PDA

View Full Version : Jason Byrne

BrayUnknowns
28/11/2006, 9:39 AM
off to Dundee United in January. Anyone else hear the same ?

drinkfeckarse
28/11/2006, 9:50 AM
It's in a couple of papers over here quoting Craig Levein as confirming that he likes the player but also has other options. Debatable whether Dundee Utd would fork out the money he would cost.

Also linking Darren Quigley to Falkirk. In years gone by they would have been seen as decent moves, not so sure now.

JC_GUFC
28/11/2006, 9:51 AM
Is he out of contract or will Shels get some money?
It's a pity for them that Jayo didn't agree terms with Djurgardens coz €440k was a very good deal for him.

How many ex-league players are now playing in the SPL?

Aberdeen:
Richie Byrne
Gary Dempsey

Dundee United:
Noel Hunt

Motherwell:
Richie Foran
Danny Murphy

Actually I thought there were more when I started the list - anyone else?

Terry
28/11/2006, 9:52 AM
Richie Baker is on trials at motherwell too.

Raheny Red
28/11/2006, 11:37 AM
Stokes was involved in our schoolboy set-up.

JC_GUFC
28/11/2006, 11:39 AM
Stokes was involved in our schoolboy set-up.

I know I sent him off when refereeing him in a match once. I think that shock to his system has made him the player he is today.

el punter
28/11/2006, 12:22 PM
I know I sent him off when refereeing him in a match once. I think that shock to his system has made him the player he is today.

A bookie and a ref!....are you hell bent on becoming a figure of hate? :)

dcfcsteve
28/11/2006, 12:23 PM
A bookie and a ref!....are you hell bent on becoming a figure of hate? :)

JC - how did that Traffic Warden interview go the other day......?

:D

Terry
28/11/2006, 12:31 PM
it was a clamper he was interviewed for

bluemovie
28/11/2006, 12:35 PM

Either that or he left Ireland because of the pettiness of the referees and you're to blame for a great loss to the domestic game:p .

Calcio Jack
28/11/2006, 4:13 PM

Just guessing...was that in a Kennedy Cup game ?

Peadar
28/11/2006, 4:27 PM
I know he's not in Scotland now but did anyone see that Weso Hoolihan got the PFA Fans, Player of the Month award for League One?
He's on the up... :)

Poor Student
28/11/2006, 5:49 PM
There's not a chance Dundee United would be offering anything like Djurgardens did last summer if reports are to be believed.

pete
28/11/2006, 6:01 PM
There's not a chance Dundee United would be offering anything like Djurgardens did last summer if reports are to be believed.

I agree. No SPL side outside Celtic, Rangers & Hearts would spend even 250k sterling on 1 player.

Aaron
28/11/2006, 6:02 PM

Maybe not but do you think if its a worthy 6 figure sum Ollie wud turn it down with the state Shels are in...I somehow dont think so.

Poor Student
28/11/2006, 6:06 PM
Maybe not but do you think if its a worthy 6 figure sum Ollie wud turn it down with the state Shels are in...I somehow dont think so.

That's what I thought when Djurgardens came calling. Don't forget, Bray are supposed to get 50% of the fee.

Soper
28/11/2006, 6:06 PM
Well. remember they would only get half of it.

Edit - Poor Student beat me to it.

MrJoeSoap
28/11/2006, 6:28 PM
I know he's not in Scotland now but did anyone see that Weso Hoolihan got the PFA Fans, Player of the Month award for League One?
He's on the up... :)

Yep, playing exceptional stuff and getting rave reviews. Wouldn't be surprised if he were to get their Player-of-the-Season award.

Dodge
29/11/2006, 12:29 AM
If anybody believes that Shels were offered a 6 figure sum for Jason Byrne :rolleyes:

FFS it was obvious he was being hawked around England but nobody wanted him

dcfcsteve
29/11/2006, 10:06 AM
it was a clamper he was interviewed for

But he's not yellow....? :confused:

I'd have no problems pulling JC off one of my car wheels. I hope he didn't get it....

bluemovie
29/11/2006, 10:26 AM
I'd have no problems pulling JC off

Ahem!

Schumi
29/11/2006, 10:38 AM
But he's not yellow....? :confused:Racist!

pete
29/11/2006, 10:49 AM
Is Jason Byrne out of contract now?

Does this means Shels rejected 400-600k offers for him when he only had 6 months left? Even by Ollie Byrne standards that makes no sense...

:confused:

Terry
29/11/2006, 11:11 AM

I said clamper not clamp :rolleyes:

....and you have no problems pulling JC off ya ????:D

TonyD
29/11/2006, 12:21 PM

Does this means Shels rejected 400-600k offers for him when he only had 6 months left? Even by Ollie Byrne standards that makes no sense...

Was it not Byrne himself who decided against the move ? That's what I remember from reports at the time. I think Ollie would have bitten the hand off anyone offering in the region of half a million for any of his players.

Poor Student
29/11/2006, 1:46 PM

The suggestion is the alleged lack of paid wages will/has resultled in him being allowed freedom of movement.

LukeO
29/11/2006, 1:57 PM

:eek:

higgins
29/11/2006, 2:28 PM

You can see the difference isn the seasons of Cork and Shels when one sells a striker and the other doesnt.
Top striker in the league for 2006.

How much is that worth now ?

The offer was 450K
half of that is 225K

What do we get now? even if its 50-100K then we have more than paid for the difference with Champions League, League win and Setanta Cup.

And NO, he's not out of contract.

dublin15bohs
29/11/2006, 3:10 PM
He is out of contract as he has not been payed.

higgins
29/11/2006, 3:23 PM
Can I ask mods if people are allowed post like dublin15bohs just has when they offer nothing to back up their claim?

and I might as well ask,

dublin15bohs, how do you know this ?
another FACT I assume?

BohsPartisan
29/11/2006, 3:26 PM
Higgins, are you Ollie Bryne? Will you be suing D15 Bohs for saying something you don't like?

Dodge
29/11/2006, 3:30 PM
Can I ask mods if people are allowed post like dublin15bohs just has when they offer nothing to back up their claim?

and I might as well ask,

dublin15bohs, how do you know this ?
another FACT I assume?

Its public knowledge he hasn't been paid. Jeesh...

higgins
29/11/2006, 3:40 PM
No I wont sue.

It's just something I don't like seeing on message boards. People who makes claims and won't/can't back them up.

It does nothing for the conversation.

I actually hear Hunt is going to Drogheda as he hasn't been paid.

higgins
29/11/2006, 3:41 PM
Its public knowledge he hasn't been paid. Jeesh...

The claim was that he is out of contract.

Keep up Dodge :rolleyes:

Dodge
29/11/2006, 3:43 PM
Higgins, the "back up" is the news reports all over the media recently. If you haven't read them and think this is just down to internet bitching, then fine, believe that

drinkfeckarse
29/11/2006, 3:43 PM
His contract would be deemed to be null and void if they fail to pay him in most circumstances. Technically free to go.

Dodge
29/11/2006, 3:49 PM
The claim was that he is out of contract.

Keep up Dodge :rolleyes:

*SIGH* SO you now you know **** all about contract law? If he hasn't been piad for 2 weeks, he's free to leave.

I cna't believe I defended you earlier...

higgins
29/11/2006, 4:12 PM
Defended me ??? ..... :D

I have never heard the one about Jason Byrne not being paid wages for over two weeks and being out of contract.

Dodge stop believing what you heard from people in here and provide some form of proof that he went over two weeks without payment and therefore is out of contract.

This has never been reported on to the best of my knowledge.

So again I will ask, how do you 'know it alls' know that Jason Byrne is out of contract.

Last time I heard about his contract he was under contract so I posted that. If there is evidence out there that says different lets hear it ?

Dr.Nightdub
29/11/2006, 8:19 PM
Can you provide definitive proof that he IS under contract? You personally, not Gareth or Fintan or anyone else.

See? We can all do this. Welcome to the internet.

drinkfeckarse
30/11/2006, 8:34 AM
****STOP PRESS****

Higgins in denial shock