PDA

View Full Version : FAO Rèiteor

Danny
20/11/2006, 3:59 PM
Move this if its in the wrong section....

Watching the wigan villa match a debate started up between me and a couple of mates.
During the game Camara flicked the ball by the keeper but went off the pitch and it was cleared.
While he was off the pitch it looked like the villa defender fouled him.

In short a player who is OFF the field of play, is fouled by an opposition player

If the ref noticed this what would/could he award ?

Also bear in mind that it was between the lines of the penalty box but off the pitch, if ya catch my drift...

As a former ref i probably shoudl know this ;)

Thanks in advance

wws
20/11/2006, 4:10 PM
card can be produced but not a free penno is my guess

Peadar
20/11/2006, 4:18 PM
This reminds me of a question which I considered after watching a defender hack down a forward but because the player was in a offside position, the incident went unpunished and a free awarded for the offside.
Was intersted to know if it was a green light to have a sneaky chip off someone?

Réiteoir
20/11/2006, 4:45 PM
card can be produced but not a free penno is my guess

correct - play would restart with the throw-in.

If the ball is dead you cannot restart with anything other than the original decision.

The Ref
20/11/2006, 4:58 PM
Move this if its in the wrong section....

Watching the wigan villa match a debate started up between me and a couple of mates.
During the game Camara flicked the ball by the keeper but went off the pitch and it was cleared.
While he was off the pitch it looked like the villa defender fouled him.

In short a player who is OFF the field of play, is fouled by an opposition player

If the ref noticed this what would/could he award ?

Also bear in mind that it was between the lines of the penalty box but off the pitch, if ya catch my drift...

As a former ref i probably shoudl know this ;)

Thanks in advance

Were was the ball in all this?

Danny
21/11/2006, 8:29 AM
The ball was in the penalty box but the 2 players were off the field...
Thats whats causing the issue for me.
The ball was still in play but the players were off the field..

The Ref
21/11/2006, 5:37 PM
The match is stopped,

The Villa player is cautioned

A free kick can only be taken from where an offence occurred.

As the offense is comitted off the field of play, a free kick cannot be given, therefore the match is restarted with a drop-ball.

Does this answer your question.

The Ref

EnDai
21/11/2006, 8:43 PM
If the players are off the field of play where the offence occured, where does the drop ball take place? Just inside the field of play, i.e: about 6 yards from goal? :eek:

The Ref
21/11/2006, 10:47 PM
If the players are off the field of play where the offence occured, where does the drop ball take place? Just inside the field of play, i.e: about 6 yards from goal? :eek:

Were the ball was when the offence happened

Danny
22/11/2006, 8:49 AM
thanks for the answers....