PDA

View Full Version : End of Season Plaudits

MyTown
20/11/2006, 9:11 AM
Here's my list of Oscars for the season just ended (for what it's worth & not in any particular order):

*The Board's decision to hire Tony Cousins
*Stephen Lally's courage & honesty in seeing the writing on the wall
*Goalscoring exploits of Moran, Gethins, O'Dowd and (to be fair) Murphy
*Longest WINNING sequence ever
*Alan Gough, Alan Gough, Alan Gough
*Off field professionalism led by Management Committee, Nick Leeson and a host of unsung heroes and heroines some of whom are known to visit this site now and again - well done guys and girls.
*Noel Connolly - what a pitch - again
*All supporters & sponsors who coughed up to keep National senior soccer alive in Galway
*Local Media Coverage generally, especially GBFM in recent months & Cian O'Connell's profiles of the manager & the Captain.

KEEP THE FAITH - COME ON UNITED

Terry
20/11/2006, 9:37 AM
Well said My Town

I would just like to add to that the voice of all the supporters new and old here on foot.ie. When I first came here 2 years ago there was only 10 or so supporters that were regulars here. Today as it stands there is 61 (that I know of), and it has now become the best place for us to talk about our beloved club.

On that note, I will annouce that I will no longer be moderating here as I will be made redundant in 4 weeks and wont have the time anymore, so everything can be passed into the capable hands of Galwayfrancis. I wont be leaving the site though, just wont be around as often.

GUISAUltra
20/11/2006, 10:34 AM
i agree with everything you have said my town but i cant believe ya havent mentioned ciaran foley, has been immense in midfield and in my opinion he has been our best player after goughy. i know he hasnt played as many games as some of the other players but as soon as he got his foot in the door he has been brilliant

JW.
20/11/2006, 11:46 AM
Spot on My Town. Murph had a very poor year though and is grossly flattered by his goals tally. In general, it was another season where underachieved (if we keep saying we're underachieving, it obviously ceases to be the case) but I believe we can look at things very optimistically for the future.

Metrostars
20/11/2006, 12:16 PM
Congratulations to all on such a fine season. Now if only we can get off to a better start next year than we had this year. Hopefully the season schedule works better for me next Easter when I'll be back for a week so I can make a trip to Terryland (narrowly missed out on seeing a game last Easter).

sconn
20/11/2006, 5:56 PM
the pitch what can we say it was brilliant ALL season keep up the good work noel:ball: :) : :D

Tir Oilean
20/11/2006, 8:22 PM
the pitch what can we say it was brilliant ALL season keep up the good work noel:ball: :) : :D

SCONN I wonder who that could be! Well Noel is the best grounds keeper in the country bar none. And from what we've seen on the tv its one of the best in the country in both divisions.

corbyeire
21/11/2006, 1:41 PM
Well said My Town

I would just like to add to that the voice of all the supporters new and old here on foot.ie. When I first came here 2 years ago there was only 10 or so supporters that were regulars here. Today as it stands there is 61 (that I know of), and it has now become the best place for us to talk about our beloved club.

On that note, I will annouce that I will no longer be moderating here as I will be made redundant in 4 weeks and wont have the time anymore, so everything can be passed into the capable hands of Galwayfrancis. I wont be leaving the site though, just wont be around as often.

fair play terry - great resource

Gaillimh Al
21/11/2006, 4:25 PM
While I agree that Noel Connolly does a great job on the pitch and it always looks good, it was not a great surface to play football on at the beginning of the year. This is not his fault as there are so many games on at that time of year, but it will always be a problem for us and our attempts at free flowing passing football.

Patrick Dunne
21/11/2006, 7:25 PM
Tonight Salthill Devon were training up in Terryland. Its open season up there between now and next June.

You can't blame the Galway FA, they have to look after the needs of their own clubs. In the long term, we need our own ground.

GUISAUltra
22/11/2006, 10:34 AM
Does anybody know if we will have the use of Drom for our training facilities next season. I was up there on a site visit as part of a course i was doing earlier in the year and they said that next season galway united wouldnt be using Drom.
Any one here have anymore info on that

Terry
22/11/2006, 10:43 AM
I think its that the u21's wont be playing any home games there, As far as I know we will be still using it for training.

GUISAUltra
22/11/2006, 2:32 PM
thats what i asked him but he said as well that they were eager to break the ties with all other teams and just use drom for salthill

Terry
22/11/2006, 4:14 PM
Id say hes just winding you up, Salthill would be fecked without the income from all the others using the drom.

GUISAUltra
22/11/2006, 5:43 PM
He definitely wasnt winding us up because he was giving us all a report on the club as part of our course. he didnt mean the people that are using the cages and the gym and that but he said the 4 grass pitches were gonna be used by salthill only

Patrick Dunne
22/11/2006, 5:46 PM
As Terry points out, Salthill Devon need GUFC to be training at Drom, just as much as GUFC need the facility.

GUISAUltra
22/11/2006, 7:27 PM
i know that it seems like a benifit for salthill but the manager of drom did say that this would be galway uniteds last year there. i hope its not our last year there as i think its the best facility in ireland