PDA

View Full Version : 3 out of 4 people...

Pages : [1] 2

SligoBrewer
26/11/2006, 9:21 PM
I find this poll to be nonsense..
3 out of 4 people prefer Taytto to the next brand so....

Quick Poll...(can someone add it)

Are Tayto the Nicest Crisps?

Somehow i doubt we'll get 75%;)

BohsPartisan
26/11/2006, 9:24 PM
In the Cheese and Onion range I prefer Tayto when you get the perfect bag but King is more consistant.

Reggie
26/11/2006, 9:24 PM
:rolleyes: Theres always one.:rolleyes:

strangeirish
26/11/2006, 10:23 PM
Tayto!

Soper
27/11/2006, 1:06 AM
I miss tayto so much.Have some over here, but not proper ones.

Bully Bull
27/11/2006, 1:30 AM
Tayto still gets the nod for me.However there is excellent choice at the moment ,with Green Ripples not far behind the Tayto range.

Dodge
27/11/2006, 2:26 AM
Poll added. King for me.

Ash
27/11/2006, 7:55 AM
Dont like Tayto, they're are too greasy.

King Crisps all the way

Peadar
27/11/2006, 8:44 AM
I find Tayto C&O are too salty.
King C&O are far nicer!

By the way, this poll can never satisfy the original question as there are too many options.

anto1208
27/11/2006, 8:44 AM
Tayto hands down ,

its 3 out of 4 when compared with walkers rather than all other crisps . im surprised there is 1 person that preferes walkers there rubbish .

dfx-
27/11/2006, 8:52 AM
I now officially don't like SligoBrewer or Dodge for putting me under pressure to decide between the two...

I am leaning more to Tayto - I used to be allegiant to King, but not so much now..

Magicme
27/11/2006, 9:00 AM
A good packet of Tayto is the best food on the planet....mushed in between to slices of Pat the Baker with Monaghan Butter is the best hangover cure in the world ever!

I do like Hunky Doreys cheese and spring onion tho and the Podge & Rodge cheese & onion breath are lovely!

drinkfeckarse
27/11/2006, 9:53 AM
Used to be a Tayto man but I don't think they're a patch on Walkers crisps in the cheese n onion rage. It might be because you can't get Tayto's in Scotland and I had to get used to Walkers but whenever I'm home I'm never too impressed with Tayto's now.

However, I love getting Rancheros, Waffles, Chipstix etc whenever I'm home. Walkers have nothing like them.

ollie
27/11/2006, 10:12 AM
Salt and vineger King Crisps are savage....pity it's hardly in any shops.

Peadar
27/11/2006, 10:18 AM
Used to be a Tayto man but I don't think they're a patch on Walkers crisps in the cheese n onion rage.

Walkers are jam packed with MSG.

Lionel Ritchie
27/11/2006, 10:30 AM
Whatever happened to Sam Spuds?

drinkfeckarse
27/11/2006, 10:31 AM
Walkers are jam packed with MSG.

Not that I'm an expert on the subject but isn't glutomate found in a lot of foods naturally anyway? Tayto's don't have MSG I take it?

Don't really see it as an issue.

Macy
27/11/2006, 10:35 AM
Rancheros the nicest of the "Irish" crisps.

For basic cheese and onion, King over Tayto everytime. Probably prefer Hunky Dory's Mature Cheddar & Spring Onion over both though. Special mention to Tayto Smokey Bacon.

Wouldn't be a great fan of Walkers, but it was great to get access to Ready Salted crisps. Funny what you miss when you move countries - hand pulled pints of Bitter, Ready Salted Crisps and (Gregs) Meat and Potato Pies. :D

BohsPartisan
27/11/2006, 11:26 AM
I like Walkers S & V.
I would have thought corn snacks would not feature as crisps i.e. rancheros. If we're talking corn snacks of that type my favs would be Meanies and Johnny Onion Rings.
The best snack of all IMO is Doritos cool original. I also love the Doritos hint of Lime with a dip.

bennocelt
27/11/2006, 12:13 PM
King for me
can anyone remember the irish crips called Banshees, jesus they had so much salt and vingear in them, wow, even Loaded mag did a small feature on them

Schumi
27/11/2006, 12:17 PM
Tayto for me although I'd have King sometimes for a change.

pineapple stu
27/11/2006, 12:19 PM
I'd go with Tayto over King and Walkers by a long shot. Been stuck on the Hunky Dory's lately though.

Pauro 76
27/11/2006, 12:34 PM
Was a huge Chipstix fan and ya cant get them over here.. same with Snax... Not a fan of Walkers. At all.

drinkfeckarse
27/11/2006, 12:52 PM
Was a huge Chipstix fan and ya cant get them over here.. same with Snax... Not a fan of Walkers. At all.

Forgot about them. Quality.

osarusan
27/11/2006, 1:14 PM
Monster Munch??

The ones shaped like hands............where all the spicy powder went to the bottom, and the last few "hands" were the best.

And Pringles..........once you stop.....etc, but it is true.

joeSoap
27/11/2006, 1:49 PM
Anyone old enough to remember the 'Perri Pub Crisps'? They came in a brown bag...were loaded with strong onions and cheddar cheese. They used to only sell them in pubs. Used tobuy bags of them at closing time and go home and make sambos out ouf them...far better than going to the chipper.

Pauro 76
27/11/2006, 2:04 PM
Anyone old enough to remember the 'Perri Pub Crisps'? They came in a brown bag...were loaded with strong onions and cheddar cheese. They used to only sell them in pubs. Used tobuy bags of them at closing time and go home and make sambos out ouf them...far better than going to the chipper.

I remember! that makes me old then. :( They were the Onion Rings with cheap looking packaging? I even remember the Tayto salt n vinegar ad with the annoying jingle to the "Poor Old Michael Finnegan"...

BohsPartisan
27/11/2006, 2:17 PM
King for me
can anyone remember the irish crips called Banshees, jesus they had so much salt and vingear in them, wow, even Loaded mag did a small feature on them

Banshee Bones? You can still get those in some shops if thats what you mean?

DmanDmythDledge
27/11/2006, 4:10 PM
Hunky Dorys buffallo.

Neish
27/11/2006, 4:11 PM
When ya get a good bag of Tayto salt & vinegar they are delicious, but they can be very hit and miss. King salt and vinegar are ok. Not really a fan of any cheese & onion.

The Stars
27/11/2006, 4:37 PM
Went off crisps about 4 years ago for Lent and never went back on them.....but god do i want a packet now after reading through this thread

micls
27/11/2006, 4:43 PM
Tayto poducts are the nicest, nicest C& O and S&V

Johnny onion rings, snax, chipsticks, treble crunch- the list jut goes on and on

Anto McC
27/11/2006, 5:35 PM
King.

A nice packet of cheese and onion king,a plain dairy milk and a can of coke can't be beaten.

SligoBrewer
27/11/2006, 5:58 PM
What have i Unleished? :D

my personal favourite of all crisps would be doritos chilli...mmmmmmmmmmm
or hunky dorys bufallo.......

oh my mouth is watering!

Red&White Rover
27/11/2006, 6:18 PM
Dorito's original, walkers C&0 or Hunky Dory's C&o...:D

sligoman
27/11/2006, 9:27 PM
Hate Tayto. Never buy them. King is nice but think Walkers are the nicest.

steno
27/11/2006, 9:33 PM
Tayto for me followed closely by King and Hunky Dory Buffalo if I'm in the mood for something else that isn't cheese and onion.

Magicme
27/11/2006, 10:53 PM
I cant stand Walkers and y would u wanna send money over the water when u have better version here!

I love chipsticks but hate the way they stick to ur teeth.

My brother used to eat a packet of hula hoops with peanuts poured into them, it was quite nice actually.

I used to love mini chips s&v except they made ur lips go blue!

strangeirish
28/11/2006, 12:03 AM
I love chipsticks but hate the way they stick to ur teeth.

Especially when you have to take them out to clean them:D
*Just kidding Mm*

Dodge
28/11/2006, 5:58 AM
I think any Irish person who eats walkers is a traitor to their country.

CollegeTillIDie
28/11/2006, 6:50 AM
Ok not allowed to eat crisps anymore, they are lethal for cholesterol. Just thought all you young whipper snappers should know why you are all going to have heart attacks down the line :D

Smiths crisps were owned by Tayto at one point. Tayto are no longer m/f in the Republic as far as I know . There is a plant in the wee North churning them out. The company that revived Perri Crisps in the 1990's as far as I am aware are the brains behind Hunky Dory.

Everything else on the Irish market is foreign owned including Walkers,Pringles, Doritos etc.
Pringles may be made here under licence , not 100% sure about that.

Macy
28/11/2006, 7:14 AM
Smiths crisps were owned by Tayto at one point.
We want to be... Smiths Crisps. Salt n Shake yum. And I think squares used to be by them too?

Think Walkers absorbed Smiths along with a shít load of other manufacturers...

Magicme
28/11/2006, 8:05 AM
Yeah loved going to Enniskillen & getting some Smiths Salt & Shake. They were gorgeous!

A packet of crisps every now and again is no harm.

(scoffed a packet of Tayto Smokey Bacon when got home from the meeting last nite....am a veggie but Bacon is the only meat I miss)

BohsPartisan
28/11/2006, 8:07 AM
You should eat some Tayto Waffles so. You'll be tasting bacon all day.

Peadar
28/11/2006, 8:28 AM
I used to eat Frisps in England.
Don't see them too many places here.
The thing about King crisps is that you almost never get a bad bag.
Haven't had Tayto recently but they were nowhere near as consistent.

Another favourite was Kettle Crisps (http://www.kettlefoods.co.uk/site/WebSiteProducts.do?id=501.54.613&range=1).
What I've a taste for now is the O'Brien's Sandwich Bar, branded crisps.

BohsPartisan
28/11/2006, 8:43 AM
Sainsburys do lovely crisps made out of root vegetables other than potato. They are lightly salted and have loads of flavour.

Magicme
28/11/2006, 8:48 AM
Yeah saw them alrite. (Talking of other root veg, roasted some butternut squash and sweet potatoes in curry spices other day and made some indian veg rice to go with it and sprinkled roasted butternut squash seeds on top...yum!)

Yeah love Waffles and Bacon Fries.

Pauro 76
28/11/2006, 8:59 AM
The thing that put me off the Walkers Crisps, were those God-awful Roy Keane and Gary Lineker ads. :mad:

Aberdonian Stu
28/11/2006, 1:17 PM
Walkers Max are way nicer than regular Walkers. It's a different type of crisp rather than just a bigger bag.

I really like McCoy's cheese and onion but hate their other flavours. Obviously Tayto and Hunky Dory's are good too.

BohsPartisan
28/11/2006, 1:23 PM
When walkers max came out at first there was a chipshop curry flavour that was lovely but you don't seem to be able to get those anymore.