PDA

View Full Version : Duff and Keane not on the move

Billsthoughts
23/11/2006, 1:05 PM
saw this headline on back of herald at lunchtime but didnt buy it. anyone know what it was a bout? something about a move....possibly involving two guys called duff and keane...anyone? bueller?

OwlsFan
23/11/2006, 1:08 PM
Doubt if it's Damien Duff since he's out with an injury for 6 weeks and Robbie is unlikely to be moving.

NeilMcD
23/11/2006, 1:24 PM
Hardly true it was on the back of the Herald. Probably an article by Paul Hyland on why he feels duff and keane need a move.

cavan_fan
23/11/2006, 2:15 PM
Just to show any of us could write for the Herald here's my completely non fact based story.
Martin O'Neil is keen to bring Robbie Keane to Villa (insert following phrases Small squad, transfer kitty, Randy Lerner, need a striker, long term admirer).

Damien Duff on the way to West Ham. (Insert words: Misses London, transfer kitty, Icelandic millionaires, need winger) or alternatively

Damen Duff to Wigan (Misses Lancashire, pushing for Europe, Dave Whelan)

or what about Damien Duff to Liverpool (Misses North West, childhood fan (never let the facts distract you), Mark Gonzalez injured, Jermaine Penant disappointing, top 4 team.

Reckon you could put in any club you wanted.

passinginterest
23/11/2006, 2:59 PM
The article is by Paul Hyland and mentions Keane and Martin O'Neill. Pure speculation no quotes or facts. Dosen't even suggest a club for Duff, basically just says he might be a bit peeved that Newcastle is not working out for him. Utter rubbish. Yet I still read the Herald nearly every day, God help me.

endabob1
23/11/2006, 3:03 PM
The rumour mill in the world of Spurs has Defoe going to Villa for £7m which is more likely than Keane being allowed to leave.

johnnyc
23/11/2006, 11:40 PM
As a Villa fan, I'd go for Keane over Defoe. I'd take both (though that'll never happen), but I reckon Keane shades it. Martin O' Neill would get the best out of him too.

OwlsFan
24/11/2006, 7:08 AM
Duff has worringly just had a knee operation so he's going no place.

drummerboy
24/11/2006, 8:11 AM
Can't see Keano leaving Spurs soon. He has built up a good striking relationship with Berbatov. He had a great game last night, although he could have scored a couple if his finishing was a little better. Both chances fell to his left foot. His running off the ball was great and he was constantly probing to play in Berbatov and Lennon.

livehead1
24/11/2006, 9:09 AM
As a Villa fan, I'd go for Keane over Defoe. I'd take both (though that'll never happen), but I reckon Keane shades it. Martin O' Neill would get the best out of him too.

but there is no need for him to move. He's at a bigger club and Martin Jol, undoubtably is getting the best out of him, hes been excellent this season.

NeilMcD
24/11/2006, 9:26 AM
Lads its all rubbish paul hyland is a terrible journalist he must have been bored yesterday morning and decided to put this on the back of the paper.

passinginterest
24/11/2006, 12:10 PM
In Hyland's defence he had a good article about Rovers stadium in Tallaght inside the same edition. If anything it should have been the back page story, rather that the Duff/Keane fabrication.

johnnyc
24/11/2006, 12:49 PM
Wouldn't really agree Spurs are a bigger club than Villa, though I don't want to get into one of those arguments. :p Though I do genuinely think Robbie would play more like the fearless teenager we fell in love with if he had O'Neill as his manager.

pineapple stu
24/11/2006, 12:51 PM
Duff has worringly just had a knee operation so he's going no place.
Not too worrying really. He's out for a month apparently, and we don't play for another three months (and don't play a tough match for another four months). So he's just getting a bit of rest as far as Ireland are concerned.

endabob1
24/11/2006, 12:53 PM
Purely in terms of fanbase I would say spurs are a bigger club, sell out every home game even in the worthless cup. The UEFA games sold out instantly where as Newcastle & Blackburn have half empty grounds.
From O'Neils history I would think he would like Defoe as his quick fox in the box striker in the same mould as Cottee & Larrson, Robbie will drift out wide and come deep a lot to look for the ball where Defoe will stay right up on the last defender looking for flick ons & through balls.

Billsthoughts
24/11/2006, 1:22 PM
Paper never refuses ink. Why do you buy the Herald? It's a joke. Do you read The Beano still as well?

firstly if you had bothered reading the post you would have seen I didnt buy it. but I would have no problem buyin anything. am not a snob.
secondly whoever edited the thread title should have just put a question mark in.

ruben_sosa
26/11/2006, 3:59 PM
Paper never refuses ink. Why do you buy the Herald? It's a joke. Do you read The Beano still as well?

where do you get your sports news from, The Economist ?