PDA

View Full Version : This has to be a wind up

micls
25/11/2006, 2:14 PM
3 time in one season- how is that not cheating your way to the title?

From todays Irish Times

Revenue again seeks to wind up Shelbourne FC

Áine Coffey

[Please don't quote entire articles, and link to sources.] (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=431900&postcount=2)

dublin15bohs
25/11/2006, 9:20 PM
So basicly the revenue are after shels again am i right

Billy Lord
25/11/2006, 11:02 PM
I will be the most up-to-date person in the history of football."

Says it all, really. Ollie's just another EL head who doesn't realise/accept the difference between gross and net wages, and the obvious tax implications.:eek:

depor
26/11/2006, 12:49 AM
shels maybe owe the revenue but its just the media making a big fuss from nothing, the fact of the matter is that the bigger the club the bigger the debt. take a look at some of the biggest clubs in europe(utd, madrid etc), every single 1 of them in debt in one form or another, and they have millions of supporters, huge merchandise sales,and a lot of tv + prize money. the general misconception is that the more successful a club are, the more financially secure they are, but it is usually the opposite because they spend to stay on top and even improve.
i was watching a documentary a few months back and they said that the top 4 clubs in europe owe at least a billion euros(1000m), and god only knows how much tax.:ball:

BohsPartisan
26/11/2006, 12:51 AM
Debt to a bank that practically owns you is one thing, debt to the taxman is another.

LukeO
26/11/2006, 2:29 AM
Debt to a bank that practically owns you is one thing, debt to the taxman is another.

Exactly. Depor's post is a load of nonsense. To owe the taxman money is far more serious to owing a bank money. It's ridiculous argument.

GavinZac
26/11/2006, 7:41 AM
Exactly. Depor's post is a load of nonsense.

i stopped reading at "utd"

OneRedArmy
26/11/2006, 8:14 AM
I await Stuart Byrne`s insightful views on this.
Given Shels are purer than the driven snow in Stuart`s under-developed little brain, I I suspect its Stephen Kenny`s fault again.....

Anto McC
26/11/2006, 2:23 PM
I await Stuart Byrne`s insightful views on this.
Given Shels are purer than the driven snow in Stuart`s under-developed little brain, I I suspect its Stephen Kenny`s fault again.....

Still bitter are we?

It'll be paid,nothing to worry about.

GavinZac
26/11/2006, 2:28 PM
Still bitter are we?

It'll be paid,nothing to worry about.

a head in the sand invites a kick in the arse

Anto McC
26/11/2006, 5:05 PM

Everyone keeps saying head in the sand. The last time this happened,Ollie said,it would sorted and it was. It's the same this time around,unless you are privvy to info the rest of us aren't Gavin?

A face
26/11/2006, 5:09 PM

A kick that could lift them out of the sand and into orbit around another planet. This is getting serious now.

OneRedArmy
26/11/2006, 5:17 PM
Still bitter are we?

It'll be paid,nothing to worry about.If its going to be paid why incur the legal costs, negative publicity etc. of waiting until the last possible minute?

Oh wait, you don't know, you just know it will be paid because Ollie never lets you down.......

GavinZac
26/11/2006, 5:49 PM
Everyone keeps saying head in the sand. The last time this happened,Ollie said,it would sorted and it was.

did you not hear what he said?

the Revenue returned to the High Court in August after Shelbourne defaulted.

"They wanted us to do it their way, which was not practical," Mr Byrne said. "You agree to get them off your back."

it wasnt sorted. he fobbed them off. its damn jail he should be going to, for fraud

pineapple stu
26/11/2006, 6:58 PM
The last time this happened,Ollie said,it would sorted and it was.
How was it sorted if it's back again two months later?

green-blood
27/11/2006, 8:09 AM
one more slice of Tolka on its wy to the taxman.

exactly what do the Shels fans think will be left at the end of next season