PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst of Season 2006

braysnumber1
24/11/2006, 5:41 PM
Best Manager: Eddie Gormley - he gave youth players a chance and they did very well(just pipped Devo imo)

Worst Manager: Sorry Tony!

Best Player: Has to be Franco
Worst Player: Robbie Doyle - never performed. Colin Vint runs him close though!!!

Best Goal Scored: Giffy against waterford home what a cracker!!
Best Goal Scored Against us: Hutton for derry away great finish

Best Individual Performance in a match: Franco v derry at home never gave worked his arse off

Funniest Moment: management musical chairs. over 16 years with 1 manager and then 3 in 1 year:D

Best newcomer: i think the 3 young lads Ivory, O'Shea and Broderick did very well when they finaly got a chance under eddie

Best fans that came to the carlisle: Derry - non stop singing but sligo (i mean the 20 santas) were good craic aswell

Worst fans to come to the carlisle Shels- both games they came and caused trouble:mad:

Most entertaining game: Bray Shels 3-2 defeat had everything

Best result of season: Win against Cork

Copy and paste and fill i ur own answers....

Hulsey
27/11/2006, 12:56 PM
Best Manager: Eddie Gormley - Got the team working hard for each other and achieved good results against the top teams

Worst Manager: Tony Mc Guirk- Didn't lack enthuasiam, but just wasn't up to the huge task of turning the season around

Best Player: Colm Tresson- The one player I can't remember having a bad game all season

Worst Player: Ciaron Ryan- Only real tackle he made all season and he injured himself :rolleyes: . Nuff sais.

Best Goal Scored: Giffy against waterford home, most unlikely goal and scorer in a long time. Franco's 1st v derry at home and caffo's v waterford at home also deserve mention

Best Goal Scored Against us: Mick Roache v bohs away (1st away). May as well take this award for us too

Best Individual Performance in a match: Colm Tresson v Cork. Really held the defense together, and we got hammered the week after when he was suspended. Shows how much we're gonna miss him when he's gone :(

Funniest Moment: Giffy's goal v Waterford, just so unlikely!

Best newcomer: Ronan Ivory- One for the future

Best fans that came to the carlisle: Derry - as always didn't shut up all game

Worst fans to come to the carlisle: Bohs- Cos I plain don't like them :D

Most entertaining game: Away v Drogheda. The late og giving us a point, the craic after the game keepin the stewards back for about 20 mins and the bus home from the game was a laugh for once

Best result of season: Win against Cork 2-1 and I got it on video!

Eoingull
29/11/2006, 11:43 PM
Here's my mini "best of"...
Best Goal:Eamo against Shels in the first game of the season...seems like a long time ago now.
Most Entertaining Game: Bray 2-3 Shels...very exciting.
Best Player: I'm split between Tresson and Franco.
Funniest Moment: probably the celebrations after the equaliser up in Drogheda.