PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup Final Referees Appointed

Réiteoir
27/11/2006, 5:16 PM
FAI Cup Final News - Congrats to all four ISRS Dublin Branch Members

The FAI have confirmed that Mr. Damian Hancock of Dublin will referee the final for the first time in his career. His assistants will be Mr. Ciaran Delaney of Dublin and Mr. Marc Douglas of Louth while Mr. David McKeon of Dublin will be the fourth official.

The Cup final referee, Damian Hancock, who has been a member of the Eircom League Panel since 1995.

He refereed the 2005 League Cup Final, and previously acted as Fourth official in the 2002 FAI Senior Cup Final.

He began his refereeing in 1987 with SDSL and the DDSL before progressing to the Leinster Senior League and the Eircom League.

He is married to Nuala, they have two children Sean and Daire, and Damien works as a Sales Representative with Henkel Locite Adhesives Limited.

The two Assistant Referees both have international experience. Ciaran Delaney has numerous UEFA club and “A” international games to his credit since his appointment to the FIFA Panel in 2001.

He began his refereeing career in the Leinster Junior League in 1992, before being appointed to the Eircom League in 1997. He ran the line in the 2000 FAI Senior Cup Final. He is married to Dorothy and they have three children Mark, Julia and Megan.

Marc Douglas was appointed to the FIFA Panel this year, eight years after starting refereeing in the Drogheda & District Schoolboys League and the Meath & District League.

Further experience was gained on the Leinster Senior League until his promotion to the Eircom League in 2003. He already has officiated at Champions’ League and UEFA European Championships Qualifiers level this season.

The Fourth Official, David McKeon, has extensive experience of European football as both Assistant and Referee.

He previously ran the line at the 1997 FAI Senior Cup Final, as well as refereeing the 2003 League Cup Final, the 2006 Setanta Cup Final.

Among his most recent International Appointments was as Referee to the England B vs. Belarus match. He is married to Jane and they have two children, Seanán and Keelin.

BohsFans
27/11/2006, 5:29 PM
The Fourth Official, David McKeon, has extensive experience of European football as both Assistant and Referee.

He previously ran the line at the 1997 FAI Senior Cup Final, as well as refereeing the 2003 League Cup Final, the 2006 Setanta Cup Final.

Among his most recent International Appointments was as Referee to the England B vs. Belarus match. He is married to Jane and they have two children, Seanán and Keelin.

they forgot to add in that Dave served a one month suspension this season for thinking that fouls committed outside the box were penalties.:rolleyes:

Jane....... few songs about her next season.:D :p

dublin15bohs
27/11/2006, 8:29 PM
thank God its not kelly or stokes they would ruin it

Poor Student
27/11/2006, 8:47 PM
So we have the cousin of one of the participants clubs' players officiating a national final?:confused:

OneRedArmy
27/11/2006, 8:56 PM
So we have the cousin of one of the participants clubs' players officiating a national final?:confused:More importantly there's one fixture and they HAVE to appoint a Dublin ref.

Disgrace. How hard would it have been to appoint a neutral? Only the FAI :rolleyes: :(

dancinpants
27/11/2006, 8:56 PM
So we have the cousin of one of the participants clubs' players officiating a national final?:confused:

Who would those be? :confused:

Poor Student
27/11/2006, 9:10 PM
Who would those be? :confused:

Ciaran and Clive Delaney.

Aaron
27/11/2006, 9:13 PM
FFS how dumb does the FAI look now. A final to be played in Dublin, in a Dublin ground and a Dublin team which is fair enuff, but to appoint a Dublin ref and 4th official and a Dublin linesman.....odds firmly stacked against us methinks....dosnt suprise me tho with the FAI in charge

dancinpants
27/11/2006, 9:15 PM
Ciaran and Clive Delaney.

:o REALLY should have stabbed a guess at that one in fairness :o

DmanDmythDledge
27/11/2006, 9:39 PM
FFS how dumb does the FAI look now. A final to be played in Dublin, in a Dublin ground and a Dublin team which is fair enuff, but to appoint a Dublin ref and 4th official and a Dublin linesman.....odds firmly stacked against us methinks....dosnt suprise me tho with the FAI in charge
You seem to be overlooking the fact that the ref is related to one of the Derry players.

Aaron
27/11/2006, 9:46 PM
Well if you consider that aswell, it makes the FAI look even more stupid than they did!!:eek:

OneRedArmy
27/11/2006, 10:07 PM
You seem to be overlooking the fact that the ref is related to one of the Derry players.That makes it even then so......

Jerry The Saint
27/11/2006, 10:41 PM
Delaney's time at Pats was not exactly a time that either party will look back at with fond memories... :( But as long as all the officials are from Dublin we'll be OK. Sure Clive himself would hate to see Pats lose, all us Dubs stick together! That's why I fully support Ollie's fight against the Limerick-based :mad: Revenue Commissioners. Dublin HURRAH! :eek:

OneRedArmy
27/11/2006, 10:45 PM
Delaney's time at Pats was not exactly a time that either party will look back at with fond memories... :( In fairness he's handy to have around when you need something from the top of the wardrobe or cats rescued from trees, that kind of thing.

Dodge
28/11/2006, 6:25 AM
"Hancock, you wânker!"

My favourite pun ever!!!

Terrible ref. Worst in the league IMO.

Peadar
28/11/2006, 8:37 AM
Pray that nothing happens to Hancock because if McKeon gets his hands on the game, he'll destroy it, with his own version of the rules.

sniffa
28/11/2006, 11:45 AM

Same thing happened already this year in the Enda McGuill Cup Final, Cork City v Kildare County.
As far as I remember ALL the officials were from Cork with the game being played At Turners Cross.:rolleyes:

dcfcsteve
28/11/2006, 11:56 AM
Same thing happened already this year in the Enda McGuill Cup Final, Cork City v Kildare County.
As far as I remember ALL the officials were from Cork with the game being played At Turners Cross.:rolleyes:

Hardly domestic Irish football's show-piece tournament though.....

BohsFans
28/11/2006, 1:21 PM
Hardly domestic Irish football's show-piece tournament though.....

:D lol :D

Peadar
28/11/2006, 1:35 PM

As if you were ever going to win it! :rolleyes:

Dr.Nightdub
28/11/2006, 11:14 PM
FFS how dumb does the FAI look now. A final to be played in Dublin, in a Dublin ground and a Dublin team which is fair enuff, but to appoint a Dublin ref and 4th official and a Dublin linesman.....odds firmly stacked against us methinks....

It's that biased Dublin ground that will be the undoing of youse. If it had've been, say, a Cork ground in Dublin, it'd just be too close to call.

pete
29/11/2006, 10:34 AM
I don't think the ref will be dublin biased. That only happens when they leave the pale as all dubs need to stick together then...

sniffa
29/11/2006, 2:32 PM
As if you were ever going to win it! :rolleyes:

No we were never going to win it.
Sure didnt the cork lads have it sorted BEFORE kickoff.
And I dont mean the team!!!
All we wanted was a fair and impartial team of officials but that wasn't what we got.
" As if you were ever going to win it!".......we had the same chance that Drogheda had of winning the FAI Cup.

Peadar
29/11/2006, 2:50 PM
...we had the same chance that Drogheda had of winning the FAI Cup.

There's a reason why we were the first club to win back to back U21 titles and why we've won two cups this year and play in the semi-final of the Dr. Tony O'Reilly trophy on Saturday. There's also a reason why none of that applies to you and it has nothing to do with referees.

sniffa
29/11/2006, 3:25 PM
There's a reason why we were the first club to win back to back U21 titles and why we've won two cups this year and play in the semi-final of the Dr. Tony O'Reilly trophy on Saturday. There's also a reason why none of that applies to you and it has nothing to do with referees.

Well done on your successes even though I didnt doubt or ask to be told about them.
But sorry, this has everything to do with referees!!!!!!!!

Fact. Cork won the McGuill Cup THIS year with HUGE assistance from the CORK official that misrefereed it.

I am in no way doubting the ability of an excellant u21 squad you have in Cork. Just the prejudice of officials.
With the eyes of the country on the FAI Cup Final I hope its going to be seen to be completely impartial.

Peadar
29/11/2006, 3:46 PM
Fact. Cork won the McGuill Cup THIS year with HUGE assistance from the CORK official that misrefereed it.

These (http://www.smddrums.com/woodcell/straws.jpg) are BSI Kite Marked and approved for clutching...

NavanBohs
29/11/2006, 5:44 PM
thank God its not kelly or stokes they would ruin it

If Bohs were in it though I'd bet my life savings on Kelly being appointed to ref it...

pete
29/11/2006, 6:23 PM
Very low key "build-up" to this game. Almost zero publicity so far & its already Wednesday...