PDA

View Full Version : minutes silence political controversy

Schumi
30/10/2002, 11:55 AM
While the day's mourning and to lesser extent the minute's silence were just Bertie pandering to the yanks, there's still no excuse for pi$$ing around during the minute's silence. The anniversery minute's silence this year was completely needless though.

A face
30/10/2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by James

???
Moron
you want to celebrate thousands of people dying
what the **** ??
Moron

Hold on there trigger !! ..... James, you know what he meant, stop losing the head man. Take one of them there chill pills lad !!

James
30/10/2002, 12:26 PM
hold on there a face and read what he said
gota be one of the most stupid comments posted here

The fact that the sept 11th anniversary wasnt observed that well aside (but lets be honest that wasnt worthwhile, should have been a minutes celebration!),

how can u mis-read that?

Gary
30/10/2002, 12:53 PM
Bit over the top yes Im afraid. Which i do evry now and then. Still doesnt mean i dont mean it. Youve made some howlers in your time as well, but yes that was a bit tasteless on my behalf. I should just keep comments like that down in the bunker eh?.

What i probably should have said rather than celebration was DERISION!

Anyway, this is totally pointless and off topic. Just hope that Fridays minute will be well observed.

James
30/10/2002, 1:13 PM
agreed GWA no probs

dalo
30/10/2002, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

that was a different matter- it was a political act which i was opposed to and therefore refused to observe- i think there were quite a few more who felt the same.

I can see why you would think that eanna and intially I thought the same but given the fact that it was a unprovoked act and over 80 nationalities died then I didn't see why not. of course it doesn't mean you have support what happened after (but that's another story). however a minutes silence is arespectful act to people who have lost loved ones and goes without saying it should be respected.....

Troy.McClure
30/10/2002, 2:59 PM
This is probably the furthest off topic thread ever! (Besides the fact that it should have been in the Bohs section from the start) :eek: :confused:

Éanna
30/10/2002, 4:19 PM
Originally posted by dalo
I can see why you would think that eanna and intially I thought the same but given the fact that it was a unprovoked act and over 80 nationalities died then I didn't see why not. of course it doesn't mean you have support what happened after (but that's another story). however a minutes silence is arespectful act to people who have lost loved ones and goes without saying it should be respected..... i respected the minute´s silence a few days afte september 11th against my better judgement. I point blank refused to respect the minutes silence a year later. Did we have a minute´s silence a year after Omagh? do we have a minutes silence every time the bloody americans drop another bomb on innocent afghans? Do we mourn the slaughter of Native Americans by the land of the "free" 150 years ago, and the fact that they still live in squalor in "the greatest country on earth" :rolleyes: NO. That minutes silence, just like the stupid day of mourning we declared was sycophantic sickening arse-licking on behalf of our government, directed towards george w. bush- the biggest terrorist in the world right now. I will not be held to any show of respect for an arrogant superpower that treats the rest of the world like it´s slaves. No to bush- no to war on iraq and no to american imperialism. :mad:

BTW, Dalo, it was not an "unprovoked act." It was a vicious, unhuman but understandable attack on a country that has been asking for something like this since Vietnam, Chile, Korea and all the other countries they´ve destroyed.

Jackie Jameson RIP
*just steering things back towards general direction of topic :) *

Éanna
30/10/2002, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
Get off that fence Eanna and give us your real opinion!!
:D

pete
30/10/2002, 5:18 PM
Take the politics over there (http://foot.ie/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=28)

Éanna
30/10/2002, 5:22 PM
done and dusted