PDA

View Full Version : Can we cope with the Blackbird?

Colm
30/10/2002, 12:43 PM
With our defence looking very dodgy can our lads deal with the threat of Glen Blackbird, Paul Keegan, Bobby Ryan etc. I fear that they are going to rip our defence apart.
At the other end we may not cause them too many problems. O'Flynn might not trouble their defence a whole lot without the service of Georgie.

Its going to be a Mammoth task on friday with the visit of the "big" club but hopefully the HUGE club can put in a huge performance.:)

Gary
30/10/2002, 12:48 PM
We seem to have a big game mentality (semi final aside), but Bohs recently have a very good record against us. I spose itll take everything to grind out a boring 1-0. And im sure you will all agree that that will do JUST fine!

Colm
30/10/2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by GWA
I spose itll take everything to grind out a boring 1-0.and we will give away a last minute equaliser as we seem prone to doing against De Boez.

Gary
30/10/2002, 12:58 PM
I seem to remember more soft equalisers from Bohs a la Mooneys flap flap a few years ago in a game we had no right to not win. We beat the crap out of them, got a goal, sat back, they got a free on the half way line, hoofed into the box........ easy catch, no danger.......................oh dear.

pete
30/10/2002, 1:28 PM
Originally posted by COLM
I fear that they are going to rip our defence apart.

In the last couple of years they've "ripped us apart" at Dalymount but still couldn't beat us. On the other hand Bohs have a good record recently at the cross....

Time to think positive - wheres Uri Geller when you need him.....

:eek:

Troy.McClure
30/10/2002, 3:03 PM
What good record? Surely it was just the one 0:3 result last year? We have done well all other times.

PS does anyone remember Swan falling on his arse during kick-off the last time he played for them in the X about 3 years back? Priceless.

James
30/10/2002, 3:04 PM
[finger crossed / touch wood]

think twas down to good luck and excellent goalkeeping that we didnt get whipped in dalyer earlier on this year..
they play the same on friday i doubt we'll be as lucky as to get a draw

hopefully the regular home form win will return ...hopefully... [/fingers crossed / touch wood]

Éanna
30/10/2002, 4:10 PM
Originally posted by James
think twas down to good luck and excellent goalkeeping that we didnt get whipped in dalyer earlier on this year..
they play the same on friday i doubt we'll be as lucky as to get a draw
here here. hopefully our schizophrenic form will continue and we´ll play them off the park :)

Éanna
30/10/2002, 5:33 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
But the good news is the last time I saw a Cork Bohs game in Cork (at Bishopstown though) City went on to win the league!
Sheesh- thats grasping at straws a bit! Are you gunther in disguise :eek: ;)

patsh
30/10/2002, 6:33 PM
Well lads,
How's it going? I got the boot from my brillo computer job on the last day of September and f*cked off on a holiday to Portugal the day after that home game on Oct 4th..:(...Got to see the Porto v Benfica game weekend before last..:)..
Anyway, whats the story with this new defender who scored against Bray..?
Is he any good?
Will he do a job on Caw-Caw or are we looking at another Derek/Deccie ??

joe
30/10/2002, 6:36 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Can we cope with the Blackbird?

I have a copy of Terry Venables singing 'Bye Bye Blackbird' if the Cross dj wants a loan of it for Friday night :D

Éanna
31/10/2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by joe
I have a copy of Terry Venables singing 'Bye Bye Blackbird' if the Cross dj wants a loan of it for Friday night :D
The cross what? Since when do we have a DJ! :) You do realise that owning that is probably even more anorak-like behaviour than going to U-21 games :eek: ;)