PDA

View Full Version : World News Forum

jebus
22/11/2006, 2:51 PM
I was just wondering if people would have any need for a World News forum to run opposite the Current Affairs forum, and if so would the mods consider it?

This only came to mind because lately I've wanted to post on certain pieces of world news, such as the trapped Polish miners, the Dutch election and President Kagame of Rwanda possibly being put in front of the War Crimes Trial on charges that the RPF shot down the then President Juvenal Hibyarimana's plane, and sparked the genocide of '94, but have not been sure where they would fit. Th off-topic section seems a bit light-hearted to post this sort of stuff in, and I'm not sure many people would see these topics as being relevent enough for the Current Affairs section.

Just a thought anyway

drinkfeckarse
22/11/2006, 2:54 PM
I wouldn't have thought so myself. I think Off-Topic and Current Affairs more than caters for everything.

strangeirish
22/11/2006, 3:01 PM
I wouldn't have thought so myself. I think Off-Topic and Current Affairs more than caters for everything.
I agree. If it's light-hearted stuff-O/T and if it's of a more serious nature, then current affairs. I don't think the current affairs forum is limited to Irish news.

Dodge
22/11/2006, 3:06 PM

Agree. Current affairs was originally set up as politics but current affairs is more of a catch all compromise. Post away...

dahamsta
22/11/2006, 3:22 PM
What Dodge said. It was specifically made Current Affairs for that reason.