PDA

View Full Version : Flare

Seagull
19/11/2006, 8:16 PM
Am I alone in thinking that Sligo crowd were incredibly stupid and reckless in letting off that flare under a canvas roof? There's a picture of the guy holding the thing on Bebo, will any action be taken against him or against Sligo? :(

thedoyler
19/11/2006, 10:00 PM
In fairness the bottle throwing incident was just as bad if not worse...

sligoman
19/11/2006, 10:05 PM
Am I alone in thinking that Sligo crowd were incredibly stupid and reckless in letting off that flare under a canvas roof? There's a picture of the guy holding the thing on Bebo, will any action be taken against him or against Sligo? :(and will their be any action taken against the Bray muppets who threw stuff at our fans walking by them?:rolleyes:.

Seagull
19/11/2006, 10:29 PM
In fairness the bottle throwing incident was just as bad if not worse...
What's that all about?

Hulsey
20/11/2006, 9:49 AM
and will their be any action taken against the Bray muppets who threw stuff at our fans walking by them?:rolleyes:.

The sets of people involved in both incidents are fcukin idiots. I can only imagine what was going through the head of the muppet who set that off, normally wouldn't have a problem with a flare but under a roof which could easily go up in flames is where I draw the line. And I guarantee you it was none of the actual fans who go to all the games who were throwing the stuff at the fans, was a group of stupid fcuking kids who reckon they're hard men :rolleyes:. Lets give them a rovers scarf and drop them off near dalymount on a match day and see how hard the little sh!ts really are :mad: !

Eoingull
20/11/2006, 1:55 PM
I think all Wanderers supporters present felt embarrassed by the thrown bottle of coke (which had the lid off and spilt everywhere). It was one of a small group of young lads that had positioned themselves behind the "regular" crowd. I didn't recognise any of them, but then again, you get to a certain age and all 15 year olds look the same. What's important to point out, and the Sligo supporters concerned would not be aware of this, was that several of us turned around and "politely" told them to cop on. There is no place for that type of carry on at the Carlisle.
I think flares look great at a football match, but lighting it under a low canvas roof was ill-thought out.

iancruickshank
20/11/2006, 3:36 PM
To be realistic in a crowd situation a major responsibility is with the other fans to self police, and help the stewards as much as possible. One group can't defend their own bad behaviour by pointing to what the 'other group' did. Personally if I caught anyone throwing a bottle even plastic they should be removed, as some other punter is going to throw something a bit more substantial and so it escalates. As for flares, looks nice, but not in a football ground, again remove the people involved!!!!!!!

Hulsey
20/11/2006, 3:37 PM
I think all Wanderers supporters present felt embarrassed by the thrown bottle of coke (which had the lid off and spilt everywhere). It was one of a small group of young lads that had positioned themselves behind the "regular" crowd. I didn't recognise any of them, but then again, you get to a certain age and all 15 year olds look the same. What's important to point out, and the Sligo supporters concerned would not be aware of this, was that several of us turned around and "politely" told them to cop on. There is no place for that type of carry on at the Carlisle.
I think flares look great at a football match, but lighting it under a low canvas roof was ill-thought out.

Exactly. Although politely might not be the right word :D . As for the flares thing, as eoin said looks great but ya's should have known better than to light it under the stand. Should have gone over the far side to set it off and there would only be one problem being discussed now.

sligoman
20/11/2006, 9:10 PM
Yer stewards are the worst I've experienced in the league. Sound, but let the little kids away with anything they want.

One of our lads even got in with a Christmas tree:eek:

Hulsey
21/11/2006, 9:33 AM
Well what do ya expect when the majority are lads from the local secondary school whose only concern is getting in for free:rolleyes: . To be honest last year there was an even worse incident. After Bohs fans hit the lino with a coin at the end of last season the adult stewarts sent the kids over to stand in front of them and they took the easy option of watching us when it was fairly obvious there'd be no trouble. Have to get people commited to the saftey of the people within the ground rather than kids who'll prob wet themselves at any sign of real trouble.

Rory H
21/11/2006, 3:03 PM
in hindsight maybe it was a bit stupid...is that why 2 or 3 people including one rovers fan ran up and told us to lower it:o

superfrank
21/11/2006, 3:10 PM
I like flares and I really don't have any problem with it, although lighting it under canvas isn't smart.

I still feel the actions of the Bray fans was WORSE. Not only was a bottle thrown, I saw coins and little pieces of plastic been thrown at the Rovers fans.

Look at this way: The Rovers fans would've hurt themselves only with the flares, whereas the Bray fans were trying to hurt the Rovers fans. That is much worse, imo.

Rory H
21/11/2006, 3:13 PM
its not like we were coming with a bad attitude and trying to antagonise the bray fans....there are young kids like that in most grounds but they dont throw stuff..they just abuse us:D

Redzer
21/11/2006, 3:46 PM
I dont agree with the flares. But, No sand buckets. No fire extingushers.
Now thats asking for trouble. Have you no safety officer?

iancruickshank
21/11/2006, 4:52 PM
I dont agree with the flares. But, No sand buckets. No fire extingushers.
Now thats asking for trouble. Have you no safety officer?

You've brought up some valid points that need to be looked at, but could you please find out something for me. Will Santa be lighting red flares when he comes down the chimney, at Christmas could cause a few problems, and I might get a few sand buckets for the living room.

Fear Manach
21/11/2006, 5:01 PM
The stewards seemed to enjoy the sight of the flare. Was a wee while before the Gardai approached the area and took the flare away. Would a canvas roof not contravene fire regulations?