PDA

View Full Version : New speculation - McCarthy to resign next week

James
01/11/2002, 4:07 PM
well according to the good people at soccercentral (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=8371&mainheading=Republic+of+Ireland&viewstory=yes)

Speculation is growing that Mick Mccarthy will end his reign as Ireland boss early next week - after agreeing terms of a seperation with the Football Association of Ireland

happy am i :)

patsh
02/11/2002, 6:54 PM
On Trevor's Big Red Bench, N. Spillane mentioned a meeting to sort out compensation for the remainder of his contract taking place at the Red Cow Inn, and an announcement @ 4:30 Monday.
If this turns out to be true, am I right in saying that compensation
would only be paid when someones contract is terminated?
So would it mean that "Row Z" is getting the boot and not resigning???

If he does get the boot, then Menton et al should be gone with him, as they were the ones in such a hurry to extend his contract, and now they dump him after 2 bad results.
I have to agree with everything in the article by Gerry Desmond in last nights program. The FAI are the greatest bunch of incompetent w*nkers ever in the history of the world. :mad:

brine2
02/11/2002, 6:54 PM
What's wrong with today?

Shed End John
04/11/2002, 10:19 AM
It aint speculation anymore my boy. According to yesterdays (3/11) Ireland on Sunday, Mick is meeting the FAI on Wednesday to sort out a compensation package. Even if the FAI can't pay him off rumour has it he'll walk anyway. Good f***in riddance!

Murphy Out Now!!!
McCarthy Out Now!!!

Seanie
05/11/2002, 8:34 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
I have to agree with everything in the article by Gerry Desmond in last nights program. The FAI are the greatest bunch of incompetent w*nkers ever in the history of the world. :mad:
That was indeed a fine article by Gerry Desmond - nailed everything on the head.

Éanna
05/11/2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Even if the FAI can't pay him off rumour has it he'll walk anyway. Good f***in riddance!
Great way to treat the man who nearly got us to the World CUp quarters :rolleyes: :mad:

James
05/11/2002, 2:58 PM
HE'S GONE :)

now murphy follow suit ya l@nger

Shed End John
05/11/2002, 4:09 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

Great way to treat the man who nearly got us to the World CUp quarters :rolleyes: :mad:

Sorry, I thought it was the team who nearly broke their backs trying to do that IN SPITE of Mick. After all, regardless of how we did, Mick still made some unbelieveably lousy calls during the World Cup, and no, I am not in ANY way referring to the Keane saga.

Murphy Out Now!!!

The Legend
05/11/2002, 5:13 PM
Hurrah,

Hopefully this will also see the end of playing days for...

Kilbane..
Harte...
Breen...
Babb...

Hopefully

James
05/11/2002, 5:24 PM
and possibly / hopefully

the rightful return to international soccer for

ROY KEANE :)

The Legend
05/11/2002, 5:27 PM
I don't about the rest of you out there but this issue tears me apart...

1) I want him back cause he's our best player by far..

but

2) I feel he is a traitor for not holding his grievances until after the world cup!

SO.. whatever happens, happens....

Éanna
06/11/2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by The Legend
1) I want him back cause he's our best player by far..

but

2) I feel he is a traitor for not holding his grievances until after the world cup!

I´m with ya on that one. I know we´d better if he came back, but I don´t know if I could stomach it.

Oh yeah, as for ending the playing days of the others you mentioned- who to replace Harte? Much as i hate the sight of him, he´s about the only left-full we have!

The Legend
06/11/2002, 5:23 PM
I suppose if i knew the perfect answer to that, then maybe i would apply for the vacant job!

Éanna
06/11/2002, 5:26 PM
Originally posted by The Legend
I suppose if i knew the perfect answer to that, then maybe i would apply for the vacant job!
yeah, but there´s no way the FAI would be intelligent enough to give the job to the best man for it :rolleyes: :mad: