PDA

View Full Version : noel king

dalo
29/10/2002, 12:35 PM
anyone see king's comments on TV3 about CCFC. he said they were in a false position?

what did he mean? should we be higher or lower or wot'?

then in the same sentence he thinks pat's and rovers have the potential to challenge for the league with shels and bohs!!!!!!!

another blinkered dub?

Pablo
29/10/2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by dalo

another blinkered dub?

Absolutely. but maybe there is a grain of truth in that. we hadnt won away from home before friday in the league and a team in second place in the league should have a better record than that. its our home form thats keeping us up there.

hopefully over the course of November we'll find out how good we are and maybe shut the Jackeens up

Colm
29/10/2002, 1:20 PM
Originally posted by dalo
anyone see king's comments on TV3 about CCFC. he said they were in a false position?
I wont be paying much attention to anything Noel King says until he learns to speak the english language.
It was good to see Trev pointing out all the positives bout city- unbeaten at home in the league, O'Flynn, how difficult it is to get a result in Bray etc....:)

Ali-G
29/10/2002, 1:29 PM
I thought Trev was going to clatter Noel when he said that City's league position is false. You could see in Trevor's face exactly what was going through his mind, If you looked carefully you could just see Trev mouthing "Noel, you're some ******, biiy".

niamh
29/10/2002, 1:31 PM
Every single "expert" they have on RTE or TV3 is a biased Dub. We are lucky City get any coverage and that could be mainly down to Trevor and Tony O'D.

Éanna
29/10/2002, 1:42 PM
Originally posted by COLM
I wont be paying much attention to anything Noel King says until he learns to speak the english language
LOL :D True. Noel King is an irritating little twerp and best ignored- he´s only a hyperactive eoin hand anyway :rolleyes:

Troy.McClure
29/10/2002, 4:41 PM
Am I right in saying that Warren was off by the time NK attributed Flynn's flick to him? Muppet!:rolleyes:

Twas good of Trevor to point out that Ollie isnt playing as well for $hels as he was for City! :D

Éanna
29/10/2002, 4:55 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
Twas good of Trevor to point out that Ollie isnt playing as well for $hels as he was for City! :D
he doesn´t seem to have done much for shels at all. i still have no idea why they signed him, unless they expected wes houlihan to be leaving in the immediate future.

Troy.McClure
29/10/2002, 4:59 PM
AFIK isnt Wes H a right sided player, in competition with Richie Baker? Im open to corrections on this one.:confused:

Éanna
29/10/2002, 5:05 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
AFIK isnt Wes H a right sided player, in competition with Richie Baker? Im open to corrections on this one.:confused:
pretty sure houlihan is left-footed.

pete
29/10/2002, 5:42 PM
Bring bad Rico is all i can say - must remember to mail tv3 later in the week ;)

Rico gave the impression he was actually at the games in complete opposite to Noely King. I'm sure Rico would have been Dalymount on friday instead of Bray but it didn't come across that Noel King went to any game last weekend as had nothing to add to the highlights shown.

If Noel King had only seen a couple of away city games (he said incorrectly had taken nothing away from city though) i'm sure he would be too impressed but when the table shows 6 wins out of 6 home league games that would show anyone we significantly better at home.

Counting Crow
29/10/2002, 7:48 PM
It is comical to listen to the crap from the Dublin panels TV3 insist on putting on - Oh how that accent grates on my fillings ( still is good to have a program dedicated LoI, however ). Noel King can hardly speak English.

Can you imagine if either Pats, Rovers, $hell$, Bohs, UCD or Bray to lesser degree, had a 100% home record? They would be talking about them all night.

I guess it's something we will just have to put up with.

Suggestion to TV3:
How about running a program one week as follows:

Host - Trevor Welsh
Panel - Tony O'Donaghue, John Creedon, Denis Irwin

Unbiased ....... of course.

Peadar
29/10/2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
Suggestion to TV3:

Host - Trevor Welsh

How about Neil Prendevile for a bit of controversy?

eoinh
30/10/2002, 9:21 AM

Suggestion to TV3:

Host - Trevor Welsh

no that wouldnt work. Tony had to go through some treatment demanded of his employers involving the mind. rte demanded that rude words be deleted from his mind so that they cant be spoken on television. words like LOI football, NL, Cork City, Derry city,Rovers,Bohs, live match tonight. unfortunately he mentioned domestic football two years ago and had to be stoned by rtes head of sport and an "Independent" witness called Fanning. Poor guy. Thats why he doesn't smile anymore.

patsh
30/10/2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Peadar

How about Neil Prendevile for a bit of controversy?

How about an inanimate metal rod ? It would know more about any subject, and certainly more about the eL, than Prendevile...

Éanna
30/10/2002, 10:55 AM
It is comical to listen to the crap from the Dublin panels TV3 insist on putting on - Oh how that accent grates on my fillings ( still is good to have a program dedicated LoI, however ). Noel King can hardly speak English.
I was thinking of e-mailing tv3 asking them to put subtitles on it cos I can´t understand him :)