PDA

View Full Version : eL Player scores winner for his country

JC_GUFC
28/11/2006, 12:25 AM
http://www.digicelfootball.com/en/news.php?id=117

How many current regular full internationals are there playing in the league at the moment?

I'd say if Jason Byrne learned to "kick the ball straight over the keepers head and into the back of the net." on a more regular basis he may become a regular in Steve Staunton's set up! :D

Sheridan
28/11/2006, 1:05 AM
"Wesley Charles" seems positively incongruous in a team which also includes a Cornelius Huggins, Shandell Samuel, Ezra Hendrickson and Kendol Velox.

Burny89
28/11/2006, 2:16 AM
Very good

Dodge
28/11/2006, 5:57 AM
token el player!!! St Vincents and Grenadines manager out!!!

CollegeTillIDie
28/11/2006, 6:26 AM
Dodge

The EL clubs would need to sign a few more St. Vincent and Grenadines internationals before we can afford to get stroppy :D

I believe those players from the Grenadines islands are quite handy... I'll get my coat :D

JC_GUFC
28/11/2006, 11:32 AM
I have to say I was a bit alarmed that they were run so close by a team including Bernard J Rahming II, Happy Hall and butterfingers Dwayne D Whully Jnr in goals.

Lim till i die
28/11/2006, 11:36 AM
In fairness they're not real countries

bigmac
28/11/2006, 1:46 PM
In fairness they're not real countries

neither are wales, scotland, northern ireland, england etc..

Lim till i die
28/11/2006, 1:50 PM
neither are wales, scotland, northern ireland, england etc..

I never said they were :confused:

bigmac
29/11/2006, 9:42 AM
I never said they were :confused:

so what was your point? I got the impression that it was basically saying that it's not particularly newsworthy that Wes Charles scored an international winner because it's not a "real country". maybe i picked up the wrong end of the stick though

Burnsie
29/11/2006, 10:28 AM
St. Vincent & The Grenadines: Melvin Andrews, Greg Myers, Wesley Charles, Andrew Douglas, Cornelius Huggins, Dexter Walker, Shandell Samuel, Ezra Hendrickson, Sean Glynn, Marlon James, Kendol Velox

:confused:

GuisaSaigon
29/11/2006, 10:33 AM
:confused:

Johnny Glynn's cousin :D

Lim till i die
29/11/2006, 11:29 AM
so what was your point? I got the impression that it was basically saying that it's not particularly newsworthy that Wes Charles scored an international winner because it's not a "real country". maybe i picked up the wrong end of the stick though

Scoring a consolation for Norn Iron in a 12-1 defeat against Italy would have more merit than scoring the winner for a rock in the Carribean against a slightly bigger rock.

In fairness would the standard of the Bahamas be that much better than an EL First Division club??

Will we just start a thread everytime Wezza scores :confused:

bigmac
29/11/2006, 12:21 PM
Scoring a consolation for Norn Iron in a 12-1 defeat against Italy would have more merit than scoring the winner for a rock in the Carribean against a slightly bigger rock.

That's got nothing to do with whether it's a "real" country or not though. :confused:

Lim till i die
30/11/2006, 8:01 AM
That's got nothing to do with whether it's a "real" country or not though. :confused:

Jaysus you make an attempt at winding up some Galway fans and a Waterford guy gets his knickers in a twist, sheesh :p