decision on the day or will be there be a replay? If so where and when would this be?

JC_GUFC
28/11/2006, 11:29 AM
As per the FAI "a decision will be made at the time, if this occurs"

wws
28/11/2006, 11:31 AM
what price will you give me on the two managers shaking hands before kick off?

and will Kenny be allowed take charge of the Northern Irish team in the event of a replay? Or will he have to return to the Mainland?

ColinR
28/11/2006, 11:32 AM
last year was apparently the first year that penalties on the day were to be used in the event of a draw. i would imagine they are keeping it the same format for this year??

dcfcsteve
28/11/2006, 12:19 PM
No replay.

Decided on the day.

OneRedArmy
28/11/2006, 12:19 PM
will Kenny be allowed take charge of the Northern Irish team in the event of a replay? Or will he have to return to the Mainland?a) I think Lawrie Sanchez is doing a fairly good job; and
b) the "Mainland"?! (fog closes channel, Europe cut off etc.....)

crc
28/11/2006, 12:40 PM
and will Kenny be allowed take charge of the Northern Irish team in the event of a replay? Or will he have to return to the Mainland?
:rolleyes:

dcfcsteve
28/11/2006, 12:49 PM

It's always the West Brit Jackeens who have to get their little unionist digs in isn't it.... :o

el punter
28/11/2006, 1:07 PM
what price will you give me on the two managers shaking hands before kick off?

Why wouldn't the managers shake hands?

galwayhoop
28/11/2006, 1:08 PM
It's always the West Brit Jackeens who have to get their little unionist digs in isn't it.... :o

ALWAYS :rolleyes:

wws
28/11/2006, 1:16 PM
Scottish/Northern Irish manager??? Its no wonder you're all confused with King Kenny's double jobbing.

dcfcsteve
28/11/2006, 5:02 PM
Scottish/Northern Irish manager??? Its no wonder you're all confused with King Kenny's double jobbing.

He's neither a Scottish nor a Northern Irish manager. Kenny is from the Republic - therefore, he's an Irish manager.

He currently has a job managing a Scottish club. And no other job. Prior to that he had a job managing a Northern Irish team. And no other job.

Seems the only one who's confused round here is you.... :o

WeAreRovers
28/11/2006, 5:20 PM
Kenny is from the Republic - therefore, he's an Irish manager.

Is that a tacit admission of dcfcsteve's partitionist mentality? :D

KOH

micls
28/11/2006, 6:22 PM
He currently has a job managing a Scottish club. And no other job.

How does managing Derry on Sunday not count as another job? He'l be picking the team, making the decisions, giving the team talk and sitting in the dugout.....

dcfcsteve
28/11/2006, 6:28 PM
Is that a tacit admission of dcfcsteve's partitionist mentality? :D

KOH

He could be form the North and still be an Irish Manager too, you know. Or a British one.... :D It's called political reality....

And we don't need a partitionaist mentality in Derry. Sure we just rely on Rovers and Pat's fans to remind us of the existence of the border at any given opportunity..... :)

dcfcsteve
28/11/2006, 6:31 PM
How does managing Derry on Sunday not count as another job? He'l be picking the team, making the decisions, giving the team talk and sitting in the dugout.....

Three weeks ago I helped out at a friend's shop for most of the day. Ran the tills, served customers, replenished stock - that sort of thing. It was a one off, a bit of a favour. But that didn't mean that that was suddenly my job....

And how do you know in what capacity SK will be at the Final on Sunday ? Most Derry fans aren't 100% clear on what exactly he'll be doing on the day, so how the hell would you know...? :confused:

micls
28/11/2006, 6:33 PM
Three weeks ago I helped out at a friend's shop for most of the day. Ran the tills, served customers, replenished stock - that sort of thing. It was a one off, a bit of a favour. But that didn't mean that that was suddenly my job.... No but you were working there. If Kenny is being the team etc he will be acting as Derry manager while still being employed as Dunfermiline manager.

And how do you know in what capacity SK will be at the Final on Sunday ? Most Derry fans aren't 100% clear on what exactly he'll be doing on the day, so how the hell would you know...? :confused:

Read it in some article online- will try to find the link.

Of course if he doesn't do these things its a different story.

Just a bit strange IMO

Edit: From Derrycity forum http://www.derrycitychat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10028&sid=12b97df4411e710d1d0d162e7a07b8b9

Derry chief executive Jim Roddy confirmed yesterday that Kenny had agreed the arrangement with the Pars before signing his contract to take over and the FAI have verified that he will be allowed to fulfil normal duties on the sideline in what is a remarkable situation.

dcfcsteve
28/11/2006, 6:36 PM
No but you were working there. If Kenny is being the team etc he will be acting as Derry manager while still being employed as Dunfermiline manager.

"Acting as" is not the same as being "employed as". Kenny will clearly not have 2 jobs.

Dodge
28/11/2006, 8:17 PM
"Acting as" is not the same as being "employed as". Kenny will clearly not have 2 jobs.

Lazy scottish ****. If he was Irish he would...